Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send an email as text

Options
  • 01-06-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to send an email, which I receive on my PC, on to my mobile phone - Nokia 5800 expressmusic - as a text message?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

shortlegs wrote: »
    Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to send an email, which I receive on my PC, on to my mobile phone - Nokia 5800 expressmusic - as a text message?

Thank you.

Not really sure what you're asking here, texts are limited to a certain number of characters. You could copy the main text of the email and send it as a web text to your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

thanks Pog

the mobile is a business phone, so I probably don't have webtext.

The laptop is mine, so when I get emails from the office to my computer,while I'm on the road, it would be great to send them to the mobile, when I get home - even with a bit of hassle with software & cables.

It would save having to print them off and carry around.

All networks other than tesco have web texts, even on business accounts. You get a few hundred free every month

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Captain,

Would there be charges incurred by the sender?

It would be the way to go, I suppose, if I set up ANOTHER email address for the mobile.
    Would there be a problem with reading some emails, spreadsheets, etc?

• Advertisement

shortlegs wrote: »
    Thanks Captain,

Would there be charges incurred by the sender?

It would be the way to go, I suppose, if I set up ANOTHER email address for the mobile.
    Would there be a problem with reading some emails, spreadsheets, etc?

No, emails are free, although they'll use data to recieve them when you're out and about, you can buy a data addon package from your phone provider for about a tenner a month.

To view spreadsheets etc, you're probably going to need a proper smartphone, the screen is bigger for a start.

If you go with an Android phone (Google's operating system for phones), everything on your phone gets tied to your Gmail (Google email account), then you can then share documents, spreadsheets, drawings, presentations, calendars. etc through Google Docs and Google calendar they'll sync to the phone.

thank you all for the info.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you're on meteor send to number@mms.mymeteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Unsurprisingly, as they're the same network, but:

number@mms.mymeteor.ie will reach eMobile subscribers too.

Advertisement