Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching MP4 files on PSP?

• 01-06-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

How do I do it? I either forgot the method or they changed it, via firmware update, since the last I bothered a few years ago. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

put the media on your usb drive and pop it into your ps3 then browse over to the relivant section on of the xmb on your ps3 and press triangle then hit "display all" and you should be able to see the folder structure and find your media files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Plug your PSP into your computer or PS3 through USB, Or insert the Memory card into your Reader.

PC: Drag and drop the .mp4 files into the 'Videos' folder on your PSP

PS3: Find the MP4 > Triangle > Copy > PSP > Video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Blikes wrote: »
    Plug your PSP into your computer or PS3 through USB, Or insert the Memory card into your Reader.

PC: Drag and drop the .mp4 files into the 'Videos' folder on your PSP

PS3: Find the MP4 > Triangle > Copy > PSP > Video

I tried that but 95% of my MP4 files just say "corrupted data" when I try to play them on my PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I tried that but 95% of my MP4 files just say "corrupted data" when I try to play them on my PSP.

Sounds like a Problem with your PSP or the copying method you're using.

Try Backing up the psp to your computer, Factory reset the thing, then put everything back on and give it a try.

(Don't forget to sync with the PSN beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I found the majority of the video files onmy PS3 won't play on my PSP.

I think the resolution has to be altered or something stupid so i gave up.

• Advertisement

Blikes wrote: »
    Sounds like a Problem with your PSP or the copying method you're using.

Try Backing up the psp to your computer, Factory reset the thing, then put everything back on and give it a try.

(Don't forget to sync with the PSN beforehand

Thanks. I tried that but still no joy. I came across this article on the net so I'll try to their methods. It's mental how something which should be so simple is a pain.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/psp_music_files_are_corrupted_data.html

(EDIT) Nope, this doesn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Did you try sony's media manager software? Think that's what it was designed for.
    Although I use drag and drop with files I create on Nero it has a psp format option.

dellWlan wrote: »
    Did you try sony's media manager software? Think that's what it was designed for.
    Although I use drag and drop with files I create on Nero it has a psp format option.

Yep, just installed it and successfully used it before I logged on. Easily the best one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cool, will keep that in mind.

Advertisement