Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEED adv.for primary school

• 01-06-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi! am looking for advice between ET ongar and mary mother of hope for next year, have even heard of good reviews for scoile grainne am willing to move well in advance to be near the school it will be easy to drop the kid in winters, am clueless about which one would be best. Am looking for a school with good focus on maths and english and a few extra curricular acitivities (if at all schools undertake them) like drama, sports, martial arts (paid / unpaid does not matter). it may sound a bit too demanding for a small JI child but we may relocate to a diff. country after 2/3 years and do not want the child to get too pressurised to cover up a tiny load later on.

cud anyone familiar with these schools suggest what will be a good option of these ?

thanks for reading

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

All primary schools do sport ,drama and music as part of ther primary currciculum.

I don't know any of these schools, but I do know that some schools take names from birth, so the popular schools may well be full years in advance. I'd suggest you make an appt to meet the principal of each school, you will get a good idea what a school is like through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ihope

All primary schools do sport ,drama and music as part of ther primary currciculum.

I don't know any of these schools, but I do know that some schools take names from birth, so the popular schools may well be full years in advance. I'd suggest you make an appt to meet the principal of each school, you will get a good idea what a school is like through that.

thanks for the reply am not getting any feedback I have done the needful already and need to know what is the best option for my child, but am not getting any usable response, ET parents say that that wud be best but have read on this forum and RC that generally ET kids are a tad behind in academics compared to RC/ Gaelscoil schools, however am not a christian forget about the issue of being a RC, I don't mind my child going to a church once in a while, even I liked doing that as a child (I see nothing wrong in that). Can anybody tell me how much time does a JI/SI spend in RELIGION studies cause I feel that will lessen the child's academic, PE, music etc time and whether prep. for communion, conformation etc is done during school hours.

if anyone has their non RC / christian child in a good RC school I would appreciate their opinion too as to how does your child feel not being able to participate in all the RC events. How does your child feel in older classes when he / she understands that they can't dress up and go for all the church occasions.

Thanks Hookorbycrook i will meet with the principal too.

The bottom line for me is a good school but I don't want my child to feel odd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It's hard to say any particular kind of school is better than another.We have a no. of children who are not Catholic and there is no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ihope

It's hard to say any particular kind of school is better than another.We have a no. of children who are not Catholic and there is no issue.

thanks for the opinion :)

Advertisement