Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

FREAKED out of my head!

I've had the Aprilia stripped down for almost a week sorting the last few bits and pieces and decided to give it a start and run today. All the ignition lights were there but it wouldn't crank!

I thought it was the starter solenoid and left it and went for a spin on the GSX. I realised I hadn't been hearing it prime either so I was going over what it could be in my head all day. I was convinced it was a gammie immobiliser and a world of pain lay ahead.

Myself and my mate shorted the solenoid and she cranked but it was still not even considering firing. We stripped it all down, checked all the fuses and blah blah blah- all to no avail. We were looking online and hearing stories about people bypassing immobilisers and losing keys and all kinds of messy and expensive crap. I was bawking at the €40 for the new solenoid let alone a four figure sum for a complete immobiliser system.

We went looking for the diagnostic connections behind the RH side cover and... I spotted it... a small, insignificant little earth connection that goes on behind the exhaust hang I removed during the week. It looked like it may have belonged to the defunct alarm.

Connected it back up and WHIRRRRRRRR of the fuel pump. Boom- away she went...

Relief is not the word:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

thankfully you found that before a spend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I have a niggle with the FZ6 at the moment, neutral light blinks slightly when I moving a bit lively....does not happen at anything under 100klm (60mph) and after that it feels like its either vibration or the wind that is jiggling a loose connection somewhere. I have checked the neutral switch at the back of the engine and its secure with no loose connections.....will have to chase the wiring harness and it could get messy.

The bike is 100% apart from this no probs with gear change or selecting etc. Its a silly little thing but annoying flashing on the clocks when riding.

Any ideas?

So the GSX1400 situation has come to a head...

Work, vital, non-vital and purely indulgent lists as follows;

-Oil change
    -Valve clearances
    -Balance throttle bodies
    -Rectify Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator issue (C28 fault code)
    -Rebuild forks
    -Fresh seals and oil
    -Up-rated springs
    -Re-finish fork legs
    -Rear suspension linkage lube
    -New front discs and pads
    -Stainless down-pipes and collector box
    -Chrome crash/ engine bars
    -Buy and paint a hugger (been promising myself one for FIVE YEARS!)
    -Repaint the bellypan
    -Repaint the grab rail
    -Misc powder coating gloss black;
    -Alternator and engine casing
    -Alu oil cooler cover
    -Bar ends
    -Side stand
    -Centre stand

With that truly fine list of jobs to be done, it's really into winter project territory. With that in mind, I've decided to take the thing off the road and focus on running the Mille and getting it the way it needs to be. This also needs tyres and a few other bits and pieces. At least, if I sideline the 14, there's no more agony associated with it...

Furthermore; got any spare change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

lol, ye sound like me and my street triple - have the project bike on the road at the moment (half finished zx6) while I sort my main..

good idea bout the list - as its just in my head at the mo

-valve clearances
    -new filters & plugs
    -coolant and brake fluid refresh
    -manual cam chain adjuster
    -sai block off plates (maybe)
    -respray various brackets - particularly round the rad
    -figure out something to do with some bubbling powdercoat on engine (hrm)
    -bar end mirrors (same as ye with your hugger - wanted em for years!)
    -fit throttle tube from speed/sprint (shorter throw to WOT)
    -balance throttle bodies
    -install new map
    -reset throttle position sensor
    -rear sets are powdercoated daytona 675 jobbies - and heel guards are scratched to buggery (looks bad), and the little grips on the pegs are all filled in with powdercoat, so quite slippy when wet - have replacement ones on the way
    -polish up the downpipes
    -consider new suspension all round ($$$$)

hah, even with all the above, this bike is in better shape then the one Im on now lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In case anyone was under the impression bikers aren't a tight knit brotherhood.

A mate was killed in a motorcycle accident back in April, here's Riggs 1% DDMC funeral.

There were bikers from all over the country, both independent riders, MC and MCC.

Riggs, may you rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

In case anyone was under the impression bikers aren't a tight knit brotherhood.

A mate was killed in a motorcycle accident back in April, here's Riggs 1% DDMC funeral.

There were bikers from all over the country, both independent riders, MC and MCC.

Riggs, may you rest in peace.

Lost one of our club brothers earlier this year as well Mak, the outpour of respect from other clubs in attendance still swells me with pride when I think about it.

RIP Noely / RIP Riggs

Attended the funeral of a fellow biker locally not so long ago. If you ever wondered whether you were an outsider to the biking community, you quickly realise how inclusive and closely knit the biking world is when bad things happen.

NEW TYRES BABY!!!!

Dunlop Road Smarts. Fitted but won't get to test them yet as the leaky oil pressure switch won't arrive until next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Doing a bit of spring cleaning and have a stiebel nautilus car/bike horn that I never managed to get around to attaching to my bike. If anyone wants it, let me know.
    For free assuming some sensible collection/meetup in the Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Idleater wrote: »
    Doing a bit of spring cleaning and have a stiebel nautilus car/bike horn that I never managed to get around to attaching to my bike. If anyone wants it, let me know.
    For free assuming some sensible collection/meetup in the Dublin area.

I ll take it mate if its looking for a good home....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

If wonda is slacking and cant meet up i can take it also man. I work in Sandyford so can probs meet up depending on where you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Wonda boy, I'll PM you, if it doesn't work out I'll be on to you goodlad.

Advertisement