Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering courses without full requirements

Options
  • 01-06-2011 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

So I've just got my results there and did terribly as expected. Even if I had done well though I would still be asking as I regard choosing computer science as by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life. I have eneough points to do economics but I don't have the third language requirment, as I did economics instead for the leaving cert.I did both Macro and Microeconomics for my electives and they were the only subjects i did well in.Does anybody know if theres anyway at all that I would be able to transfer to stage 1 economics or economics through an arts degree next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

bet u didnt do as bad as me!! how many credits did u get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

30,but i still have 1 exam to do so hopefully 35

i got 35 credits... thank f**k someone else done as bad as me!!! cant go into stage 2 now until after xmas and cant recieve a grant !

We cant recieve a grant???No way I'm going to be able to afford it then.

we can't get a grant until we go into stage 2... i knw i cant afford it either and we will have to pay the reg fee too... but i think after xmas we go into stage 2 so hopefully can get some sort of a grant then... have you rang ucd bout it yet?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was talking to the program office earlier.They said to ring the admissions office tomorrow and see if they could sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

can you switch course when your already in college in first year?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

brownlad wrote: »
    can you switch course when your already in college in first year?:eek:

You almost always need to have the points for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Fad wrote: »
    You almost always need to have the points for the course.

points as in the leaving cert? or some kinda college points?

brownlad wrote: »
    points as in the leaving cert? or some kinda college points?

Leaving cert points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Not always.

Some denominated courses dont have a points requirement compared when transferring into an equivalent un-denominated course.

Eg.

Climate and Earth System Science to Omnibus Science

landyman wrote: »
    Not always.

Some denominated courses dont have a points requirement compared when transferring into an equivalent un-denominated course.

Eg.

Climate and Earth System Science to Omnibus Science

Denominated science doesn't really exist anymore, but I know what you mean, I have heard of people being refused transfers out of a denominated course because their grades weren't good though

Advertisement