Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What you getting next Kami??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

SV1000 or Firestorm, yet to be decided ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

KamiKazi, are you changing your bike every 3 months?
    You always seem to be upgrading! Just get a GS and be done with it :D

Paparazzo wrote: »
    KamiKazi, are you changing your bike every 3 months?
    You always seem to be upgrading! Just get a GS and be done with it :D

GS??? Get fuuuuuuuuuuucked :D

Not just changing for a new bike, I'm leaving the country shortly :cool:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    GS??? Get fuuuuuuuuuuucked :D

Not just changing for a new bike, I'm leaving the country shortly :cool:

No excuse to sell the bike. You can:
    • Keep the bike for when you get back
    • Ship the bike over
    • Drive the bike over
    • Take it apart and post it over

Or you could get a bike where ever you're going.

• Advertisement

It's worth more here.

And I can get insured on a 'busa over there for less than I'm paying on the SV at the moment :D

Nice one. Where are you off to? You planning on getting something there?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

maameeo wrote: »
    nope no crash mushrooms but also no fairing on sides. duno if they would have helped much :/

cant believe the weather since sunday! its so nice today, would have loved this weather for my first spin :(

+1 for getting crash mushrooms, jack in the bike shop beside the cosy Chipper can order them in and would have them in fairly quick, he had mine the next day or order online.

im local to you as far as i remember im just at the artane round about, id be happy to head out for spins if your stuck for someone to join you, could meet at the esso on the malahide road.

would probable have the GF on the back seat as she loves the short spins out to malahide or howth. PM me if interested and ill send you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna buy an SV650S? :)

possibly would of had a buyer for you a week or two ago but he's after buying parts for his.

but out of curiousity, price & pic? :D

where ya off to?
    inchiuvatu wrote: »
    +1 for getting crash mushrooms, jack in the bike shop beside the cosy Chipper can order them in and would have them in fairly quick, he had mine the next day or order online.

im local to you as far as i remember im just at the artane round about, id be happy to head out for spins if your stuck for someone to join you, could meet at the esso on the malahide road.

would probable have the GF on the back seat as she loves the short spins out to malahide or howth. PM me if interested and ill send you my number.

ah no way, didnt know you were so close, how'd you know i was close >_> lol, i reveal too much online, i know, i know! :D

What they like in that bike shop, im literally the road behind them. how much did the bobbins cost?

Youre very kind, i warn you im slow and wobbly, we might convince your gf to get her own! :D:D

I'll drop ya a pm now :)

possibly would of had a buyer for you a week or two ago but he's after buying parts for his.

but out of curiousity, price & pic? :D

Most recent pic I have of her. Usually have a seat cowl on her, forget to put it back on for the pic :rolleyes:

Looking for €2100ish

IMAG0034.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sweet.... wonder what requirements are on gear - presume fully zip together?

Yeah I assume so. Textiles will do yeah, you don't need leathers do you? One of my mates told me at his track in the UK you need a full suit. I would kinda like to get leathers but I don't want a one piece and they are are pretty expensive. Anyone know where to get two piece leathers for reasonable money?

pretty sure you need leathers for the track, not sure if you need a one piece though :/

lads are going up north to have a look this weekend, let you know if they find price better up there :)

oh oh and also... i went out on my own for first time last night. just 5ish minutes down the road to the pool and back but still.

its the little things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Zascar wrote: »

I did the car track training day and couldn't speak more highly of it. I don't think you're going to beat €100 for that kind of training.

oh oh and also... i went out on my own for first time last night. just 5ish minutes down the road to the pool and back but still.

its the little things :)

Good for you, L.

I remember thinking in the beginning that I was going to be slow and wobbly for the whole first year. You'd be very surprised how quickly you'll pick things up and how quickly you become a comfortable and safe rider.

Is there anything in the world more manly that painting exhaust manifolds
    mani1.jpg
    mani2.jpg

now that is sexy!

ill be painting mine while its on the bike though lol, not the type of person who likes to take things apart :rolleyes:

now that is sexy!

Why thank you
    ill be painting mine while its on the bike though lol, not the type of person who likes to take things apart :rolleyes:

That.... will soon change :cool:

Don't make the mistake I made on my Blackbird manifold. Buy heat proof paint. I did a beautiful job and it lasted until the first time I started the bike. Then it wasn't there any more :pac:

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    Why thank you

That.... will soon change :cool:

Don't make the mistake I made on my Blackbird manifold. Buy heat proof paint. I did a beautiful job and it lasted until the first time I started the bike. Then it wasn't there any more :pac:

bahahaha!

nah i bought super dooper heat resistant black paint, thinking red would have been nice now though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nice job cantdecide, what prep and paint did you end up using?

Guys who here are brought a bike into Ireland from the uk before? What's the cheapest way of doing it?

Guys who here are brought a bike into Ireland from the uk before? What's the cheapest way of doing it?

Flight and ride back. Brought my 1400 back. What have you in mind?

Undecided as yet, I not not even sold my own bike, but at the moment I'm thinking a Ducat 749...

Get a mate to bring you on the back of his bike, look at this offer http://www.irishferries.com/ie/fares-offers-britain-from-ireland.asp

€36 per bike, plus petrol. Sorted.

bf fixed his bike and if gone on a spin... im home with the little one :( not fair!

nice, kamikazi...do it!

nice, kamikazi...do it!

I will as soon as I sell the SV ;)

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2267864

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Are you sure?
    Lovely engine but I have heard a lot of storys about the rotary damper spitting people off and cracking frames.

Advertisement