Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid quote for electric and plumbing??

Options
  • 01-06-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hi
    We have an old cottage in meath we're renovating and are is the process of getting quotes. We've only had one come back so far and i nearly had a heart attack.

We're looking for complete wiring and plumbing of a 3 bedroom cottage, heres the breakdown
    24 double plugs, tv point, cooker point, 3 outside lights, 2 shower points, phone points and 11 hanging lights.

Complet replumbing, for washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, sink, bathroom including bath sink toilet, 10 radiators, boiler, wet room including sink and toilet. water tanks, Stove which we'll supply.

Quote came in at €28,000!!! now am i living in cloud cuckoo land or does this seem ridiculously expensive to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

That sound ott. Search around, there are plenty of unemployed sparkies and plumbers mad for work now. Look at local paper and do a bit of research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

The contractor may not have wanted to the job after looking at it so he gives a high price, to price himself out of the running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I would consider €5k elec and €10-12k plumbing about right depending on the spec for the white items

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

piperh wrote: »
    Hi
    We have an old cottage in meath we're renovating and are is the process of getting quotes. We've only had one come back so far and i nearly had a heart attack.

We're looking for complete wiring and plumbing of a 3 bedroom cottage, heres the breakdown
    24 double plugs, tv point, cooker point, 3 outside lights, 2 shower points, phone points and 11 hanging lights.

Complet replumbing, for washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, sink, bathroom including bath sink toilet, 10 radiators, boiler, wet room including sink and toilet. water tanks, Stove which we'll supply.

Quote came in at €28,000!!! now am i living in cloud cuckoo land or does this seem ridiculously expensive to anyone else?

guideline for electrics around €50 per point , double or more for shower cooker but less for telephones ect

Advertisement