Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

kaimera wrote: »
    Guard said I can turn off the engine and walk the bike across! Pro.

You could have just pushed it past the Garda, and then start the engine, and just walk it on it's own power? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Only on my 2nd year now with AON and find them very good and service is excellant. Then again thank god I have not had to claim or ring them either....thats when you find out how good a company is.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

positron wrote: »
    You could have just pushed it past the Garda, and then start the engine, and just walk it on it's own power? ;)
    It crossed my mind to just get on and drive off but wasn't in the mood to piss off a guard at 0740!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

AgileMyth wrote: »
    They give reasonable quotes to young bikers though. Without Quinn/Liberty I wouldn't be able to have a bike.

Thats about all I have to say in their defence!

+1

I think the majority of lads who say they'd never go near Liberty/Quinn never had to insure a bit under the age of 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I think the majority of lads who say they'd never go near Liberty/Quinn never had to insure a bit under the age of 25.

Aye. I'm with them about 5 or 6 years now. They're STILL giving me the cheapest quote!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Quinn were always fine for third party insurance - in other words just enough to be legal and if they are ba$tard$ about paying out a claim, it's not your problem

Disaster for TPFT or Comp because now not only are you the one trying to get them to pay a claim, you're also the one who will be royally screwed at renewal time

Sounds like nothing's changed except the name...

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Urge to kill rising.

Grr, poxy mini roundabout turning up Sydney Parade avenue or road or whatever.

Yet again cut straight up mid ****ing turn by some whorebag who didn't even look.

Was so raging I grabbed a handful of throttle and pure chance I didn't end up on my arse.

*sighs* just needed to vent at the bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Meeting the lady who i did my IBT with tomorrow..to see how im getting on...all going well ill be applying for the test next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

kaimera wrote: »
    Urge to kill rising.

Grr, poxy mini roundabout turning up Sydney Parade avenue or road or whatever.

Yet again cut straight up mid ****ing turn by some whorebag who didn't even look.

Was so raging I grabbed a handful of throttle and pure chance I didn't end up on my arse.

*sighs* just needed to vent at the bitch.

Kick to the door usually helps the frustration I find....but then again only if it was a really bad cut and nearly a hit!

Get air horns, the louder the better, only thing that gets the attention of some people.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Aye. I'm with them about 5 or 6 years now. They're STILL giving me the cheapest quote!

5 years here and I'm coming in under their minimum premium which is €280!
    Adelaide have been very eager to take my business this year though and are confident they will be able to beat Liberty so I'm contemplating changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

right went for a spin with the person i did the IBT with today to see how was getting on and to discuss my options.

Getting on grand. Made a balls of my u turn :P

So id need to get the shadow restricted to use it for the test at a cost of 275...so it makes sense to do module 5 at a only a few quid more and use the instructors CBF 600 for the test.

Which is great cause i have my eye on a lovely CBF 600 with full luggage

If i get my act together in the coming weeks i could actually go from never having been on a bike to being full unrestricted in just over a year....thats a little scary.

I'll be staying on a small bike for a few years yet though. Loads and Loads to still learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

RosieJoe wrote: »
    A new eight-part documentary series filmed during the Honda TT Legends' 2012 road racing and World Endurance campaigns will debut on ITV4 in February.

The behind the scenes documentary follows the team from the Bol d'Or to Le Mans, via Suzuka, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man TT.

The series has been produced by London-based Gaucho Productions, the team responsible for the recent documentary on the Race2Recovery team in this year's Dakar Rally.

The first episode of the series will be shown on Monday 4th February on ITV4.

This is starting on ITV4 +1 now in a minute :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

It snowed here from 1am to 4am and then snowed again this morning from around 7am. Roads are a bit dodgy in places between Waterford and Carrick-on-Suir. Plenty of idiots driving along at 50kmph for absolutely no reason.

Got caught in a little mini blizzard just after I left my house. It was a bit rough and I was thinking if it was like that for much further, I'd just turn around but I blasted up the road and got through it.

Worst places are, as usual, where slush and snow get built up, slip road exits and the like.

Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

had someone throw a snowball out their window at me while I was filtering.. uncharacteristically for me, I hoped off the bike and went over to him. Car with 2 other lads, and the guy says I didnt throw anything at you - in fact shows another snow ball in his hand (some evidence there :confused: the lads window is down too, at 2-3 degrees temp? :confused:). So with zero remorse coming my way, I settle for vengence, and scoop two handfuls of snow off his bonnet and give him a face full :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Wossack wrote: »
    had someone throw a snowball out their window at me while I was filtering.. uncharacteristically for me, I hoped off the bike and went over to him. Car with 2 other lads, and the guy says I didnt throw anything at you - in fact shows another snow ball in his hand (some evidence there :confused: the lads window is down too, at 2-3 degrees temp? :confused:). So with zero remorse coming my way, I settle for vengence, and scoop two handfuls of snow off his bonnet and give him a face full :pac:

At least it wasn't a Cat...yes a ****ing Cat! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    At least it wasn't a Cat...yes a ****ing Cat! :eek:

:eek:

sounds fun!

Wossack wrote: »
    :eek:

sounds fun!

Happened about a month ago, going through a residential area and I noticed something black flying through the air towards me in the corner of my eye. Next thing there was something hanging off my shoulder , I looked at my shoulder to find a cat staring back at me and a bunch of kids running away laughing their asses off, pretty much a WTF moment.

The cat just jumped down off my arm and walked away like nothing happened!

Called the guards and they said they would send a car around to check out the area after I gave their descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Happened about a month ago, going through a residential area and I noticed something black flying through the air towards me in the corner of my eye. Next thing there was something hanging off my shoulder , I looked at my shoulder to find a cat staring back at me and a bunch of kids running away laughing their asses off, pretty much a WTF moment.

Called the guards and they said they would send a car around to check out the area after I gave their descriptions.

lol it would only happen in Carlow Blu :D

• Advertisement

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    lol it would only happen in Carlow Blu :D

FU! It was in Kilkenny actually :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Kick to the door usually helps the frustration I find....but then again only if it was a really bad cut and nearly a hit!

Or unless its an aul lad giving you **** about your choice of parking spot :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

aaahahahahahah i almost just suffocate from laughter!!!

A lot of bikes come with cats fitted now but most riders just remove them :)

Wasn't much snow out my way this morning but it was on top of a decent layer of frost, so it was the bus for me :(

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This guy is a little confused about what type of bike he has. Maybe it fell of the back of a truck
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/kawasaki/other-kawasaki/2004-kawasaki-for-sale/1725704#comment_12639455

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Turns out I wont be turning the blade into a race bike, as I've been given the chance to ride a full race spec R6 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Model: Other Kawasaki :D

Any league for the MCN road racing this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Anyone coming from Dun Laoghaire down by Cherrywood and onto the M50 be on the lookout for petrol/diesel spilt on the road. It's mostly in the overtaking lane on the roundabouts and turns.

I got a little sideways taking off from the flyover onto the north bound M50 slip road where it was less visible.

• Advertisement

Roads are very greasy at the moment anyway. Needs a good fall of rain to wash the crap off the roads (but not until after I get the grass cut). Had the back wheel spin up for a split second this morning on a tar band, that shouldn't happen in the dry.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement