Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Bumpity bump..
    Any plans for 2012 folks?
    I started her up today for the first time in the new year so I suppose my biking year starts tomorrow!

I'm planning my first trip abroad in April. Also coming to the end of my restriction period in November. Could be a great year!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good idea for a bump! I sold my car a few weeks ago so for the next while my bike is my only means of transport and I'm loving it. I had put her away since about November but I've been out every day of the last few weeks. Really want to get a few proper spins going - I think we should get a weekly rideout going, who's on for that?

Fair play on the trip abroad, I say deffo go for it! I did it last year and it was a fantastic experience. Not sure if I'm going to be able to do it again this year, I think I'm going to take about a week to do a 'round Ireland' trip and go ride all the best roads in the country. Hoping to get across to the Isle of Man for the TT again but I'll have to see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Zascar wrote: »
    Really want to get a few proper spins going - I think we should get a weekly rideout going, who's on for that?
    I would be but I'm based in the North-West and not available at weekends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Any plans for 2012 folks?

Plans for 2012? I've given up the smokes, taken up boxing, cycling, running and weights. There's a few people who f**ked me over last year who are gonna get theirs!!!! :mad:

On the biking end, I want to strip and rebuild mine, giving her a lick of paint in the process.

Yep, it's gonna be a great year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Taking the 'storm out in Snetterton this Sunday :)

BSB in Oulton Park in May, and BSB in Snetterton too probably.

Might even manage to get over to BSB in Assen :)

Also would like to get back over to Ireland on the bike at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I'd love to get a few decent spins in. Not biking that long, so once the days get a bit longer and warmer I'm hoping to extend my rides a bit.

KamiKazi wrote: »

Best of luck shifting that chief. Ah yes, a track bike! Way to go!!! :D

So my insurance company wanted over £1500 to insure me on the blade (insurance was only £700 on the storm WTF) so started the usual ringing around.

Best quote was with MCE for £880, and I get discount vouchers for Pirelli tyres and free VIP passes to all BSB events (get laps on the back with some of the riders, get to go in the safety car etc.).

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

For your viewing pleasure (and hopefully not a repost)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Anyone interested in joining a road race "fantasy league"?

http://mcn.fantasyleague.com/

Anyone interested in joining a road race "fantasy league"?

http://mcn.fantasyleague.com/

Already in a few private leagues, make a boards league and I'll join

Feckin league hoor!!! PMSL!

Feckin league hoor!!! PMSL!

On yer bike!

On yer bike!

I wish! :(

PMSL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Done!

Anyone wants to join; it's completely free.
    I know I don't do much in work anyway, and a free FZ8 would be nice!

http://mcn.fantasyleague.com

Boards.ie League PIN: 4724

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Likewise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

FCUKIN' SICK about the fact I can't ride my bike at the moment! Stoopid good weather...

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    FCUKIN' SICK about the fact I can't ride my bike at the moment! Stoopid good weather...

Aw mate, don't diss the good weather, we don't get it often enough! Have to say - I'm enjoying my commute a bit more these days! LOL

I'm enjoying my commute a bit more these days! LOL

Rub it in, why dontcha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Over 2 weeks later my K&N air filter arrived.

Got to put the bus back together after a service - oil+filter, sparks, coolant, airfilter.

Heading off on a bike trip to Spain on Thurs for 10 days with some friends and my bike is 12 years old so did a service for peace of mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Enjoy Kaimera....plenty of pics for us.

Rub it in, why dontcha:D

LOL - sorry, wasn't my intention. :D
    kaimera wrote: »
    Over 2 weeks later my K&N air filter arrived.

Got to put the bus back together after a service - oil+filter, sparks, coolant, airfilter.

Heading off on a bike trip to Spain on Thurs for 10 days with some friends and my bike is 12 years old so did a service for peace of mind :)

Good man, that's the way. Fair play. Yeah like Wonda said, get plenty of pics for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Will do!

Passed by multiple wolf packs out enjoying the fine evening. As far as I'm concerned, anyone with a functional bike is a JERK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Passed by multiple wolf packs out enjoying the fine evening. As far as I'm concerned, anyone with a functional bike is a JERK!!!

I feel your pain ted. I got out on the bike today, after bringing her home from the shop, for the first time in 5 months after an accident back in April. Felt so good. Have you much longer left off it?

I feel your pain ted. I got out on the bike today, after bringing her home from the shop, for the first time in 5 months after an accident back in April. Felt so good. Have you much longer left off it?

Mine was in May but I've actually got the go-ahead from the surgeon about 3 weeks ago. My problem is the GSX14 has been off the road since before I left for New Zealand needing a full set of consumables and would need every penny I have to put back on the road. Then there's liquidating the family business and you can see where this is going...

I have a wiring loom sourced for my project VT500E and if it works out, I could probably get it back together as a daily driver. That's my best bet at this stage.

Delighted you're back on the road. Your timing was excellent with the weather. How's the body?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Mine was in May but I've actually got the go-ahead from the surgeon about 3 weeks ago. My problem is the GSX14 has been off the road since before I left for New Zealand needing a full set of consumables and would need every penny I have to put back on the road. Then there's liquidating the family business and you can see where this is going...

I have a wiring loom sourced for my project VT500E and if it works out, I could probably get it back together as a daily driver. That's my best bet at this stage.

Delighted you're back on the road. Your timing was excellent with the weather. How's the body?

Ah yeah I see what you mean. To be honest only I got the money for the new bike sorted through my solicitor (the rest will go through my personal injuries claim down the line) I'd probably be looking at a break from biking as mine was a write-off and my other bike is in the middle of a make-over and will take a bit of money to get back on the road.

Fingers crossed you get her sorted soon.

Yeah we're hoping to go on a good long spin this weekend so hopefully we'll get some fine weather for a nice spin down the coast.

Body not great, MRI last week and back to the orthopaedic guy next week. Surgery could be on the cards but if it sorts out the problems I'm having I don't really mind. What about you?

Advertisement