Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've been slowly improving since my surgery in May. There was a lot of muscle deterioration because it took two weeks to get to a proper hospital so it's been nothing but physio since I got home. The orthopaedic surgeon said the bones have healed now and I've gone from not being able to lift my right arm to at all to being at 60/ 70% strength with an acceptable level of pain even if I can only sleep on my left side. I don't have too much to complain about considering I came from nearly losing my arm at the shoulder:o

I'm surprised your problems are ongoing. Are you in a lot of pain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

cantdecide wrote: »
    I've been slowly improving since my surgery in May. There was a lot of muscle deterioration because it took two weeks to get to a proper hospital so it's been nothing but physio since I got home. The orthopaedic surgeon said the bones have healed now and I've gone from not being able to lift my right arm to at all to being at 60/ 70% strength with an acceptable level of pain even if I can only sleep on my left side. I don't have too much to complain about considering I came from nearly losing my arm at the shoulder:o

I'm surprised your problems are ongoing. Are you in a lot of pain?

The muscle deterioration is crazy, isn't it?! I'm finding the lack of sleep and discomfort when asleep the worst part so it must be terrible for you with such a serious upper body injury.

Yeah, still in a lot of pain and my foot and leg (to about half way up my shin) swells everyday to about 2-3 times it's size, sometimes worse. The physio, the ortho and my G.P. have all said it's unusual and they think surgery will be the only way to have a look around and see what's causing the problem.

Unfortunately my G.P. has always thought that WRH took my cast off too early (they were worried the fracture blisters would get infected, which happened anyway) so that may have lead to these problems, so it's a bummer to think it could've possibly been prevented. I'm just hopeful that they can figure out what's wrong and fix it, rather than have an unexplained ongoing problem.

The sleep thing is funny. I literally don't move overnight any more! I've been able to sit back into chairs for a few weeks!
    ...it's a bummer to think it could've possibly been prevented. I'm just hopeful that they can figure out what's wrong and fix it, rather than have an unexplained ongoing problem.

Jebus, that's rough. I feel lucky I know I'm on the right road but I know what it's like to have that uncertainty. I would encourage you to try to not think about the what-ifs and just focus on the best recovery you can make. The body is an amazing thing so just do whatever you can do sort itself out.

The sleep thing is funny. I literally don't move overnight any more! I've been able to sit back into chairs for a few weeks!

Jebus, that's rough. I feel lucky I know I'm on the right road but I know what it's like to have that uncertainty. I would encourage you to try to not think about the what-ifs and just focus on the best recovery you can make. The body is an amazing thing so just do whatever you can do sort itself out.

Yeah I'm glad I'm young, I'm 25. I know a lad that had a similar accident and he's twice my age and he's having an absolute nightmare with recovery so hopefully my bones and whatnot can bounce back a bit better.

Got a second hand loom locally at the weekend. Fitted it and got the VT500 started last night. YAY:D Going to drive on mad and get her running as a daily ASAP!

• Advertisement

...got the VT500 started last night. YAY:D Going to drive on mad and get her running as a daily ASAP!

Scratch that. Booked the 1400 for a service, tyres and headstock bearings. Insurance goes on her on Monday and we'll be finally reunited mid week!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay my fazer made it back to Ireland!

she's leaking oil and coolant, needs a back tyre after the miles upon miles of motorway driving but she's back!

Only had my clutch cable fail...in Gibraltar of all places. fml. 2 strands holding it together.

More on the trip later

https://picasaweb.google.com/kaimera/BikeTrip2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCNmfwpLAnqHQOA

Trip pics.

Details may be a bit fuzzy but here goes:

Ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg.
    Stopped in Laval for the night.
    Drove to Andorra - took the mad road that loops around and around up the mountain into Andorra.
    Overnight Andorra.
    Bike shops and **** in Andorra.
    Next stop Gandia in Spain.
    On to Malaga via the A-7000 - amazing.
    Down to Ceuta in Morocco.
    Back to Gibraltar.
    Off to Faro.
    Up to Biarritz
    Stopped outside Rennes
    Cherbourg.
    Rosslare

http://goo.gl/maps/mKpZC

One or two intermediate stops missing. Like a repsol hotel somewhere.

Like I said, a bit rough I think but the general idea. Hit those places anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Currently on the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin, goddamn these things are boring.

Good news is the blade didn't miss a beat on the 250 mile trip to the port, and sounded AWESOME going through the tunnels along the A55 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

package finally arrived from demontweaks - only took a month :o operation zx6 is back on :)
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Currently on the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin, goddamn these things are boring.

Good news is the blade didn't miss a beat on the 250 mile trip to the port, and sounded AWESOME going through the tunnels along the A55 :D

nice! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »

You should have taken the A5 through North Wales - great road!

I'm back!!

Got the 1400 insured yesterday and took her up to town to get her serviced and pair of new shoes to show her I loves her!!

P.C. wrote: »
    You should have taken the A5 through North Wales - great road!

Might take it on the way back!

had to leave the fzs down home to get looked at.

oil & coolant leak since my trip. possibly the head gasket, a seal somewhere maybe, idk hence having a guy to look her over.

worst case, I ****ed it all over by driving on it! new engine in that case!

also have a set of race setup braided lines that need to be put on her (she has braided lines atm but they be poor)

also might get the uncle to take the tank and rear fairing and touch them up some. maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Anyone know if Raheny still do bike test?

heres a picture so my post doesnt get ignored :pac:

Sexy%2BGirl%2BOn%2BSport%2BMotorcycle4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

maameeo wrote: »
    Anyone know if Raheny still do bike test?

heres a picture so my post doesnt get ignored :pac:

Sexy%2BGirl%2BOn%2BSport%2BMotorcycle4.jpg

Nice picture. Pity I couldn't take my eyes off it to read the post's text ;):P

Last April I bought a beautiful and speccie Busa for €3100. Spent loads on really getting it just right but sold it in September for €2,750 before heading to NZ. Around January (iirc) I spotted it at a dealer for €3,400 ish and lookie what I found in Tallaght Superbikes for €4,350!!!

I knew I shoulda kept it. Another few years at that kind of inflation and I could have retired!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

The Don wrote: »
    Nice picture. Pity I couldn't take my eyes off it to read the post's text ;):P

grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Finally got the (full) licence back today. Was gone 'cause I was getting the bike added to it. Despite passing my test over two months ago, the restriction starts from when the licence was issued, i.e. last week. Slightly annoyed if I'm honest, but what can you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Important to send it off the day you pass!
    My restriction ended last Friday :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mines up in three weeks!

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Mines up in three weeks!

Mines up in 9 days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So we're mid way through season five of Sons of Anarchy, and I'm a huge fan of the son.. But, SOA hoodies with the back patch in public ~ I cringe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just about to start watching it now...have them all D/L, cant wait to get stuck in.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just about to start watching it now...have them all D/L, cant wait to get stuck in.

You're an SOA virgin?.. I wish I was one so I could do it all again :D

I absolutely love the show.

So we're mid way through season five of Sons of Anarchy, and I'm a huge fan of the son.. But, SOA hoodies with the back patch in public ~ I cringe..

But... you can't beat the leather vests with the SOA back patch though, real hard men :P

Season 5 is pretty good so far, lots going on so can't wait to see how the season ends. Think there's only two seasons left then.

But... you can't beat the leather vests with the SOA back patch though, real hard men :P

Season 5 is pretty good so far, lots going on so can't wait to see how the season ends. Think there's only two seasons left then.

Thankfully I haven't seen any leather cuts, just the hoodies.

There is two more season's after this one... I just wish I could forget the Irish episodes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LOL, When I said I am only starting I meant the new season....I have watched all the others seasons. Shame about the actor Johnny Lewis that apparently killed his landlady and himself.....guess the fame got to him or some ****.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/27/showbiz/hollywood-murder-mystery/index.html

Poor ol' Half Sack, but I think he had a lot of problems in the run up to that.

He was good for the show and I was looking forward to seeing him get his patch from the club.. I guess things weren't good enough back then for him.

The club hasn't had a decent prospect since.

• Advertisement

Thankfully I haven't seen any leather cuts, just the hoodies.

There is two more season's after this one... I just wish I could forget the Irish episodes :(

Me too. That season nearly turned me off the show altogether. You'd swear there wasn't a single Irish actor in the whole world that they could've employed, those accents were absolutely dreadful!

Advertisement