Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25mm v's 1 inch scope

Options
  • 01-06-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

What's the difference between a scope with a 1 inch tube v's a scope with a 25mm tube.

Now before anyone says it i know that 25mm is roughly an inch, but should you use a 25mm scope with 25mm rings or can you use them with 1 inch rings?

its just that 1 inch = 25.4mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

What's the difference between a scope with a 1 inch tube v's a scope with a 25mm tube.

Now before anyone says it i know that 25mm is roughly an inch, but should you use a 25mm scope with 25mm rings or can you use them with 1 inch rings?

I think they are the same, the yanks just round it off to an even figure I believe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't think it makes a difference to be honest. If you measure the internal diameter of either 25mm or 1" rings you will find they are a fraction smaller than 25mm. This is to ensure a tight grip when screwing the ring down.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The bushnell and sako rings have plastic inserts to grip the scope and they would distort before the scope would. They are a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I think you mean burris and sako

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I think there used to be 26mm German and 1" American back in the day. (I think)

Anyway, go 30mm and never look back :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement