Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

• 01-06-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭

Here you go fulhamfanincork...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Any chance we could just call it the Fulham Fc/Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours thread 11/12.

A bit of respect wouldn't go amiss. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any chance we could just call it the Fulham Fc/Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours thread 11/12.

A bit of respect wouldn't go amiss. :rolleyes:
    The current title seems fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

title fixed

Well even though the thread was set up in spite. I am going to take it seriously.

Fulham have been linked with Danny Ings of Bournemouth and Jonathon Slew of Sheff Utd. Either of them would be very exciting signings and I have seen them play numerous times.

No doubt United or some other thief will rob them off us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Well even though the thread was set up in spite. I am going to take it seriously.

Fulham have been linked with Danny Ings of Bournemouth and Jonathon Slew of Sheff Utd. Either of them would be very exciting signings and I have seen them play numerous times.

Club in buying players from a feeder club shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Whats the difference in Fulham signing these guys from smaller cubs like Bournemouth and Sheff Utd snd United buying players from Fulham?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Whats the difference in Fulham signing these guys from smaller cubs like Bournemouth and Sheff Utd snd United buying players from Fulham?

It's just not right and you know it.

Anyway potential replacements for Hughes if he goes.

I'm thinking a sneaky bid for Ancelloti and when that inevitably fails, we should settle for Jol even though he failed at Ajax and Tottenham.

Hopefully stay away from O'Neill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't start.... Next thing we'll have a "The "why do other clubs steal all Sheff Utd's players and managers" thread 11/12" and "The "why do other clubs steal all Bournemouth's players and managers" thread 11/12"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Fulham with an average league attendence of about 25,000 can expect their players to be leaving.
    We at Liverpool "stole" Hodgson and Konchesky last season and ended up with the worst manager in our history and a left back who ended the season on loan in the Championship with his place taken by an 18 year old Flanagan and 17 year old Robinson. Konchesky and Hodgson cost Liverpool £7m to obtain from Fulham and a further £6m to sack Hodgson.
    Look at Wigan selling the likes of Palacios and Valencia for major money and could do the same with Rodallega, McCarthy and NZogbia.. that's the example for small clubs to follow. Unearth gems and give them playing time then sell them.
    Fulham aren't what I'd call a top 20 team, they're lucky to be in the top flight for the last 10 years when you consider clubs like Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Middlesboro, Coventry, Leicester are in the leagues below and are arguably bigger clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sheff Utd are a bigger club than Fulham maybe?

• Advertisement

It's just not right and you know it.

Why?Because you support them and you don't like it? Theres a food chain in football, everyone buys from clkubs below them and sells to those above them. Such us life.
    Anyway potential replacements for Hughes if he goes.

I'm thinking a sneaky bid for Ancelloti and when that inevitably fails, we should settle for Jol even though he failed at Ajax and Tottenham.

Hopefully stay away from O'Neill.

Ye'd be blessed to get any of those guys tbh.

Sheff Utd are a bigger club than Fulham maybe?

Maybe but they're lower down the food chain at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looks like we have a new Conno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i like fulham

Dotsey wrote: »
    Fulham with an average league attendence of about 25,000 can expect their players to be leaving.
    We at Liverpool "stole" Hodgson and Konchesky last season and ended up with the worst manager in our history and a left back who ended the season on loan in the Championship with his place taken by an 18 year old Flanagan and 17 year old Robinson. Konchesky and Hodgson cost Liverpool £7m to obtain from Fulham and a further £6m to sack Hodgson.
    Look at Wigan selling the likes of Palacios and Valencia for major money and could do the same with Rodallega, McCarthy and NZogbia.. that's the example for small clubs to follow. Unearth gems and give them playing time then sell them.
    Fulham aren't what I'd call a top 20 team, they're lucky to be in the top flight for the last 10 years when you consider clubs like Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Middlesboro, Coventry, Leicester are in the leagues below and are arguably bigger clubs.
    You did steal Hodgson and Konchesky and to cap it all off you didn't even give them a chance.

Liverpool fans were bordering on discrimination towards Roy. Because Roy is a well spoken, well educated coach coming in from a London club, ye never gave him a chance. Liverpool needed a left back and Roy bought Konchesky because he had worked with him before and knew that Konchesky was an excellent player. But just like Roy, Liverpool fans never ever gave Konch a chance. Could you perform your job well if you had 30 thousand people on your back over the slightest mistake?

Roy is a very very good manager as he has proved at Fulham and West Brom and Konch is an excellent player but Liverpool fans desperately wanted to see them fail so they would have more crap to throw at Hicks and Gillette.

Another thing that annoys me is that if Roy had spent 35 million on Andy Carroll he would have been murdered but since "king" kenny spent it it's alright.

You are comparing a league 1 team to Fulham, talk about being utterly disrespectful. We have won one European Cup and was runner up in the other one.

You are comparing a league 1 team to Fulham, talk about being utterly disrespectful. We have won one European Cup and was runner up in the other one.

Ye were a League 1/2 team for many years before Al-Fayeds millions helped ye do to many clubs what you're now crying about United and Liverpool doing to ye - raided them for their best talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

You did steal Hodgson and Konchesky and to cap it all off you didn't even give them a chance.

Liverpool fans were bordering on discrimination towards Roy. Because Roy is a well spoken, well educated coach coming in from a London club, ye never gave him a chance. Liverpool needed a left back and Roy bought Konchesky because he had worked with him before and knew that Konchesky was an excellent player. But just like Roy, Liverpool fans never ever gave Konch a chance. Could you perform your job well if you had 30 thousand people on your back over the slightest mistake?

Roy is a very very good manager as he has proved at Fulham and West Brom and Konch is an excellent player but Liverpool fans desperately wanted to see them fail so they would have more crap to throw at Hicks and Gillette.

Another thing that annoys me is that if Roy had spent 35 million on Andy Carroll he would have been murdered but since "king" kenny spent it it's alright.

Nottingham Forest have won two european cups(proper ones) so where does that leave you with your respect.

Ye were a League 1/2 team for many years before Al-Fayeds millions helped ye do to many clubs what you're now crying about United and Liverpool doing to ye - raided them for their best talents.

Go on, name the players we robbed?
    We paid West Brom a million or so for Pescholido which was a very fair price.

All I'm asking for is that bigger clubs treat smaller clubs like Fulham fairly.

And to do that no one is allowed to buy any players from ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah United paid Fulham a pittance for Smalling and Saha compared to that million for Peschisolido...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Slew looks a great talent.

If you think Fulham have been getting low prices for players then maybe you should take a look at the way they handle transfers instaed of the people paying the money. The likes of Liverpool and United aren't running a f*cking charity, of course they're going to try and get players for the best possible prices. If Fulham are mugs then thats their fault, no one elses. Most clubs manage to get very good money from United for players, I'd say in most cases they over pay for their players simply because they're United.

Anyway ye got very good money for Saha, Smalling and VDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

We, (Liverpool) gave you £3/4 million for Konchesky along with 2 of our best youth prospects in Kacaniklic and Dalle Valle... nothing fair about that at all. Roy screwed us over big time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Roy bought Konchesky because he had worked with him before and knew that Konchesky was an excellent player.

This is a joke right?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've been looking for a new favourite poster since SOTS was kicked out. I think I've found him.

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah United paid Fulham a pittance for Smalling and Saha compared to that million for Peschisolido...

United should have paid somewhere close to 20 million for Saha.

And 6 million plus add ons for Smalling is criminal. He will be better than Ferdinand in my opinion.
    Johner wrote: »
    Slew looks a great talent.
    Hopefully we sign him. I have a feeling that Fulham may have leaked the Danny Ings story in the hope of putting pressure on Sheff Utd to accept our bid for Slew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Roy is a very very good manager as he has proved at Fulham and West Brom and Konch is an excellent player but Liverpool fans desperately wanted to see them fail so they would have more crap to throw at Hicks and Gillett.

Fulham won a European Cup??? Didn't realise they were amongst the elite of Madrid, Milan, Liverpool, Munich, Ajax etc

We did give Hodgson a chance, he was shocking if given time he'd have done more damage than Souness. His tactics were outrageously bad and his press conferences even worse. Northampton Town are "formiddable opposition" give me a break. Told Pepe Reina to act more like an English keeper and alter his style, had quasi wing back Glen Johnson not allowed over the halfway line.

Konch is so good he was at Nottm Forest for 6 months, I've never seen a left back as bad as him at a top club.

Kenny sold Torres and Babel and paid for Suarez and Carroll in practically a straight swap. Carroll is 22 and has a lot of promise and that £35m is potentially a bargain. Hodgson wanted to spend £15m on Carlton Cole, he wasted £5m on Konch, £2.5m on Jones, £4.5m on Poulsen, £100k a week on Joe Cole and then has the brass neck not to do the decent thing and resign.

By the way he got Blackburn relegated, which ranks as the worst relegation in modern football history in terms of squad value. I know Brian Kidd was there for 6 months but Hodgson left them bottom 3 years after they won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

And 6 million plus add ons for Smalling is criminal. He will be better than Ferdinand in my opinion.
    Fulham chose to accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

:rolleyes:
    United Paid:
    £8 million for Smalling a good but very inexperienced player
    £2 million on a 35yr GK (which is close to retiring age)
    £12.8 million on saha which was a fair price back then

Hardly daylight robbery

Its not the bigger clubs fault your clubs owners are willing to sell

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This is a joke right?

With Fulham he was excellent. Liverpool destroyed his confidence, in my opinion that is.

With Fulham he was pacy, good going forward, solid defensivly. With Liverpool he turned into a nervous wreck because of Liverpool fans.

CSF wrote: »
    Fulham chose to accept.
    NTMK wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

£12.8 million on saha which was a fair price back then
    Saha said he'd go on strike if we didn't accept. Hardly fair, huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

All I hear is

waaaa.jpg

Cpnsidering ye sold us a complete crock, £12m was excellent business for ye.

The most widely quoted fee I've read over and over is £11m, I'm sure the initisl fee was £6m, but looking at how well Smalling is going, he'll easily fulfil all his addons such as League wins, interbational caps etc. Many eyebrows were raised when United paid so much money at the time, considering he's been playing non-League footbal a year before.

How much did ye re-imburse lowly Maidstone a year before that for buying their young star btw, considering that he'll be "better than Ferdinand" and given that you rate him as more than £11m based on an error strewn 6 months in the Fulham team?

Not uniteds problem 12.8 was more than fair with the best players fetching around 30mill at most (There are some exceptions)

Hopefully we sign him. I have a feeling that Fulham may have leaked the Danny Ings story in the hope of putting pressure on Sheff Utd to accept our bid for Slew.

And who the feck thought that when he signed for United. His transfer value represented how he had performed up to then and probably a bit high considering some of his performances. How did you know he was going to have a terrific first season for United?. Hindsight is a great thing. Im sure Chivas de Guadalajara are probably kicking themselves about Hernadez' transfer. Maybe we should start a thread about them being hard done by.

• Advertisement

Life isn't fair.

Berbatov pulled the same stunt at Spurs but we still paid £30.75 million for him, Yorke the same at Villa but we still had to pay £12m in 1999 money - probably because

(a) He's not a complete crock

(b) Unlike your lot those clubs aren't complete mugs.

United are of course goiung to try and get the best deal they can, just like every other club that every singed a player in the history of the game.

I hope you never run your own business tbh.

You should be angry with your own club if you feel they're undervaluing their own players, not at the clubs trying to sign them FFS.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/01/fulham-mark-hughes-aston-villa

We have a fighting chance of keeping him. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This thread is better than YLYL. Having a great time so far :D

8M for Smalling - a player that ye signed for 35k and only played AFAIK 8 games for ye?????????

Come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Why don't Fulham supporters protest about Al Fayed and his now declining interest in bankrolling the club? he splashed the cash back in the day but over the past few years he's been prudent - too prudent in the neverending mega bucks PL - and as sugar daddies go he's a bit crap.

No point complaining when VDS or anyone else leaves, if MAF was still throwing silly money around they'd probably stay.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    8M for Smalling - a player that ye signed for 35k and only played AFAIK 8 games for ye?????????

Come on.
    United paid 30 million for Rooney! That's the benchmark.
    Why don't Fulham supporters protest about Al Fayed and his now declining interest in bankrolling the club? he splashed the cash back in the day but over the past few years he's been prudent - too prudent in the neverending mega bucks PL - and as sugar daddies go he's a bit crap.

No point complaining when VDS or anyone else leaves, if MAF was still throwing silly money around they'd probably stay.

Why would we protest? A European final and high league places in the last 3 seasons show that you don't have to throw gazzolions at it.

And he does spend loads of money, 70% of our turnover goes on wages:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

And this is all before we mention Clint Dempsey leaving to Liverpool Villa! :pac:

No its not rooney was already establishing himself and proving to be a very good player high competition for his signature

Smalling a young inexperienced player that still needed alot of work that played 13 games with ye

rooney played 67 games with everton majority being PL games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This thread is better than YLYL. Having a great time so far :D

It's GOLD! I've to be up at 6 in the morning but think I'll get up at 5 now to catch up on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Mark Hughes is about to be appointed Aston Villa boss.

Veles wrote: »
    Whats this thread about folks?who left Fulham?:confused:
    Nobody

Yet

basically its a fulham fan complaining that bigger clubs are buying players that they bought off smaller clubs and its not fair somehow

So every player with a bit of potential should go for 30m?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

How is Rooney the benchmark? One was the most sought after prospect in English football at the time and the other had recently come from non league football and had a handful of starts for Fulham.

Also, got a link to back up Rooney costing 30m? From memory it was more like 24m.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Veles wrote: »
    Whats this thread about folks?who left Fulham?:confused:

I have no idea, but it reads in the thread as (largely) Utd fans throwing toys out of their pram over a comment or maybe comments (?) elsewhere by a Fulham fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement