Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭megaten

I must give Darksiders another go since it so much like Zelda. I found it very difficult to get past the art style. Very 90's comic bookish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looking at this trailer actually encouraged me to go out and pick up the first game. Enjoying it so far (up to the first boss fight) but a few things nagging. The dodge doesnt seem to dodge far enough and i keep getting clipped by a bigger sized enemy when he attacks no matter if i dodge backwards or right or left. Aside from that im liking it alot, nice break from the FPS games. Dunno why i didnt pick it up before. Maybe cause God of War 3 came out around the same time if i recall. Love the art direction also. War and Death and many of the enemys look like they would be right at home in World of Warcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Looking at this trailer actually encouraged me to go out and pick up the first game. Enjoying it so far (up to the first boss fight) but a few things nagging. The dodge doesnt seem to dodge far enough and i keep getting clipped by a bigger sized enemy when he attacks no matter if i dodge backwards or right or left. Aside from that im liking it alot, nice break from the FPS games. Dunno why i didnt pick it up before. Maybe cause God of War 3 came out around the same time if i recall. Love the art direction also. War and Death and many of the enemys look like they would be right at home in World of Warcraft
    Dodging takes getting used to. Some of the big guys in the first dungeon, with the giant axes have 2 attacks, each is easy to spot before it happens: A big sweeping cleave that you can avoid by jumping and/or doing a flipsaw attack, and another overhead slam which you have to dash away from. Timing on dashes has to get pretty clean, after they've already comitted to the attack. Too Helpful Hint:
    You can also become temporarily immune by using a B finisher on another monster to avoid any attack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New trailer has been released. 50% old footage from the 1st, and the rest is new stuff. Looks brilliant, and really looking forward to it.

Bah! That's the same trailer as the earlier one...nevermind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Same trailer as the last one unfortunately. Its effect on my balls is the same though :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Same trailer as the last one unfortunately. Its effect on my balls is the same though :)

I did not see it the last time, so i'm happy! Can't wait for this!

New (i think) trailer released. No ingame footage, but cool none the less. Love the tagline.

What starts with War, ends in Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Nice little teaser, so bad ass!!!

Really looking forward to hearing more about it.

Even if it's just more of the same in terms of gameplay I'd be pretty happy. I really enjoyed the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I love what these guys are doing. The first was great and this looks like it's shaping up very well.

• Advertisement

New video released yesterday. The devs talking a a bit about Death, along with some new footage. This really is one of my most anticipated games in 2012.

Looks epic. I agree with you, definitely one of my most anticipated games.

It's cool hearing them talk about the different personality and direction they decided to go with to differentiate him from War. From the look of it it'll be mostly more of the same, just with a slightly new flavour.

Which is a good thing in my opinion :D

Another teaser out today. No gameplay, just a build up.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Another teaser out today. No gameplay, just a build up.

Me balls are tingling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Me balls are tingling...

Tis the season for crabs alright... :D

Game looks bloody amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New preview up on IGN.
    20-40 hours gameplay, loot (!) and the new RPG elements sound like they'll add a nice layer of depth and customisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I cannot wait for this one. Absolutely loved Darksiders (couldn't give a toss if it was derivative), and D2 looks awesome. Is there a released date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In 118 days (June 29th). But who's counting? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Mr E wrote: »
    In 118 days (June 29th). But who's counting? :o

I am now.

danthefan wrote: »
    I cannot wait for this one. Absolutely loved Darksiders (couldn't give a toss if it was derivative), and D2 looks awesome. Is there a released date yet?
    of what?

• Advertisement

Pre-Orders are active.
    This game will unlock in approximately 3 months, 3 weeks, 4 days and 1 hour

Pre-order does include Post-Launch DLC.

Still no word on European retailers for the CE though...

Darksiders-II-Collectors-Edition.jpg

*want*

*want*

Yeah it looks nice. I'd love to get my hands on the art book in particular. What do you reckon it'll cost for the CE?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Yeah it looks nice. I'd love to get my hands on the art book in particular. What do you reckon it'll cost for the CE?
    The pricing has already been set at $99 in the US, no idea of European pricing or, as I said above, retailers.

If you're interested in the art from the series then check out The Art of Darksiders. It really is one of my fave art books and is chock full of every kind of concept art you can imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Darksiders-II-Collectors-Edition.jpg

*want*

Is it me or does this look like every other CE we have seen recently ? It's like they all follow the same design template or something? It's identical to at least 3 CE's I have seen in recent memory.

Maybe this is a different thread, but the CE's in this format are an absolute rip off if you ask me. It's basically the default CE and essentially the same as ME3 and Dark Souls .... actually with dark souls they gave all that stuff for free. Same art book in the same formate and presented the same way except for different pictures.

Last good CE I remember was the Halo Reach, Fable 3, Bioshock 2 ones ... those are worthy of being called Collectors Editions.

No way are they worth 30 quid extra.... rant over sorry :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Is it me or does this look like every other CE we have seen recently ? It's like they all follow the same design template or something? It's identical to at least 3 CE's I have seen in recent memory.

Maybe this is a different thread, but the CE's in this format are an absolute rip off if you ask me. It's basically the default CE and essentially the same as ME3 and Dark Souls .... actually with dark souls they gave all that stuff for free. Same art book in the same formate and presented the same way except for different pictures.

Last good CE I remember was the Halo Reach, Fable 3, Bioshock 2 ones ... those are worthy of being called Collectors Editions.

No way are they worth 30 quid extra.... rant over sorry :(
    In terms of format I'd certainly agree, I have a bunch of those art books of a similar size albeit with different covers. It's value is also called into question when you consider the fact that all pre-orders are being upgraded to the Limited Edition which contains the Argul's Tomb DLC. So that leaves the mask, artbook and soundtrack for your extra monies. Now, whether that's worth £25 is down to you I guess. Personally, I love the art style of the game so I'd happily pay a tenner for the book. The soundtrack I don't really see as an extra since it's already been created for the game and mask, on the (pretty safe) assumption it'll be a be a big hunk of plastic, a fiver. Was the DLC not already bundled with the LE then I'd consider it better value but as it is, given that it's the only way to get the art book and the chance that the mask might look kinda cool on the shelf, I'll go for it. Assuming of course that $99 price tag converts to £65 like the current Ninja Gaiden 3 one. :)

Oh and yea, the Bioshock 2 one was pretty special alright. It was priced around a similar level if memory serves me correctly? Hell the vinyl alone was fantastic nevermind the excellent art book which was also included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I guess it's for the right reasons but booooooooo :mad:

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I guess it's for the right reasons but booooooooo :mad:
    I know, I'm delighted Vigil have more time to work on it but at the same time...booooooooo :pac:

Advertisement