Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaq retires

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Sorry for the double post but this is one of the filthiest triple doubles of all time.

24 points
    28 rebounds
    15 blocked shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Should've retired a few years ago. Great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Didn't think I'd ever say this but I was glad to see him spend a year in the Celtic uniform even if he wasn't up to it and it all felt a bit surreal at the time.

You know I was just think about things the way the Heat and the Bulls have gone. We have to get a really top notch Center to take on those teams. No use having a guy thats just good, he has to be awesome. Superman fits the bill but I can't see it ever happening or there ever being enough money around to get that top guy. Its gotten a little silly this year with what those two teams have signed up. I suppose the Celtics really started it getting in KG and Allen at the same time but I see a trend now and I don't like it. Its reminds me of the Rockets back in the day when Jordan was top dog, they got two titles during this sabbatical with loaded teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Absolute legend. Sour ending in LA but his jersey is going in the rafters for sure. One of the greatest ever. Phenomenal during the LA threepeat. Let himself down by not always looking after his body. Immature at times, but funny as hell.

I really wish he and Kobe could have acted like adults, they could have 6 or 7 seven rings at this stage.

All in all, a legend and a giant (in every sense) of the game.

His Playoff stats from 00-02. One of those cases where the stats definitely reflected his impact.

2000...30.7ppg, 15.4rpg, 2.4bpg, 56.6% FG
    2001...30.4ppg, 15.4rpg, 2.4bpg, 55.5% FG
    2002...28.5ppg, 12.6rpg, 2.5bpg, 52.9% FG

Gonna be a LONG time before we see someone do that for an entire playoffs again...much less three years in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Kobe was right to kick him out.
    End of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Tom Fiat wrote: »
    Kobe was right to kick him out.
    End of discussion.

They were both idiots about it. They've had great careers but they would have had far better careers if they had been more unselfish or realistic about their ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've never liked Shaq.

Always found him to be a bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I've never liked Shaq.

Always found him to be a bully.

How does that vid show shaq to be any way of a bully, all that show is the ridiculous officiating that night, we've all seen shaq pull some fairly hard fouls on guys but calling him a bully is a bit much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

He was the target of more intentional fouling than just about any player in NBA history...

• Advertisement

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    He was the target of more intentional fouling than just about any player in NBA history...

I never understood the point of Hack-A-Shaq. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in Sports. Shooting 50% from the free throw line is no different than shooting 50% from the field...and you definitely don't want that. It doesn't even make sense unless the guy's shooting 43% or less, but team after team would do it. shrug2.gif

Looks like he'll now be joining the TNT studio. Shaq and Barkley together is gonna be so amusing :D

Advertisement