Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

AgileMyth wrote: »
    ... after a long and tedious (and sober:eek:)bank holiday weekend!

STOP! Nobody move a muscle. I've just accidentally dropped the worlds tiniest violin and I didnt see which way it went.

That's the pity you get when you bugger off to IOM and don't bring any of us with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

cantdecide wrote: »
    STOP! Nobody move a muscle. I've just accidentally dropped the worlds tiniest violin and I didnt see which way it went.

That's the pity you get when you bugger off to IOM and don't bring any of us with you.
    Ah well. Guess I'll have to drown my sorrows in Douglas tomorrow evening so.:P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Have a good one! I'm just back had a great weekend, never seen so many bikes in my life! Never got a chance to do the full track, the mountain road was almost permanently closed - every time they opened it within an hour someone would splat themselves and they'd close it again. Such a pity, so many guys go up there doing crazy ridiculous speeds thinking they are Ian Hutchinson, but they make one tiny mistake and its curtains. The Isle of Man is a great place, its a miracle they still allow people to do this, but it might not be for too much longer if so many people keep dying

What would we think of black downpipes on my GSX14? I was talking to a powder coater who thinks it should be okay to blast and coat my downpipes with a heat resistant coating.

I plan on keeping the bike and I don't fancy the idea of having to refinish or replace the pipes regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

morning! how was everyones weekend?

So jealous Zascar, looked like an amazing weekend, was stuck into it, hope we get to go next year!

CD, i duno what your on about so i cant help :P

my legs dont seem to be working after the mini marathon but gona try get on on my bike around the area tonight, i need moar practice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What would we think of black downpipes on my GSX14? I was talking to a powder coater who thinks it should be okay to blast and coat my downpipes with a heat resistant coating.

I plan on keeping the bike and I don't fancy the idea of having to refinish or replace the pipes regularly.
    You can get black flameproof paint, it's good to 1200ºc so it should be fine for the headers.

I'll have to have a look for that. Do you know if I'll have to have them blasted? Do you reckon it would look cool on a 1400?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would say a wash and a light sand will get most of the gunk off. Then spray them.
    They will still fade as roadcrap gets thrown on to them and bakes on.
    But will look better than rust brown!
    The spray cans aren't expensive, I am sure that I saw them in Toppart in Clon for less than 10 per can. VHT brand.

i have to sand and paint pipes :/ ugh

Went out to malahide last night, enjoyed it much more as i didnt make as many mistakes :D

went into neutral twice by accident though, BRRRRRRRRUMMMMMM...

maameeo wrote: »
    i have to sand and paint pipes :/ ugh

Went out to malahide last night, enjoyed it much more as i didnt make as many mistakes :D went into neutral twice by accident though, BRRRRRRRRUMMMMMM...

All part of the fun, m'dear! Keep up the good work and if you fancy sanding mine too, feel free. I know how you take your tea!

< see how I resisted cracking a 'fancy cleaning my pipes' gag? Are you proud of me? :D >

• Advertisement

All part of the fun, m'dear! Keep up the good work and if you fancy sanding mine too, feel free. I know how you take your tea!

< see how I resisted cracking a 'fancy cleaning my pipes' gag? Are you proud of me? :D >

proud? im shocked at your restraint! :P

You coming up the weekend?

proud? im shocked at your restraint! :P You coming up the weekend?

Why is it that wherever you go, a double entendre is sure to follow?

I'm trying to swing it. An old friend is bringing his sprog back from the UK for the first time at the weekend. I'll definitely spend time with him but it would be cool to brave the long haul to make the run if it is stays dry.

Are you going to it? Will you drive?

Why is it that wherever you go, a double entendre is sure to follow?

I'm trying to swing it. An old friend is bringing his sprog back from the UK for the first time at the weekend. I'll definitely spend time with him but it would be cool to brave the long haul to make the run if it is stays dry.

Are you going to it? Will you drive?

im just looking at the route...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=217141905563677154657.0004a41ef789468338a76

It looks long and scary!! Friend thinks itll be really good for me, what you think?

oh heres the poster for it...

CharityRunPosterA4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'll be heading with maameeo and a few others on Sunday.

It's for a good cause to raise money for The National Maternity Hospital Intensive Care Unit (Unit 8) so if we could get a few more going along it's be great.

Sign on is between 9:30 - 10:30 at Dublin Harley Davidson in Ballymount Ind Est just off the M50 and start out at 11.

im just looking at the route...It looks long and scary!! Friend thinks itll be really good for me, what you think?

I think it depends on how much you've been getting out and how comfortable you are with the idea of it. There can be a little pressure to make progress even if you're at the very back. I think if you aren't feeling it, you shouldn't do it but you should at least go as a pillion if you can. If you're feeling up to it, and the weather holds, you will enjoy it.
    The Don wrote: »
    I'll be heading with maameeo and a few others on Sunday. It's for a good cause to raise money for The National Maternity Hospital Intensive Care Unit (Unit 8) so if we could get a few more going along it's be great. Sign on is between 9:30 - 10:30 at Dublin Harley Davidson in Ballymount Ind Est just off the M50 and start out at 11.

Thanks for that. Weren't you about to explain why you don't show your face around here more often :pac:

TBH, I think I'll have to give this a miss unless they wadically weview the forecast. They said on R1 this morning that Sunday will have widespread heavy rain and wind :( The busa will still be off the road by then and I'll have no protection on the GSX...

I think it depends on how much you've been getting out and how comfortable you are with the idea of it. There can be a little pressure to make progress even if you're at the very back. I think if you aren't feeling it, you shouldn't do it but you should at least go as a pillion if you can. If you're feeling up to it, and the weather holds, you will enjoy it.

Thanks for that. Weren't you about to explain why you don't show your face around here more often :pac:

TBH, I think I'll have to give this a miss unless they wadically weview the forecast. They said on R1 this morning that Sunday will have widespread heavy rain and wind :( The busa will still be off the road by then and I'll have no protection on the GSX...

hehe, ive been saying that to him too! hehe!

aww pity, but i understand. The offer is open to come up sat and stay with us if you like. the lil one is off on a sleep over that night so plenty of room in the house :)

The Don there said he'd babysit me if i go. I'm just worried about over taking and such, i havnt done anything like that yet :/ and if it starts lashing ill be scared to death! eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Weren't you about to explain why you don't show your face around here more often :pac:
    hehe, ive been saying that to him too! hehe

I lurk. Too shy to show myself around real bikers :) I'll try to be a bit more proactive in the community from now on.
    We won't push her, I remember what it was like my first time out not that long ago. If the weather is bad then your right that she would be better off sitting this one out and getting more experience the open road on dry days.

I lurk. Too shy to show myself around real bikers :) I'll try to be a bit more proactive in the community from now on.

real bikers are just teddy bears under those hard helmets :D

sure look at me, cant even go out on my own yet and im here, dont be shy, this place needs more activity :D

...The offer is open to come up sat and stay with us if you like...The Don there said he'd babysit me if i go. I'm just worried about over taking and such, i havnt done anything like that yet :/ and if it starts lashing ill be scared to death! eek!

That's very sweet of you. If the weather forecasts change, I'll be there with bells on.

You aren't obliged to either depart with or stay with the pack. If the weather turns or if you get cold feet, you can always pull over and leave the crowd off.
    I lurk. I'll try to be a bit more proactive in the community from now on.

Now see you do :)
    real bikers are just teddy bears under those hard helmets :D

< puckers > I'm norra teddy bear :o:D

Last day off TT, no body tell me anything!!! Want to watch it all in the morn :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone watching the British GP? Lovely weather for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyone watching the British GP? Lovely weather for it...

Moto 2 on now, then the Moto GP later, and the F1 at 6.

An afternoon/evening in front of the telly for me.

just back from that charity spin, oh my dear god i hurt!
    cold, wet and sore...deadly! lol

but sadly i let my bike fall over twice :( first time was in a garage, my foot slipped in the rain and down i went. second was at a junction, i stopped, put my foot down and it went into a shore!

definitely getting my bike lowered!

poor bike :(

Awww crap, sorry to hear that. You ok? Yeah deffo get it lowered, much easier to handle. Fair play to you out on the bike today - i have barely left the couch all day!

Zascar wrote: »
    Awww crap, sorry to hear that. You ok? Yeah deffo get it lowered, much easier to handle. Fair play to you out on the bike today - i have barely left the couch all day!

ah im grand, i didnt try catch it, i just went with it. just my pride was damaged :(

was unreal, i was in agony but delighted i did it, hopefully i learned a lot :D

damn you and your sofa! :P

ah im grand, i didnt try catch it, i just went with it. just my pride was damaged :(

was unreal, i was in agony but delighted i did it, hopefully i learned a lot :D

damn you and your sofa! :P

Good job, L. Do you have crash mushrooms? If you don't, I'd recommend picking some up. It's not nice seeing your bike floundering on the floor but you did the exact right thing. You'll feel the most useless when you're learning the most.

nope no crash mushrooms but also no fairing on sides. duno if they would have helped much :/

cant believe the weather since sunday! its so nice today, would have loved this weather for my first spin :(

...nope no crash mushrooms but also no fairing on sides. duno if they would have helped much...

Mushrooms will also help save engine casings, tanks and frames etc. too. My mate started out in 2009 and he's fairly short and fairly slight and he kept dropping his then 2 year old Bandit when stopped or stopping. His mushrooms paid for themselves 10 times over while he was learning. I understand they make it a little easier to pick a bike back up again. You should have got himself to get you a set for your birthday! I must get a set for my GSX.
    ...cant believe the weather since sunday! its so nice today, would have loved this weather for my first spin :(...

There's a long summer yet :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anyone wanna buy an SV650S? :)

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna buy an SV650S? :)

I'll swap you for a 316i with a fcuked head gasket. Why you selling? What you getting?

Advertisement