Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUMP Muzik Festival 20011! July 23rd & 24th

Options
  • 01-06-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

************WARM UP PARTY FOR CORK THIS FRIDAY with BODIKA in the PAV in Cork********** we will be selling limited tickets at the gig at the pre sale price of just €60!!! Also we will have last years tee shirts signed by Markus Intalex & Rockwell for giveaway!!! ******************** ***

Lineup for BUMP! 2011

Regis
    Inigo Kennedy
    Perc
    June Miller
    KOAN Sound
    Throwing Snow
    Equinox
    Stray
    The Person
    Sunken Foal
    Sunil Sharpe
    Rory St John
    Scamp
    Jamie Behan
    Glenn K
    Heavy Reel records
    Djamel
    Darren Rice
    Hsuan records
    Dubculture Djs
    Dan Sykes
    Ruan Flood
    NikiKiely
    Dubblebass Djs
    Vince MackMahon
    Oslo Flow
    Hsuan Recordings
    Rudimentary records
    Subtle Audio Djs
    Synergy(Hertz U)
    Bonz
    Mecca
    All city Records - Olan
    WTF is tech house
    Frawl
    didodea
    Andrew
    More TBA

Promoters
    BUMP!Muzikfestival, Vivamusic,Dubblebass & sounds-lovely

BUMP! Muzik Festival is a two day camping event embracing the best that Irish electronic music has to offer.

With a grassroots ethos, BUMP! gathers the best of the underground music scene from the west coast and in 2010 hosted over 600 festival goers, musicians and performers. While 2011 will be that little bit bigger, we are striving to hold onto the intimate nature of this unique gathering.

By mining local talent BUMP! is a springboard for acts emerging from a vibrant experimental scene. This hunting and gathering for new sounds and artists continues all throughout the year, with the myriad of independent parties and promoters, showcasing their work at BUMP!

Represented last year were Fried Egg, Roots Factory, Cheebah, Micronite, DubbleBass, Hsuan Records, Antiqua Recordings, WTF is tech house, Filthy Dubstep Bastards and Subtle Audio, Limerick’s venerated drum n bass label. Crowd’s delighted in performances from West Coast Scratch impresario Deviant + Naive Ted of Community Scratch Games alongside crews from Dublin and Cork by way of Surge, Dub Culture Ireland and Electric Underground.

Rockwell, Marcus Intalex, Calibre, Fran Hartnett, Bearweasel and Luka Baumann topped the bill for BUMP! 2010. To foster and celebrate local sounds, major acts are purposely kept to a minimum and are chosen to reflect the most engaging aspects of contemporary electronica with Hot Press dubbing BUMP! 2010 as “the best leftfield festival of the summer.”

Warming up for BUMP! Muzik Festival 2011 which takes place on Saturday and Sunday July 23rd & 24th, we have already hosted Loops Haunt, Sigha, Alix Perez, Fran Hartnett, Goth Trad and Marcus Intalex as well as many ‘private’ parties that started early and ran til the last dancer left the floor.

BUMP! is a festival left of the mainstream, fuelled by and sourced from, a culture that is young, engaged and evolving. Come Join us for a weekend in the country that will set off your summer.

Tickets available online from Resident advisor tickets here http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?249760 and also in local independent music shops. In Cork in Pluggd records.All info can be found on http://www.bumpfestival.com
    Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Was at this last year great little festival.
    will defo be hitting it again this time around.
    looking forward to it..great line up by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Only made it down for one night last year cos I had other responsibilators, was gutted that I couldn't stay for the whole thing. Great little festival. Will hopefully be there for the whole weekend this year!

Am I right in thinking it's a different venue this time around?

Only made it down for one night last year cos I had other responsibilators, was gutted that I couldn't stay for the whole thing. Great little festival. Will hopefully be there for the whole weekend this year!

Am I right in thinking it's a different venue this time around?

ya its on in a different place just up the road much better spot too an old golf course i think should be class..bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Vivamusic

Nice one guys, yes a different venue but very close to the last one. Should be a great weekend all we need now is the weather!

Only 3 weeks to go!!!!! More names added to the Line up ...check out details on www.bumpfestival.com or on the facebook page. Lets hope we get the weather!!!

• Advertisement

See ye all there! Can't wait to Bump the shit outta it..........

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where exactly is Clonlara in County Clare, was checking Google maps but when I put in Landscape House & Gardens, along with Clonlara, Co Clare the first result brings up Georgian House & Garden, 2 Pery Square, Limerick. So where exactly is Clonlara?, is it near Ennis, Limerick, Miltown Malbay, Kinvara or the Feakle end, is it at the Burren or what.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What bus would I get from Galway for this, Citylink goes to Crusheen and then Limerick after that, would I be as well getting off at Limerick and hitching to the fest there, apparently its about 15 mins out of Limerick city which I read from a Peoples Republic of Cork thread.

Hi there, all info is on here, if you need anything else holla back http://www.bumpfestival.com/#documents

• Advertisement

Found out on the EP forum that I just need to get Citylink to Limerick and theres a festival shuttle bus that goes from there. Travelling by rail is too pricey here.

Really? I wasnt aware of a shuttle bus from Limerick going to BUMP!....maybe its a private chartered one. Any chance of a link there to the said thread about the shuttle bus?

Vivamusic wrote: »
    Really? I wasnt aware of a shuttle bus from Limerick going to BUMP!....maybe its a private chartered one. Any chance of a link there to the said thread about the shuttle bus?

Im actually trying to get this confirmed on the EP forum atm, but I took this from the Bump festival website:
    "Limerick city is serviced by hourly intercity buses ( buseireann.ie / citylink.ie) and trains (irishrail.ie). The venue is only a fifteen minute drive into the Clare countryside, making it the most centrally located, out of the way place around." So I figure at the moment its either hitching a lift or that there is probably a local Bus Eireann service that goes to Clonlara, well hopefully anyways.

Yep apparently there is a shuttle bus from Limerick, why dont they mention this in their website though, I dont have a link to confirm this but there was a shuttle bus last year.

BUMP as a festival are NOT organising any bus to the gig. We are not aware of any shuttle bus, there may be some private ones organised by people going to the festival. Its about 14euro in a taxi whichi split between 4 people might be the easiest option.

Well boys heres some pics of the venue http://www.bumpfestival.com/#venue

FULL LINE UP BUMP! 2011

Regis

Inigo Kennedy

Perc

June Miller

KOAN Sound

Throwing Snow

Equinox

Stray

Hayze(sonorous/Gram)

The Person

Sunken Foal

Sunil Sharpe

Rory St John

Scamp

Welfare

Ghetto Quietly feat Prince Kong & Lady Grew

Jamie Behan

Glenn K

Heavy Reel records feat Djamel & Darren Rice

Hsuan records feat Tryst & D Twist

Absys Records feat Sho & Domel

Dubculture Djs feat Rob Ninjabit & Jonzey

Micronite Djs Dan Sykes,Ruan Flood & Niki Kiely

Dubblebass Djs feat Tokinwhite'boy & Baramus

Jimmy the hideous penguin

Mickey Fingers

Rumbus Merrylegs

Oslo Flow

Rudimentary records feat Someone else, Yoru, Vendera & roughquest(live)

Subtle Audio Djs Mecca & Deepcut

Synergy(Hertz U)

Ancient ways feat BONZ

All city Records showcase

WTF is tech house feat Frawl, Didodea & Andrew

Sarah Lynch

Christopher Black

Dubh Thrian

Alan Harris

Jet LI

The Handless organist

Filthy Dubstep Bastards

Fried feat Flynn & Teddy

Macca

Cheebah feat Peter Curtin & Paul Tarpey

Maighread

Broken funk feat Pete the Beat & Paul Dowling

a2DF & Leon feat live percussion w Tony Roache

Conky

SURGE feat Martins Myth, Howie miller & Jeff Walters

Earthship - (Live JazzJam Combo)

Freeform Foundation -(Funk Fusion limerickstyle)

Serious Mischief (Serious reggae & Ska)

& Some more names on the way

We are pleased to announce we have a chill reggae area hosted by Roots factory & explosion soundsystem.

New names etc on site, Art work all going up & the weather looks like its going to be great for the weekend. Theres also drink prices etc on the site.....3 cans for €10! http://www.bumpfestival.com

Weather looks like its going to be great!

Right 2 more sleeps and its disco a go go! Heres some pics of the site build etc.....weather is meant to be savage judging by all weather forecasts.....and farmers are talking about saving hay....session on! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.254391291253802.79804.100000488001182&type=1

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to this now the site look's like its coming together nicely.
    ticket got tent ready just need to pick up some booze now and im set.:D

Hi is there anyone driving down from Galway tomorrow for this, preferably early in the morning as I have volunteered to work there. If I can avoid having to get two buses that would be great, will chip in for fuel costs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Here's a clip of the funk/fusion band The Freeform Foundation, who will be playing on the Sunday afternoon

Hi is there anyone driving down from Galway tomorrow for this, I need a lift, will chip in for fuel costs etc.

Class weekend some of the highlights for me were Equinox, Jimmy the Hideous Penguin and Oslo Flow (Amazing, freestyle scratching emulating wah wah funk from blacksploitation music) which I cant find info of at the moment on the Bump website. It was seriously hot on Saturday afternoon but a bit more wet on the Sunday. Im glad I missed that mad paint fight on Sunday afternoon although my tent didnt heh heh. I have three minor complaints, 1.)was faced with having to hitch on Monday afternoon to Limerick on the very quiet road leading out of the festival site but was lucky to get a lift with the third car passing so it worked out in the end, but why no shuttle bus, not everyone owns a car nor have they travelled down with a large group of friends, so some must have been left stranded or had very sore feet by the time they reached Limerick.
    2.) The choice of food vendors was not great, one stall that sold breakfast rolls, burgers, sandwichs and hot beveridges, there was no vegetarian options, no Wok n Roll, Eco Bus (Probably all at Knockanstockan), wasnt expecting something like Pieminister but some more options at least.
    3.) Security. The arena entrance was right outside the campsite rather than that bit of a walk before the bass hits you. Its the old argument of drinks policy, I know the score about a licensed event, but even after 10.30 pm no one was allowed to take drink into the arena, also I heard that folk coming with drink from the arena was stopped too, why was this? It was afterwards I discovered that the building between the campsite and the main arena, the one with the reggae stage had an actual bar, which to my delight had Guinness on offer, but the bar staff told me then that they were licensed till 1 or 2 hence the no drink from the campsite area rule, they should have made this a bit more clear.

I enjoyed the reggae stage too, but was surprised when they packed up Sunday evening to drive back to Belfast, there was also a lovely wee spontaneous trad session that kicked off on Sunday afternoon at the tables near the real bar which added to the crack.
    All in all an enjoyable weekend and a fairly well run event.
    Of special note, this was one of the first times Ive seen security guys chase out fence jumpers in the early hours of Sunday morning, so fair play to you, it garaunteed that no scangers would be around to wreck the buzz.

Cmon more comments please, dont let the thread die.

Cmon more comments please, dont let the thread die.

Ok, ok bodhrandude:D

Was working at this, so was down there all week helping set things up. Really enjoyed seeing the site build from nothing to what it was when the gates opened on Saturday. The time and effort spent on small details like the lollipop tree and the flowers lining the trees/fences had to be seen to be believed. Had all my work done by early Saturday afternoon and then it was time to party!!;)

Only managed to catch a few acts on Saturday. Really enjoyed Welfare, Maighread, Lady Grew and especially June Miller: they rocked the place! Spent the rest of the night at the 'secret stage' where the tunes were brilliant..... Haven't got a clue who was playing but got my groove on regardless! Fell into my tent at about 10am and woke up in-time for the paint fight:cool:

You should have got involved in the paint fight bodhrandude, it washed out (eventually lol). Who would have thought poster paint in a supersoaker would be so much fun? Was wrecked/trashed Sunday night so only caught Sunil Sharpe (who was average I thought) and June Miller again.

Agree with you about the lack of choice regarding food, but it was still a vast improvement on what was available last year, so maybe next year there will be a vast improvement again? Definitely need more variety than hotdogs/sandwiches.........

The lack of drink in the arena didn't bother me as I had my own drink in my tent only 3minutes walk away, where I went back to and necked a can when I felt like it. And besides, drink in the arena was only €10 for 3 cans which was very reasonable I thought.

One bad point, I thought there was a small crowd at it? 400 people at most. Then again, maybe that is a good thing: keep it intimate. Tbf, that was nothing to do with the organisation though, more to do with the fact that it was competing with KnockanStockan which was also on and drew a big crowd I heard.

Can't wit til next year, roll on BUMP 2012:D:D

Advertisement