Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Price Drop ? Maybe ?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Dear Eircom,
    I received a letter on the 3rd May saying that the price of my broadband package would be reduced by €9.83 because I am a loyal eircom customer. It said the reduction would be applied in a few weeks. Today I received my bill covering 28 May to 27 June and there was no reduction on it. I called 1901 and I spoke to a customer service agent at about 6.15 this evening I can give you his name if needed. It would be worth your while to listen to the call because he was quite aggressive and sarcastic. He told me that no I wasn't getting a reduction because I was a loyal customer at all but that the NG broadband regular package was being upgraded to be the same as the NG broadband advanced and therefore as the regular is cheaper then eircom could not charge me more for the advanced and that I would only get the reduction some time in the future whenever my area is upgraded. I attempted to make the point that I got a letter which said nothing about that simply that I was getting a price drop in a few weeks. There was nothing in the letter to state that the price drop is contingent on anything or that I have to wait until my area is upgraded. I tried to make the point that my issue is that I feel if I get a letter on 3rd May stating I will get a price drop in a few weeks that I feel I should be seeing that price drop on my current bill which covers the period 28 May to 27 June which is a few weeks later. He completely did not listen to me and just spoke over me, well I felt he was shouting over me but he told me he wasn' t and that he was in a room of thirty people who couldn't hear him so therefore he wasn't shouting!! Could you take on board that the letter I received which clearly is not truthful said nothing about the price drop being contingent on anything and simply said that I would get a price drop in a few weeks. I feel it is now a few weeks and that the price drop should be reflected on my current bill. COuld you also listen to the customer service call and tell me if the type of attitude given to me is how your customer service agents are trained ?
    Thanks,
    AMC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AMCCORK wrote: »
    Dear Eircom,
    I received a letter on the 3rd May saying that the price of my broadband package would be reduced by €9.83 because I am a loyal eircom customer. It said the reduction would be applied in a few weeks. Today I received my bill covering 28 May to 27 June and there was no reduction on it. I called 1901 and I spoke to a customer service agent at about 6.15 this evening I can give you his name if needed. It would be worth your while to listen to the call because he was quite aggressive and sarcastic. He told me that no I wasn't getting a reduction because I was a loyal customer at all but that the NG broadband regular package was being upgraded to be the same as the NG broadband advanced and therefore as the regular is cheaper then eircom could not charge me more for the advanced and that I would only get the reduction some time in the future whenever my area is upgraded. I attempted to make the point that I got a letter which said nothing about that simply that I was getting a price drop in a few weeks. There was nothing in the letter to state that the price drop is contingent on anything or that I have to wait until my area is upgraded. I tried to make the point that my issue is that I feel if I get a letter on 3rd May stating I will get a price drop in a few weeks that I feel I should be seeing that price drop on my current bill which covers the period 28 May to 27 June which is a few weeks later. He completely did not listen to me and just spoke over me, well I felt he was shouting over me but he told me he wasn' t and that he was in a room of thirty people who couldn't hear him so therefore he wasn't shouting!! Could you take on board that the letter I received which clearly is not truthful said nothing about the price drop being contingent on anything and simply said that I would get a price drop in a few weeks. I feel it is now a few weeks and that the price drop should be reflected on my current bill. COuld you also listen to the customer service call and tell me if the type of attitude given to me is how your customer service agents are trained ?
    Thanks,
    AMC

Hi AMCCORK,

Can you send on your details for your account and the name of the agent and I can investigate that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AMCCORK wrote: »
    Dear Eircom,
    Thanks,
    AMC

Hi AMCCORK,

Thanks for sending on your details. I will check it out and get back to you early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement