Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Not too bothered by the delay. I mean, I'm dying to play it, but I'd rather wait the extra couple months and get a solid product.

There's nothing more annoying than being totally immersed in a game and then bugs just cropping up and ruining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New trailer...

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/death-smashes-it-in-darksiders-2-gameplay-trailer

(a.k.a. how short would Shadow of the Colossus have been if you'd played as Death?) :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm loving the look of Death. Playing as War was brilliant, but Death looks cooler :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just after finishing the first one again. What a game! Can't wait until 2.

Quick question on the first one, for anyone who has completed it on apocalyptic, do you get more souls/weapon exp? Must have gone through every area twice, if not thrice, but still 1/2 a level off lvl 4 on the scythe, and 1 1/2 levels off on the fist thing! Also, couldn't upgrade 3 of the wrath attacks past level 1, and didn't have enough souls to buy everything off Vulgrim...

I remember having to do some farming... (replaying certain areas over and over). Pain in the ass, but I was going for 1000 gamer score.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just after finishing the first one again. What a game! Can't wait until 2.

Quick question on the first one, for anyone who has completed it on apocalyptic, do you get more souls/weapon exp? Must have gone through every area twice, if not thrice, but still 1/2 a level off lvl 4 on the scythe, and 1 1/2 levels off on the fist thing! Also, couldn't upgrade 3 of the wrath attacks past level 1, and didn't have enough souls to buy everything off Vulgrim...

Wasn't there some kind of add on that slots into a weapon to improve the xp and soul yield you get from it? Been ages since I played it but I know I got everything maxed out. There was a room in the iron canopy that you could respawn enemies in to grind xp and souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There is an enhancement, but it's a choice between the soul harvesting or weapon exp gain... Didn't think there would be grinding, maybe they thought 3 difficulty levels, 3 weapons, 3 playthroughs... Ah well, I still have loads of time. There are a few areas that respawn, but a bit annoying, had one of those prison keepers that wouldn't go into QTE mode for me to kill him, kept spawning a few lackies for about 20 minutes, got 2 levels of yhe gauntlets out of him, and I know the place in the iron canopy.

Anyway, here's a new live action trailer (which is a complete dick-tease!):

Doing the facebook thing doesn't add much, nothing more of Death.

There is an enhancement, but it's a choice between the soul harvesting or weapon exp gain... Didn't think there would be grinding, maybe they thought 3 difficulty levels, 3 weapons, 3 playthroughs... Ah well, I still have loads of time. There are a few areas that respawn, but a bit annoying, had one of those prison keepers that wouldn't go into QTE mode for me to kill him, kept spawning a few lackies for about 20 minutes, got 2 levels of yhe gauntlets out of him, and I know the place in the iron canopy.

I had to grind a fair bit to get everything maxed and that was on the 2nd play through :s

I followed this http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=40941

New trailer released, and it still looks ****ing awesome. Love seeing both War and Samael in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm playing through the first atm, I'm enjoying it, but it's not very intuitive or kind when it comes to where you are meant to go next.

If you do 2 hours, leave it for a day, and come back, it's near impossible to remember what door you are looking for etc, as there is little or no indication.

I've been wandering certain sections over and over trying to get places

• Advertisement

Crucible Mode revealed:

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/08/06/darksiders-ii-crucible-mode-reveal

Sounds like an extension of the tutorial arenas near the start of the first game (but with good rewards).

Achievement list (story related ones are secret, so the list is safe to read).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/darksiders-2/achievements/

Mr E wrote: »
    Achievement list (story related ones are secret, so the list is safe to read).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/darksiders-2/achievements/

2 play minimum again from the looks of it unless apocalyptic is there from the start ......... sleeping dogs out the friday before it is not what i call good timing :mad:

What do you mean 'again'? I only played Darksiders once for 1k.
    Apocalyptic was available from the start. :o

What do you mean 'again'? I only played Darksiders once for 1k.
    Apocalyptic was available from the start. :o

I wimped out and played on normal on the 1st run to power up and get the armor :o

Looks like Darksiders 2 has a New Game+ too.... I wonder if it will add much to the experience (like NG+ did for Borderlands)?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-07-darksiders-2-post-game-content-detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Surprised this hasn't been bumped yet. Reviews are coming in and they have been very positive so far.

Seems it now has Diablo style loot and New Game+ with increased difficulty and improved loot. Combat looks alot faster also with blocking replaced with dodging and improved environment interaction prince of persia style!

Will definitely pick it up but not sure what platform yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well we knew the above already, that it had loot and game+

I'm just hoping hoping there is more to fighting than pressing X this time

I'm hearing the pc port is pretty bad though. Hoping it doesn't ruin it, and any major issues are fixed before i pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

does anybody know if gamestop will release this on friday

a tuesday release just seems very wrong:D

hope a gamestop store will put it out on friday theyve done that before havent they??

anyone here work in a gamestop:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably not, its a Tuesday as thats the American "new game day", would have been waiting till Friday week otherwise.

See that the embargo is up and reviews are rolling in, Good Guy THQ didnt wait till next Tuesday and go "LOL our games already shipped to you, even if its good or bad HAHAH" like so many other big publishers are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm hearing the pc port is pretty bad though. Hoping it doesn't ruin it, and any major issues are fixed before i pick it up.

It's effectively a console port running on PC for the most part.

Practically zero graphics settings to choose from. It's got a video resolution slider and that's about it. Vertical Sync option which I think is broken.

I wasn't expecting much config options so am happy with the game. For me it was either PS3 or PC and I prefer the sharper resolution on PC these days. Running at 1680x1050 and the frame-rate is excellent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    It's effectively a console port running on PC for the most part.

Practically zero graphics settings to choose from. It's got a video resolution slider and that's about it. Vertical Sync option which I think is broken.

I wasn't expecting much config options so am happy with the game. For me it was either PS3 or PC and I prefer the sharper resolution on PC these days. Running at 1680x1050 and the frame-rate is excellent

This is true, textures are of a low quality for those used to PC gaming.
    Everything runs silky smooth however, im playing @ 1920X1080 with almost 200 fps, testures are really sub par for what those with a decent PC are used to,your looking at console textures but with high resolution and high framerate which is fine for a console port..
    Gameplay is excellent however,great game so far, a lot of fun.
    Sadly you cant switch controls from keyboard to mouse and vice versa while ingame.
    With Arkham City for example you could just click a button on your preferred device and instantly the controls would change, no biggie really, im playing with a 360 pad for PC and it works great.

Video review from elder geek, one of the best in the business imo.

Tick tock... out tomorrow. :o

Any word on where is the best place to get it?

Tick tock... out tomorrow. :o

Any word on where is the best place to get it?

Bricks and mortar? HMV is likely the cheapest I would imagine, asked last week and they said 47.99

calex71 wrote: »
    Bricks and mortar? HMV is likely the cheapest I would imagine, asked last week and they said 47.99

44.99 actually... just got it there. Comes with free access to two pieces of DLC too (when they're released).

50 in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

44.99 actually... just got it there. Comes with free access to two pieces of DLC too (when they're released).

50 in Gamestop.

soooo tempting but too many games already - altho ive just remebered I have some games to trade and some credit already there!! must check reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

sweetie wrote: »
    soooo tempting but too many games already - altho ive just remebered I have some games to trade and some credit already there!! must check reviews...

I've only seen one review and IGN gave it a 7.5. Didn't think it was a great review though.

Will definitely get this when it comes down in price

On metacritic, there are 45 positive reviews (75%+) and 3 mixed reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/darksiders-ii/critic-reviews

Current meta-rating is 85%, while Darksiders (the original) had a meta-rating of 83%.
    Darksiders was flippin' brilliant, and this has a higher rating. Q.E.D. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I went into my local xtra vision to rent this, they didnt even have it to buy

wtf

Has anyone rented from an xtra vision store ?

Advertisement