Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Me too. That season nearly turned me off the show altogether. You'd swear there wasn't a single Irish actor in the whole world that they could've employed, those accents were absolutely dreadful!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... Can we just get married now please?.

Tonights episode......
    The prison officer getting killed, deadly
    ~ finally Jax showed some balls.

Clay and the Nomads ~ ffs sake Clay grow some balls and make a decent run on Jax or form you own chapter with the Nomads and feck off.

Jax, Clay, Jemma, Tara and devided loyalties between Juice and the law... Gonna be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Poor ol' Half Sack, but I think he had a lot of problems in the run up to that.

I wondered why they cut him out like that. He was a great prospect. Never knew he went mental in real life :(

Good episode last night. I was getting a bit sick of Jax monologue's this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Thank you, thank you, thank you... Can we just get married now please?.

Tonights episode......
    The prison officer getting killed, deadly
    ~ finally Jax showed some balls.

Clay and the Nomads ~ ffs sake Clay grow some balls and make a decent run on Jax or form you own chapter with the Nomads and feck off.

Jax, Clay, Jemma, Tara and devided loyalties between Juice and the law... Gonna be a cracker.

:pac:

Last night's episode was really good. The ending confirmed what I suspected. Going to end out spectacularly I'd say.
    The Don wrote: »
    I wondered why they cut him out like that. He was a great prospect. Never knew he went mental in real life :(

Good episode last night. I was getting a bit sick of Jax monologue's this series.

He was a Scientologist IRL and he was insistent on introducing his beliefs to his character on the show and obviously Kurt Sutter wasn't into that so that was apparently the "real" reason he was killed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Remember that guy who had his bike stolen in dublin on his round-the-world trip? Found his blog, not sure if it's been linked before, but it's a pretty good read. Makes me wanna pack up and get outta here. :P

http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Pipz wrote: »
    Remember that guy who had his bike stolen in dublin on his round-the-world trip? Found his blog, not sure if it's been linked before, but it's a pretty good read. Makes me wanna pack up and get outta here. :P

http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.ie/

Shame the one terrible chapter is going to be about Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Went for a spin up The Vee yesterday with a couple of mates. As we left Lismore, the road is very narrow, damp, enclosed by trees and mossy down the middle. I was going as quickly as I considered safe and my mate pulled ahead. Neither of us could be described as going in any way slow.

I notice another light behind and I think it's our mate, a monumental slow-coach, and I think fair play to him, he's finally beginning to grow a pair and keep up. Next minute ZAP! A bloke on a scooter shoots past me and leaves me for dead. He did exactly the same with my mate on his Blade.

All I'll say is yer man must be a feckin' raver or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

cantdecide wrote: »
    Went for a spin up The Vee yesterday with a couple of mates. As we left Lismore, the road is very narrow, damp, enclosed by trees and mossy down the middle. I was going as quickly as I considered safe and my mate pulled ahead. Neither of us could be described as going in any way slow.

I notice another light behind and I think it's our mate, a monumental slow-coach, and I think fair play to him, he's finally beginning to grow a pair and keep up. Next minute ZAP! A bloke on a scooter shoots past me and leaves me for dead. He did exactly the same with my mate on his Blade.

All I'll say is yer man must be a feckin' raver or something!

HaHaHa thats brilliant.
    Love the way you said your mate is growing a pair of balls then you get pissed all over.

HaHaHa thats brilliant.
    Love the way you said your mate is growing a pair of balls then you get pissed all over.

BY A FECKING SCOOTER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Shame the one terrible chapter is going to be about Ireland :rolleyes:

Actually he was very positive about Ireland. He borrowed a bike and still went around the country on it, so apart from the obvious he seemed to enjoy his time here.

• Advertisement

Good stuff....glad to hear it. And his blog is very well done too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

BY A FECKING SCOOTER!!!

Woo another excuse to post this hero

:eek:Fellla on harley must be sickened

Ha, love it. A Ducati Panigale scooter....

reading the mag ireland site there on the new laws

:P :P :P :P

this is on the list

http://www.ralepi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2010-KTM-690-Duke-R-Side-View.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Many moons ago I fired off a few mails to my local TD's about the Penalty Points review where they were threatening to double points for bikers. One of them continued to chase it up and today I got this back. Some good news at last.
    I've been onto a few people in the department of transport about the issues relating to motorbike use.
    Their responses address some of the issues raised in the MAG article you sent me.

1. Penalty Points review: The Minister commissioned a review of the penalty points system this year, which marks ten years since the system was introduced. The review recommended a number of changes, raising points for some offences and lowering them for others. The review was considered by the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Transport and Communications. The outcome in terms of changes to the system will be incorporated in the next Road Traffic Bill, which it is expected will be passed into law in the first half of 2013. There is no specific mention of motorcyclists in the review and there are no proposals in relation to the penalty point system which would in any way specifically relate to motorcyclists.

2. Novice Drivers: in September 2010 the Road Safety Authority published a list of nine measures which, taken together, will amount to a Graduated Driver Licensing System (GDLS) for Ireland. GDLS is a stepped approach to the driver learning process which focuses on acquiring skills and experience rather than just on passing a test. Some of these proposals have since been introduced via statutory instruments, but some can be introduced only through primary legislation, i.e. Acts of the Oireachtas. One such measure is the introduction of a new category of Novice Driver, which will be addressed in the next Road Traffic Bill. A novice driver will be defined as a person who is in their first two years on their first full licence for any category of vehicle. It is intended that Novice and Learner drivers will reach a cut-off level in penalty points at six points, rather than the normal twelve. This will apply equally to holders of any category of licence, whether for cars, motorcycles, or any other class of vehicle. There is no question of singling out motorcyclists in any of these measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

No. 1 is great news but I don't agree with a different cut-off level for learner drivers. They should introduce a system like that for people who have acquired 12 penalty points regardless of what licence they hold, i.e. get 12 penalty points and for a period of a number of years have the cut-off point reduced to 6 penalty points. I'd say that is more likely to help discourage some of the idiocy we see on the road.

Woo another excuse to post this hero

:eek:Fellla on harley must be sickened

That's exactly what it was like. MORTIFIED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

feck.

bought wrong clocks for my bus; no biggie - swapped the back plate on them so that mine would be more secure on the front.

driving to work and my speedo and rec counter were all over the place :( least my fuel gauge worked...i think.

woops. time will be spent in the garage tonight.

also, weather not so bad this morning.

Maybe the rest of yis have seen this but I lol'd
    228753.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

careful out there.

roads are more than a little greasy.

coming out of my place this morning and the boots were slipping some and the back tyre was kicking out.

good careful fun.

cept for the poxy pinlock not un-fogging :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

For the love of good will people please use their mirrors when filtering! I got stuck behind some one this morning for about 10 km who wouldn't move out of my way!

anyone having trouble getting onto <other sites>

Yeah, it happens from time to time. I guess someone forgot to put 50c in the meter!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Started to convert the blade to a race bike for this: http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/acatalog/racing.html

Roll on 2013! :D

Noice wan!

I have a similar plan. My project bike is nearly done- an '87 VT500 (I know I know). I think the paint won't be dry and it'll be up for sale or swap for some kind of sports bike. A friend got a rough but ready 918 blade for a grand and I think I want to do the same. Bikes like these are crazy cheap at the moment so I think I'm calling it an opportunity to get some track time in.

Noice wan!

I have a similar plan. My project bike is nearly done- an '87 VT500 (I know I know). I think the paint won't be dry and it'll be up for sale or swap for some kind of sports bike. A friend got a rough but ready 918 blade for a grand and I think I want to do the same. Bikes like these are crazy cheap at the moment so I think I'm calling it an opportunity to get some track time in.

Go for it man. You might not enjoy but you'll never know if you don't give it a go!

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Go for it man. You might not enjoy but you'll never know if you don't give it a go!

This is my thinking too. It's never going to be more attainable than now and shur if I don't like it, what harm. Another item off the bucket list!

This is my thinking too. It's never going to be more attainable than now and shur if I don't like it, what harm. Another item off the bucket list!

Exactly, but it's great being able to push yourself further than you ever would on the road in a (relatively) safe environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone out this morning? How bad are the roads? I'm in South Dublin but my house windows are still frozen over so don't fancy risking it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone out this morning? How bad are the roads? I'm in South Dublin but my house windows are still frozen over so don't fancy risking it yet.

Useless to you, but was out between 9 and 1030 in Cork, my first early morning winter ride. Fooking lovely. The low winter sun is a bit of a bitch though.

I did nearly ditch her when I misjudged a bend due to the aforementioned sun. But managed to pull away just barely in time :)

For those interested, the way I went was from Mahon Point in Cork down to Roberts Cove going through Carrigaline. Lovely little ride, though I'm probably far too novice to be taking those bends, especially when I tend to go far too fast into bends I don't know. But I managed it alright. :)

Advertisement