Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders 2

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Patch today broke wrath potions on me, so now if I use one it has no effect

Edit: Never mind, seems if you have the Black Demise weapon equipped it will not allow you to utlise wrath potions.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

I loved the first one. I dont actually like the setting in this as much as the original. Ive also had one or two game breaking bugs. Still near the start and only got the Xbox setup in my new place last night so gonna have a real go at it this weekend

Finished this the other night, I really want a scathing rant about it but to be fair to it, it's not that bad, just not a patch on the 1st game.

The story was a little pointless, ok Deaths back story was good to know but his whole motivation mentioned over and over was that he wanted to save is brother War......
    who we knew all along was absolutely grand from the end of the 1st game.
    As for the ending
    I was hoping it would at least go a little beyond the point it ended in the first game, and give us at least some advancement in the story.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

From my experience the price of thq games always drop so quick xD Not sure if i gonna wait for it drop during christmas or get a secondhand now. I enjoy the first one very much while i can tell they really spent some effort/passion on making the game, there are too many things are copied from gow/zelda etc arpg and even a portal gun lol. I'd gladly pay for 20+euro for this but 40+euro is only for those AAA title that i cant wait to play at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It was worth every cent imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

does anybody else feel like this game is too easy? Im on Apocalyptic and havent died yet. The First one had me rage quit several times and although I didnt enjoy dying so much I find im just breezing through this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

does anybody else feel like this game is too easy? Im on Apocalyptic and havent died yet. The First one had me rage quit several times and although I didnt enjoy dying so much I find im just breezing through this one.

no, I finished the first one one easily normal and this one ive gotten stuck a few times at various bosses and currently in the third dungeon only. Maybe its the health system and extra rpg elements that is causing it (not using the best weapons, spells etc) as I have little patience for the minutae of such games usually

The Arguls Tomb dlc was released yesterday, got my code via email to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

KOTAKU: Joe Maduriera—comics artist and creative director on the Darksiders games—will be leaving dev studio Vigil Games.

link

wonder will this affect the possibility of Darksiders 3? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

just finished this 40+ hrs and everything cleared bar the last book of the dead key and the soul arbiter. Best game I've played in a while. I need a break so onto Max Payne now but itching to get stuck into skyward sword for more dungeon escapades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 theZomboid

cannot wait to play this!
    the first one was mega awesome and i'm just hoping the second lives up to the first!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally got around to finishing this tonight. Certainly enjoyed the hell out of it but I found it to be neither as cohesive nor as epic as the first game. While the ending did tie in nicely with that of the first, like calex71 said above, I was rather disappointed it didn't progress the plot in any significant way. At least we know
    humanity will be saved, which is something which wasn't resolved when War took down the Destroyer

As much as I'm pining for a third entry, judging by the sales it's not looking too good. Certainly doesn't help that Maduriera is gone either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bought it on steam at a bargain, part of the way through.

I like Death's combat moves and all, the puzzles, etc. but could honestly care less for the RPG element with the gearing up, tries to appeal to the MMO crowd (I played WoW, I was very good at my role(s), but this is a single player game ffs). The first game didn't do this, you just leveled up your sword and bought new combat moves and it let you focus on the story.
    I'm not that far in the story but the whole premise is just so 'WTF?' This game isn't going to move the plot forward, and thats a huge disappointment. I think that's going to hurt them and their chances for releasing the 3rd installment. They should have done Darksiders II later as a 'prequel' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Overheal wrote: »
    I like Death's combat moves and all, the puzzles, etc. but could honestly care less for the RPG element with the gearing up, tries to appeal to the MMO crowd (I played WoW, I was very good at my role(s), but this is a single player game ffs). The first game didn't do this, you just leveled up your sword and bought new combat moves and it let you focus on the story.
    I got more of a Diablo-esque RPG-lite vibe from it, or this, if you will. I didn't have a problem with it really but it just highlights one of the issues many had with the original Darksiders, the fact that it's simply lifting elements from other games and bolting them on rather than creating a polished formula it's comfortable with and refining it over time.
    Overheal wrote: »
    I'm not that far in the story but the whole premise is just so 'WTF?' This game isn't going to move the plot forward, and thats a huge disappointment. I think that's going to hurt them and their chances for releasing the 3rd installment. They should have done Darksiders II later as a 'prequel' thing.
    I'd tend to agree, while the first wasn't actually a massive seller, it was still successful enough to warrant a sequel but certainly not enough to allow them to piss around with games which don't really push the series forward. If we do get a third entry then one hopes we can return to War and see the other horsemen play a more prominent role in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Dragging up an old thread but seen this on sale with 75% off. Never played it myself.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/12-days-of-xmas-day-8

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Brilliant game for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wasn't sure whether or not to create a new thread. But I just popped in Darksiders II for the first time. I really enjoyed the first one but I had heard that this one was a bit of a let down. I feel that I will ultimately be disappointed though because there is unlikely to be a continuation of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wasn't sure whether or not to create a new thread. But I just popped in Darksiders II for the first time. I really enjoyed the first one but I had heard that this one was a bit of a let down. I feel that I will ultimately be disappointed though because there is unlikely to be a continuation of the series.

So much Necrothreading tonight :pac:

I played and enjoyed the first one but i just couldn't get stuck into the second, and i really don't know why. The second one has more of an open world feel with quests and such which sounds like a good thing but i actually enjoyed the linearity of the first with the focus being on the story itself. As i played 2 i was doing quests here and there and to be honest i wasn't sure why i was doing them at all or which one was the main quest. Felt like the game lacked direction and thus was uninstalled and never completed.

Also i read somewhere that the Darksiders IP was bought and those who bought play to continue the story of the four horsemen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up cheap along with a seaon pass. So far really enjoying the main game. OK its a copy of god of war but maybe thats not a bad thing. Whats the DLC like and is it very short???

Advertisement