Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfollowing a Forum

Options
  • 01-06-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I want to get rid of two private forums I have listed on the 'My Forums' drop down menu. I don't post in these forums any more or have access but they still appear on the list. I can't find anywhere on my CP to unfollow these forums.

Any help? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You should have an "Unfollow this forum" button just under the forum name in your CP. I've just tested this and it shows for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Spear wrote: »
    You should have an "Unfollow this forum" button just under the forum name in your CP. I've just tested this and it shows for me.

But the two forums I want to unfollow are not showing up for me on that list. I guess because I don't have access any more. :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If the "unfollow this forum" button doesn't work, the this trick Gordon showed me last year should do it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055976198

Thanks IO but how to I find/change the ID to the unwanted forum ID? :confused::o
    Quick answer as I'm in a rush - copy the url of any "unsubscribe from this forum" in your User CP and paste that into a browser and change the ID to the old subbed forum ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Click on the forums and when you see the "You do not have permission to access this page....", copy the number in your address bar after the "f=" and paste it at the end of this URL

[noparse]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=[/noparse]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you're still having trouble with the forum IDs after trying the above, PM me the forum names and I'll get you their ID numbers.

You're a star whiteman19.

Thanks for the help guys. That was bugging me for ages! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement