Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any students looking for accommodation in Edinburgh?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Two of my friends and I are moving to Edinburgh in September to do Masters and we're looking for other Irish students to share a house / apartment with if anyone is interested?

We're going to look for a place to stay and thought that having 5 or 6 people together would be good craic and cheaper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Albain

Heaps of Irish people looking on Gumtree, good plan to put a Wanted ad in the Edinburgh section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BaaBoo

Yea, that's a good idea. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

If you're in the edinburgh Uni main campus good places to live in are marchmont, newington and bruntsfield. they're near enough to the uni and studenty.

where ever you end up DON'T go with grant management. They seem like great deals but you'll end up with damp and rats and they are awful to deal with. I mean everyone i've met seems to have a tale to tell about them

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Hi, Are you still looking for house mates? 24 year old engineering post grad student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BaaBoo

If you're in the edinburgh Uni main campus good places to live in are marchmont, newington and bruntsfield. they're near enough to the uni and studenty.

where ever you end up DON'T go with grant management. They seem like great deals but you'll end up with damp and rats and they are awful to deal with. I mean everyone i've met seems to have a tale to tell about them

We are looking at places with Grant Management, are they difficult to deal with if you pay your rent up to date and everything? Their flats look more modern than any of the others we have looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

BaaBoo wrote: »
    We are looking at places with Grant Management, are they difficult to deal with if you pay your rent up to date and everything? Their flats look more modern than any of the others we have looked at.

the problem is the after care. if there's a problem, like damp or rats, they won't help. Damp for example is easily hidden by a coat of paint but give it a month or so any you'll see it again. All i know is anyone i know that went with them regretted it. They might have changed their ways in the last few months but it sounds like russian roulette.
    I recommend the flat company, i'm with them and so far they've been good to deal with.

Advertisement