Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Put a deposit on a '95 GSXR750 slingshot. Took it for a test ride and felt completely at home on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nice one....Savage boike in its day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thank you sir. It's my regular garage that had it. The bike was brought in by the previous owner for a balls out service but he ended up leaving with the bill outstanding and moving to the UK so he just posted the book on rather settling the bill. It's had a respray in black and red which isn't ideal but it's very clean and straight all the same. It has 23k miles on the clock which certainly feels genuine and it needs absolutely nothing.

Should help me scratch that track-day itch:)

Well there is about 1" of snow so far in Meath with it falling heavy now.....so if it keeps up looks like wez gonna be building a snow man!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

no snow on the northside of dub.

get to the southside, roads in slush and all sorts of ****.

get into work, snow banks :/

be interesting getting home later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Im in west dublin. Decent bit of snow. Should I take the bike out to the city center?

It doesnt seem very icy out. Just a lot of slush. What should I do?

No other travel options.

Im in west dublin. Decent bit of snow. Should I take the bike out to the city center?

It doesnt seem very icy out. Just a lot of slush. What should I do?

No other travel options.
    Careful does it is all i can say.

Not sure what the city centre is like but it's the car drivers and peds I'd be more worried about in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It's raining now in Palmerstown. I think I'll gear up fully and go for a short drive to the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

oh to have a crf450 and an extra 4-5k for..err.. mods...

MH%20Honda%20CR450.jpg

Wossack wrote: »
    oh to have a crf450 and an extra 4-5k for..err.. mods...

MH%20Honda%20CR450.jpg

And no more punctures.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah, €10 delivered. It looks like it hooks around the ears....would not be into that if that is the way. Could be just the pics, I have the respro foggy fitted to my 2 helmets so that does me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

A new eight-part documentary series filmed during the Honda TT Legends' 2012 road racing and World Endurance campaigns will debut on ITV4 in February.

The behind the scenes documentary follows the team from the Bol d'Or to Le Mans, via Suzuka, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man TT.

The series has been produced by London-based Gaucho Productions, the team responsible for the recent documentary on the Race2Recovery team in this year's Dakar Rally.

The first episode of the series will be shown on Monday 4th February on ITV4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

anyone come across any dealers with a v-strom 650 for sale recently... preferably down south end of the country?

anyone come across any dealers with a v-strom 650 for sale recently... preferably down south end of the country?

http://www.jpmotorcycles.ie/Search.aspx

Best I can do....bought my own bike there, sound enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Woohoo my race fairings are at the local post office waiting to be collected. The rebuild shall begin soon!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    http://www.jpmotorcycles.ie/Search.aspx

Best I can do....bought my own bike there, sound enough.

mmm a 2006 black factory restricted...that could suit

mmm a 2006 black factory restricted...that could suit

Yep and if you go to AON insurance they recognise the factory restriction and you will get alot cheaper insurance. And shops love to buy back factory restricted bikes as they are easier to sell on. ;)

Spin ends in disaster marriage proposal :pac:

More Than 300 Motorcycles Shut Down Freeway for Marriage Proposal

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yep and if you go to AON insurance they recognise the factory restriction and you will get alot cheaper insurance. And shops love to buy back factory restricted bikes as they are easier to sell on. ;)

my insurance aint up until April. I'll be leaving Liberty then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm with Liberty too - I'll be leaving them when I'm up. They are B@stards. I enquired about making a claim when someone tried to steal my bike. Damage was going to be about 1k - they said if I claimed my 4 year no claims bonus would go down to just one year, and my policy would incrase by 43%. And I'd have to pay €250 excess. What a joke. What's the bloody point in having insurance if its going to costs you three times as much money to claim than yo pay it yourself.

Adelaide for insurance.

or Carol Nash, but I've found Adelaide to be cheaper and more willing to drop the price when I call.

Only on my 2nd year now with AON and find them very good and service is excellant. Then again thank god I have not had to claim or ring them either....thats when you find out how good a company is.

East link bridge & toll are closed southbound this morning.

2 squad cars blocking the lane.

Guard said I can turn off the engine and walk the bike across! Pro.

Heavy bike tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

kaimera wrote: »
    East link bridge & toll are closed southbound this morning.

2 squad cars blocking the lane.

Guard said I can turn off the engine and walk the bike across! Pro.

Heavy bike tho :(

What was going on that you could walk across but not drive?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    What was going on that you could walk across but not drive?
    No idea tbh.

Was hoping someone else could tell me.

Nothing on AARoadwatch cept road closed.

kaimera wrote: »
    No idea tbh.

Was hoping someone else could tell me.

Nothing on AARoadwatch cept road closed.

Was it not closed due to high winds earlier?

Might have been a case like this:

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Was it not closed due to high winds earlier?

Might have been a case like this:

It was only closed southbound direction, guard just said bridge was closed.

And yea, it was just like that, cept with more effort on my part. :(

Had the damn top box on as well with stuff in it! Bad timing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm with Liberty too - I'll be leaving them when I'm up. They are B@stards. I enquired about making a claim when someone tried to steal my bike. Damage was going to be about 1k - they said if I claimed my 4 year no claims bonus would go down to just one year, and my policy would incrase by 43%. And I'd have to pay €250 excess. What a joke. What's the bloody point in having insurance if its going to costs you three times as much money to claim than yo pay it yourself.

That's fairly crap, I had a claim for a damaged frame/ignition with Quinn from an attempted theft about 3 years ago (cost €2,500 to fix). NCB wasn't affected at all, I did have to pay the excess though.

Seems like they're going downhill. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

They give reasonable quotes to young bikers though. Without Quinn/Liberty I wouldn't be able to have a bike.

Thats about all I have to say in their defence!

Advertisement