Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired Eircom Phonewatch GSM alarm

Options
  • 01-06-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I have an eircom phonewatch alarm which the monitoring has expired. It was connected with the GSM box. All was OK will it was been monitored but now it beeps with a communication error. I have to disable to stop the beeps but they only come back again. I suspect since it only started happening after the monitoring expired that it is not a fault with the GSM. I was wondering if there is a way to change the number that the system was dialing out to, maybe my mobile or another mobile?

Regards,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

delboy76 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I have an eircom phonewatch alarm which the monitoring has expired. It was connected with the GSM box. All was OK will it was been monitored but now it beeps with a communication error. I have to disable to stop the beeps but they only come back again. I suspect since it only started happening after the monitoring expired that it is not a fault with the GSM. I was wondering if there is a way to change the number that the system was dialing out to, maybe my mobile or another mobile?

Regards,

D

Hi delboy76,

What system have you installed ?
    Yes, most of the systems they use can be set up to ring your mobile rather than the monitoring station.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Hi Altor,
    I have a Simon box I think. It only has 5 number buttons on the outside but more when you drop the panel.

Delboy76.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

delboy76 wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    I have a Simon box I think. It only has 5 number buttons on the outside but more when you drop the panel.

Delboy76.

The reason it is doing this is because the sim card is no longer active. I have sent you a P.M regarding the engineer code.

Advertisement