Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Not sure, guess I'll find out :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Got sale agreed on my bike just now - wohoo!!! Got more or less the money I wanted for it, so I'm happy! :D Will be very sad to see her go, but can't wait to have something new!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Zascar wrote: »
    Got sale agreed on my bike just now - wohoo!!! Got more or less the money I wanted for it, so I'm happy! :D Will be very sad to see her go, but can't wait to have something new!

congrats!

roll on new bike :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Great news Colly. You still going for the VFR? Or has the 749 taken your fancy?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Naa I decided against the VFR - so it's 749 all the way!! Found a lovely one and I'm hopefully going to pick it up tomorrow! So excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Fecker! I am green with envy! :D

Just bought myself this on ebay, picking it up at the weekend :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250858389316&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Nice One! Wear Well! Firestorms are animal bikes!

Nice One! Wear Well! Firestorms are animal bikes!

Yea test rode on at the weekend, nice little power increase from the SV. Wasn't scary fast but did pull hard to 140MPH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Passed my RoSPA for the third time yesterday.

Delighted with the Silver (3rd one) but I'm going to put in a bit more effort for a couple of months and re apply to try to get the Gold. Am good enough (that's the spirit :rolleyes:), but I need to shake some of the silly untidy bits n pieces that keep stopping me getting the Gold.

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Just bought myself this on ebay, picking it up at the weekend :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250858389316&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

awesome! congrats :D

Roll on Saturday morning when I get to pick her up :D The girlfriend is only thrilled to drive me three hours each way to pick her up LMAO

Found a cool site here: http://aquaprint.ie these guys can cover all sorts of stuff in carbon & other stuff too - check out their bikes gallery: http://aquaprint.ie/gallery_n/Bikes/index.html

My new bike has an open clutch cover and it rattles bike a box of hammers. I think I'm going to put the original back on so its not quite as deafening - but the original one is plain metal and would not look as good - coincidentally on their side they have a pic of a Ducati clutch cover which they did and it looks really good! I emailed them for a price.

Found a cool site here: http://aquaprint.ie these guys can cover all sorts of stuff in carbon & other stuff too - check out their bikes gallery: http://aquaprint.ie/gallery_n/Bikes/index.html

My new bike has an open clutch cover and it rattles bike a box of hammers. I think I'm going to put the original back on so its not quite as deafening - but the original one is plain metal and would not look as good - coincidentally on their side they have a pic of a Ducati clutch cover which they did and it looks really good! I emailed them for a price.

The dry clutch rattle is trademark Ducati!

Thinking about installing one on my Firestorm actually.

:pac:

Ah yeah I know it is and the pureists love it, but its very verry rattly as you can see here. I love the exhaust though, sounds amazing! The clutch cover is very simple to fit so I'll swap it over and see what it sounds like. If it's 'too quiet' - a fully carbon one I think will be somewhere in between noise wise I'm told.

Fvcking hell, that is loud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

lad here in work with a 1098 streetfighter, with an open clutch basket - some racket out of it driving through the courtyard alright!

The thing attracts enough attention as it is! People expect a loud exhaust and are wowed by the thunderous roar, but they don't quite get the rattle, especially when its that sharp and loud!

yep, sounds like someone trying to open a toolbox full of spanners with a jackhammer :P

They came back with a price of €40 -seems pretty reasonable!

• Advertisement

They came back with a price of €40 -seems pretty reasonable!

That's not bad at all, might look into getting replacement covers for the 'storm when I get her :cool:

going on my big bike trip to wexford today, staying over then back home tomorrow. so excited! weather, please stay clear... pleeeeease!!!

Enjoy! Stay off the motorways you'll enjoy it more, the n11 is boring!

Enjoy! Stay off the motorways you'll enjoy it more, the n11 is boring!

Herself is at a work do tomorrow evening so I get to go play on some nice twisties with another Firestorm and a few 'blades.

Looks like it'll be another 20+ degree day here too :cool:

Ha, apparently foot long flames shoot out my exhausts on the overrun :D

Lads behind me last night said I was lighting up the whole place every time I rolled off :pac:

And had the lad in front of me lowside his month old Fireblade into a field :eek:

/wince

hope he's alright, and that its just his pride that took the brunt!

Wossack wrote: »
    /wince

hope he's alright, and that its just his pride that took the brunt!

Ah he was grand, was only doing 30-40 MPH.

Drove to work all by myself today! :D proud :D

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    Drove to work all by myself today! :D proud :D

nice wan!

drove to work the other day, but got luas home... bike wouldnt start :(

Its in the shop now eating into my booze fund

Advertisement