Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone not sending/receiving text messages at the time they're sent.

Options
  • 01-06-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭

I bought a LG Town phone in January of this year and didn't really have any problems with it up until a few weeks ago. When it's receiving a text message the screen will light up for a few seconds before the message comes through and it beeps. Recently, however, it has started to light up as if it's about to receive a message and then goes back to normal and I get no alert. Once or twice when I checked my inbox the message was there but the vast majority of times it isn't. Sometimes it comes through eventually, usually within an hour after it's been sent but not always. Even more recently still, it seems to be failing to deliver messages. I sent one on Sunday afternoon and it was only received by my friend thirty minutes ago! It's annoying when I'm expecting a text but the fact that it could have failed to receive unexpected texts as well is a little disconcerting. Has anybody any idea what could be wrong? Is it an issue with the phone itself or could the problem lie in the network coverage? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Advertisement