Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English P1(HL)

• 01-06-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Have a few questions on paper 1,find it nearly impossible to study or it :/

1. Is it ok just to know a speech/personal essays for the essay part (bad at short storys)

2. My class hasn't really done much on paper 1,any sites that are good for examples of letters/radio talks etc ? - haven't done before.

Think this is a paper that you just have to write for on the day really,hard to study for.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Anyone :) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Speeches always come up for the composition part, They are also often up for Question B parts.
    One thing you can learn is features of style for the last part of the comprehension. Learning them will also come in handy for speeches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Junai_Dahma

Know the layout of Question B;
    Memos/Formal Letters/Reports/Talks, etc.

For essays, I always have a few random quotes thrown in,song lyrics or whatever; they always make your writing more interesting.
    Personal essays are good, as you're writing about things in your own life/your own experiences..
    I rounded up a few childhood memories/anecdotes and practised writing them....

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Thanks for the replies :)

Would it be ok to do a speech for part B (if it comes up) and also another speech for the essay question ?

Probably wouldn't do that since I'd nearly be using the same start/ending etc but just incase you get stuck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies :)

Would it be ok to do a speech for part B (if it comes up) and also another speech for the essay question ?

Probably wouldn't do that since I'd nearly be using the same start/ending etc but just incase you get stuck ?

I don't see why not. It might be better to vary it but I don't think they can mark you down for it. If it is your strong point, then do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement