Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not paying rent?????

Options
  • 01-06-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

a friend of mine told me of his plan to get free rent last night, he is going to move in somewhere pay his deposit and first months rent and then just not pay anything for the next 5 months and then do a runer!:eek:
    ive told him hes crazy and will end up kicked out on the street or end up in court and a conviction, but hes convinced he an get away with it and that the law is on his side, all he has to do is ignore phone calls, eviction letters and summons to court and then leave,hes planning to go to oz in 6 months time
    do any of ye know what will happen to him? i think hes lost his mind but im going to try and convince him again that he dose not want to go down this road so need some facts.
    hes actually looking at really nice expensive houses since in his own words "if im getting a free house might aswell make it a nice big one"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Legality aside, he's clearly completely lacking in empathy, are you sure you want him as a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

im wondering that also!
    he seems to think that he isnt doing anything wrong, but i think if he knows the facts he wont go thur with this plan

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

you are obviously planning on doing this yourself. i see on another post you are asking about renting in oz for you and your child. what a coinsidence. your "friend" is going to oz also.

you clearly have no morals.
    what a great role model you are for your child.

i would hope than nobody will give this person any advise on this issue.

im going to oz for 2 or 3 weeks as a holiday in march, i have a child so cannot even get a work visa. about 80% of my friends are over in oz and my friend that has his "plan" is moving there to work in december
    u've some nerve:mad:

and i own a house so i dont rent

your "friend" sounds like such a lovely person.
    the phrase, judging people by the company they keep, springs to mind.

• Advertisement

kdowling wrote: »
    your "friend" sounds like such a lovely person.
    the phrase, judging people by the company they keep, springs to mind.

thanks for your help:rolleyes:
    well i am trying to get him to see sense and was shocked when i heard, just because im friends with someone dosent mean i agree with everything they do and i would never do what hes planning, what a stupid logic!!

annacanna wrote: »
    just because im friends with someone dosent mean i agree with everything they do and i would never do what hes planning, what a stupid logic!!

your "friend" is vermon. he doesn't give a sh1t about who he is screwing over. your "friend" doesn't care if the landlord is in negative equity and struggling to pay the bills. you are aware of this and you still decide to remain friends so it does reflect badly on you.

most decent people would choose not to associate themselves with people of this mindset.

if in fact it is you yourself, think about who you are screwing over and the circumstances that they may be in and put yourself in the same situation and see if you would like it done to you.

kdowling wrote: »
    your "friend" is vermon. he doesn't give a sh1t about who he is screwing over. your "friend" doesn't care if the landlord is in negative equity and struggling to pay the bills. you are aware of this and you still decide to remain friends so it does reflect badly on you.

most decent people would choose not to associate themselves with people of this mindset.

if in fact it is you yourself, think about who you are screwing over and the circumstances that they may be in and put yourself in the same situation and see if you would like it done to you.

ITS NOT ME!!
    he hasnt done it, hes planing to and im trying to convince him not to, and i am thinking of the person he will be screwing over.

all im doing is asking people who know about this kind of stuff all the things that will happen to him if he goes ahead, eg. a conviction could stop him getting his work visa etc. i just want him to wake up
    i havent done anything here, i would never become a landlord if this is what happens some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianb10

annacanna wrote: »
    a friend of mine told me of his plan to get free rent last night, he is going to move in somewhere pay his deposit and first months rent and then just not pay anything for the next 5 months and then do a runer!:eek:
    ive told him hes crazy and will end up kicked out on the street or end up in court and a conviction, but hes convinced he an get away with it and that the law is on his side, all he has to do is ignore phone calls, eviction letters and summons to court and then leave,hes planning to go to oz in 6 months time
    do any of ye know what will happen to him? i think hes lost his mind but im going to try and convince him again that he dose not want to go down this road so need some facts.
    hes actually looking at really nice expensive houses since in his own words "if im getting a free house might aswell make it a nice big one"

people like you make me sick. :mad:
    if you do decide to go ahead with this plan i hope you get your just deserts

there is no point in me even replying, ive requested for this thread to be locked as i really feel that i will just be attacked by every landlord that has being wronged

it is not me that plans to do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If they gets a good landlord, they may get to stay there for a bi.

But I hope he gets a scumbag landlord who evicts him, changes the locks, dumps your friends stuff, and screws your friend over.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Someone close to me was on the receiving end of something like this while renting out their house.They couldn't deal with the tenant properly at the time as they were recuperating from major surgery.It made big stress on top of the illness,along with the 6 months of rent lost while not being able to work at the same time.

You just never know what the landlord might be going through.Hope your prick of a friend gets eaten by dingos in OZ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement