Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with sky box recording?

• 01-06-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi i have a sky plus box for a few year now but recently whenever i try to record something while watching another channel it wont work.I can record a program but cant watch a different channel if i go to another channel the screen is just blue can somebody please tell me is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hi i have a sky plus box for a few year now but recently whenever i try to record something while watching another channel it wont work.I can record a program but cant watch a different channel if i go to another channel the screen is just blue can somebody please tell me is there a way to fix this?

Check that input 2 is connected to the box or lnb properly,it sounds like a loose cable is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FBTN

Check your signal strength. It sounds like you've lost the signal from one of your two signals. Chances are that you have a good signal on one with Lock Ok and nothing on the other.

If this is the case, swap the signal cables at the back of the box and see if the signal swaps i.e. if for example you don't have a signal on Signal 1 but have good strength on Signal 2, when you swap cables if that doesn't change it is the box.

If it does change to Signal 1 with the signal and Signal 2 dropping then the problem is at the box.

I had the same problem as you and I did a LNB power re-set which I found on another forum.

Try resetting the LNB.

Go to Services, 4, 0, 1 & press Select. This is the Installers Setup. Use Option 1 - LNB Setup. Switch OFF LNB Power Supply and 22KHz Command, and Save New Settings.

Switch off and unplug at the mains. Remove the two Dish Inputs from the digibox. Wait 5 minutes, reconnect the Dish Inputs, and power up the box again. Go back into the Installers Setup as above, and switch ON the LNB Power Supply & 22KHz Command.

Remember to Save New Setting.

Best of luck!

Btw: Apologies on dragging up an old thread but this might help someone else if the OP has already got sorted.

Advertisement