Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Box

• 01-06-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys just a question, I have the basic Sky package if I was to buy a Sky + Box myself on a buy and sell site would I be able to record and re-wind live tv with my card in the box or can Sky block it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There is nothing wrong with doing this. You would however need to contact Sky so they can pair your viewing card with the new box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

You would have to ring sky and pair your card with the new box, also you would need a second feed coming from the lnb for recording ( assuming you have a dual or quad lnb).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thanks for the replies, I only have a single cable from the dish so I would need a second one, I had been onto Sky and they offered me a Sky + box with HD free for three months and then 15 Euro per month on top of what I am paying, I told her I did not have a HD set at present and could I have the box without HD but the answer was NO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

New customers can get a Sky+ HD box installed without taking the HD pack @ €15 per month. Ring and ask to speak to cancellations, then tell them this is why...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

MOD: Off to the satellite forum we go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement