Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

• 01-06-2011 4:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not really totally off topic but I'll just make you all jealous by telling you I'm off to the TT tomorrow for the weekend, wohoo!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Zascar wrote: »
    Not really totally off topic but I'll just make you all jealous by telling you I'm off to the TT tomorrow for the weekend, wohoo!! :D

damn you, me and cantdecide were trying to think of a cool name for the off topic!!

and DOUBLE damn you, i soooo wana go TT :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ya! Multiple damn you.

and i had my heart set on Biker Babes - made ya look, its just off topic

oh well Sniff sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

what's it like trying to find accommodation for the tt?

maameeo wrote: »
    and i had my heart set on Biker Babes - made ya look, its just off topic

oh well Sniff sniff

Well I say screw Zascar. He only comes here to collect the rent and boast about his awesome life.

I say you start your off topic thread with lots of capital letters and starts in the title and let the two threads duke it out! I'll start bullying lobbying PC to erase this one...

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    Well I say screw Zascar. He only comes here to collect the rent and boast about his awesome life.

I say you start your off topic thread with lots of capital letters and starts in the title and let the two threads duke it out! I'll start bullying lobbying PC to erase this one...

yea and ours will have blackjack and hookers...

nah im too tired, lets just keep this one going :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

LOL @ can't decided!! :D

How about we change the name of the thread whenever appropriate? We do this in the Electronic Music forum, it gets a new thread title every time someone says something really funny or retarded.

Or feel free to start your own and let this die if you want! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Blackjack and hookers woohoo. Hope its not a black hooker called jack

seanybiker wrote: »
    Blackjack and hookers woohoo. Hope its not a black hooker called jack

quite possible, we havnt really got the funds for the hookers tbqh :/

:pac:

hows everyone today? I'm wondering should i attempt to bike to swimming tonight, its like a 5-10min drive but id be on my own :/

too soon to go out alone?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I remember when I started I was sh1tting myself but very soon you will be grand. I'd just say take it at your own pace. Find a housing estate with no cars and do laps of it for a while. Take one aspect and practice that over and over. What I did was I found someone who had experience to come out with me and help me along and give me advice as I go - helped a lot. Good luck!

• Advertisement

I remember when I started I was sh1tting myself but very soon you will be grand. I'd just say take it at your own pace. Find a housing estate with no cars and do laps of it for a while. Take one aspect and practice that over and over. What I did was I found someone who had experience to come out with me and help me along and give me advice as I go - helped a lot. Good luck!

yea i did that on sunday, went to two big carparks and just went round and round, stopping, starting etc. then out on the road but had my friend behind me.

problem is he lives on southside and im on northside, hard to meet for a spin coz id need him to come to me :/

Did you watch the TT show last night? went through the whole course, unbelievable, the size of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'm not going over 'til Tuesday :(
    Have five days work and a college project to get out of the way first :mad:

quite possible, we havnt really got the funds for the hookers tbqh :/

:pac:

hows everyone today? I'm wondering should i attempt to bike to swimming tonight, its like a 5-10min drive but id be on my own :/

Go for it. The sooner you start making these small trips the sooner you'll start getting confident.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Go for it. The sooner you start making these small trips the sooner you'll start getting confident.

lol, i just asked my friend and he said not to go on my own yet, oopsie! :)

ah he's right, ive only been on the road once, i could easily make a silly mistake and have no one with me :S

At least youre going the TT!!!

definitely next year, for now ill just have to watch on tv *sniff*

lol, i just asked my friend and he said not to go on my own yet, oopsie! :)

ah he's right, ive only been on the road once, i could easily make a silly mistake and have no one with me :S
    When I got my first bike there was nothing that'd stop me getting out on it. I'm actually impressed by your sensibleness!

You need to find someone on your side of town to get out with so, or get a lesson or two on your own bike to improve confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Ah go for it, that's how I learnt, no harm done bar the odd couple of stalls @ lights and a couple of "oh sh1t" accidental wheelies taking off!
    Mad to go to the TT next year after missing out this year, how cheap can it be done for. Have two mates who are up for it and we'd hopefully ferry over with tents and our bikes.
    Just started a new job in Swords, living Mt. Merrion, went through town the first few days which is a good laugh but the M50 is still quicker, big increase in mileage for me. Have 190km to the current tank and the light isn't on yet, normally comes on around 180 and have never gone beyond 200km without filling up. If I get home tonight that's another 40km.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Thank this post if you think Zascar should be banned for bragging. :D

When I got my first bike there was nothing that'd stop me getting out on it. I'm actually impressed by your sensibleness!

You need to find someone on your side of town to get out with so, or get a lesson or two on your own bike to improve confidence.

id say if i was a guy id be on it every minute!
    but im a girl and a mommy so i gots to be sensible :D
    Simona1986 wrote: »
    Ah go for it, that's how I learnt, no harm done bar the odd couple of stalls @ lights and a couple of "oh sh1t" accidental wheelies taking off!
    Mad to go to the TT next year after missing out this year, how cheap can it be done for. Have two mates who are up for it and we'd hopefully ferry over with tents and our bikes.
    Just started a new job in Swords, living Mt. Merrion, went through town the first few days which is a good laugh but the M50 is still quicker, big increase in mileage for me. Have 190km to the current tank and the light isn't on yet, normally comes on around 180 and have never gone beyond 200km without filling up. If I get home tonight that's another 40km.

havnt done an accidental wheelie yet! lol

must look into the price of going to TT next year, guys who are going this year could give us an idea maybe?
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Thank this post if you think Zascar should be banned for bragging. :D

had to be done, hes probly just gona ban himself while hes away the weekend! :rolleyes:

oh any suggestions for the name of this thread??

must look into the price of going to TT next year, guys who are going this year could give us an idea maybe?
    We're flying over and staying with mates over there. Going tuesday-thursday so its being done on the cheap.

• Advertisement

We're flying over and staying with mates over there. Going tuesday-thursday so its being done on the cheap.

introduce us to these mates of yours? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Did you go?

The only thing to watch out for is the throttle. I mean, when you let out the clutch when starting out, I've seen loads of people fall back slightly because the clutch grabs. And they try and pull themselves back into position, but they end up winding on the throttle and flooring it!
    As long as you can control that you're grand. And that only happens the very first time they ride a bike.

Is there a throttle stop on the Fazer restriction?

Hi guys!

yea i went but my friend drove around a bit with me and left me at swimming.

When i came out of swimming my bike was gone!

i nearly died, seriously!

the fella in the crc hid it on me, could have killed him! he said it was to teach me a lesson for not locking the bike! no one told me i could lock the bike!!! yea you're probly all laughing at me now :(

anyways, i drove home on my own, cut out once, was fine, as you said Paparazzo, its the trottle control i need, im afraid of it starting off and then i go too slow and cut out :S grr, ill get it!

ya know what else i keep doing? forgetting to turn off my bloody indicators!!! argh!

anyways, thats my stressful story, hows everyone here?

..When i came out of swimming my bike was gone!...the fella in the crc hid it on me, could have killed him! he said it was to teach me a lesson for not locking the bike

I would have brained him. Cheeky beggar.
    ...ya know what else i keep doing? forgetting to turn off my bloody indicators!!! argh!

Ya. That's perfectly normal. My trainer used to kill me for that. My mate used to do it all the time too. It goes without saying that it's v.dangerous of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

keep thinking Ive left my indicators on..

green blinky indicator light - on a naked green bike, so I kept getting glimpses of the front fender under the clocks, and I compulsively press the cancel indicators button. Reckon that buttons gonna need to be replaced at the same rate as me rear tyres :P

Wossack wrote: »
    keep thinking Ive left my indicators on..

green blinky indicator light - on a naked green bike, so I kept getting glimpses of the front fender under the clocks, and I compulsively press the cancel indicators button. Reckon that buttons gonna need to be replaced at the same rate as me rear tyres :P

LOL! Same here.

introduce us to these mates of yours? :pac:
    Maybe next year if you're good.;)

cantdecide wrote: »
    I would have brained him. Cheeky beggar.

Ya. That's perfectly normal. My trainer used to kill me for that. My mate used to do it all the time too. It goes without saying that it's v.dangerous of course.

aw he's a brat, but i wont leave my bike like that again! :)

i know its dangerous, i nearly kick myself everytime i realise ive had it on :(
    im such a dipso
    Maybe next year if you're good.;)

im aaaalways good!! :D

• Advertisement

I'm not going over 'til Tuesday :(
    Have five days work and a college project to get out of the way first :mad:
    Project done and dusted. Just one more day of work and I'm off to the IOM.:D

Really looking forward to it now after a long and tedious (and sober:eek:)bank holiday weekend!

Advertisement