Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

dfx- wrote: »
    I have no idea, but it reads in the thread as (largely) Utd fans throwing toys out of their pram over a comment or maybe comments (?) elsewhere by a Fulham fan.
    Haven't you heard? Man Utd made a bid for Danny Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

rumours on twitter that lfc are lining up a swap deal that will see konchesky return to fulham in exchange for the michael jackson statue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Michael-Jackson-statue-Fulham-Al-Fayed.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Thread of the year Liamo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

I had a restless, sleepless night because of this last night.

My last point about both United and Liverpool, because after all this is a Fulham thread for Fulham talk, is how hypocritical you fans are.

For instance Uniteds "We'll do what we want" song. How angry that makes me, it's indicative of the obnoxious, thingk ye can do anything ye want attitude United have. Well lads ye didn't do the one thing you wanted which is to win the champions league, sorry. Unfortunately I am fearing the wrath of an unhappy Fergus and am worried he'll buy all Fulhams players in retaliation :mad:

As for Liverpool, "You'll never walk alone". You'll never walk alone is it? Is it? Ye feckin robbed Roy and left him out to dry asap. Ye ruined Paul Koncheskys career. And yet you still have the audacity to sing that song. Hypocrites.

Anyway I could type a thesis on what is wrong with football but I won't as I know it won't be taken seriously, perhaps I'm too much of a forward thinker for my generation...who knows?

Anyway back to Fulham.

Twitter, reliable as ever, suggests Ancelloti is going to Villa and that Hughes is talking to mo today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've heard Hughes has left Fulham

amiable wrote: »
    I've heard Hughes has left Fulham

Off who?

Someone who works just up the road at QPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hughes will be announced in a few hours

• Advertisement

Worth lumping couple hundred on 8/15 paddy power?

Up to you mate but i can't see him going anywhere else

Worth lumping couple hundred on 8/15 paddy power?

id never put that much money on anything tbh

hughes has just stepped down from fulham

kendrick asked villa for a comment and we wheeled out the usual "avfc does not comment on speculation" line that we reserve for "you're bang on the money and we'll announce it soon"

Helix wrote: »
    hughes has just stepped down from fulham

kendrick asked villa for a comment and we wheeled out the usual "avfc does not comment on speculation" line that we reserve for "you're bang on the money and we'll announce it soon"

May I ask where you get your info?

May I ask where you get your info?

mostly matt kendrick, but there are a few really good ITKs on one of the villa sites i use. on the 20th of may one of them said hughes would step down from fulham on june 2nd and be villa manager by june 3rd

hell of a prediction

• Advertisement

mostly matt kendrick, but there are a few really good ITKs on one of the villa sites i use. on the 20th of may one of them said hughes would step down from fulham on june 2nd and be villa manager by june 3rd

hell of a prediction
    Fair enough.

Fulham are so screwed. I can see ll our best player leaving now, our ceo will probably be sacked. Ugh bad bad times.

it'll be o'neill or martinez in to replace hughes. for your club's sake i hope its the latter

although at the same time i'd like us to rape you even more and bring hangeland and dempsey over with sparky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Well lads ye didn't do the one thing you wanted which is to win the champions league, sorry.

The priority for most United fans this season was the league, so the CL was bonus territory. United still won a whole lot more than Fulham.
    Anyway I could type a thesis on what is wrong with football but I won't as I know it won't be taken seriously, perhaps I'm too much of a forward thinker for my generation...

I would say your inability to grasp simple concepts like the difference between buying and stealing, your failure to acknowledge fair value, your hypocrisy in ignoring how Fulham buy players from lower clubs just like everybody else and your unhinged theories of Ferguson wanting to ruin Fulham would be the only reasons why you aren't taken seriously. I doubt anybody disagrees that there is a lot wrong in football, but so far you have been unable to express any sensible opinion on it.

I can't think of any decent and likely candidates to replace Hughes just now. Not great timing for the club, but there never is for losing a manager that you're happy with.

it'll be o'neill or martinez in to replace hughes. for your club's sake i hope its the latter

although at the same time i'd like us to rape you even more and bring hangeland and dempsey over with sparky

Martinez, the man who nearly got Wigan relegated? I hope not.

O'Neill, a friend of the chairmen, but hopefully not.

Ugh I wouldn't be surprised if ye robbed them as well, but it'll be on your consciense when Fulham are relegated next year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

fulhamfanincork.

No team "steals" players from clubs. All players whether you like it or not are up for grabs.

Contracts mean nothing these days and there are very few players who are loyal to their team.

If you were in a reasonably paid job and another company came along and offered you the same job for better pay with much better prospects, you'd obviously take it.

Footballers are employees too and money talks unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ugh I wouldn't be surprised if ye robbed them as well, but it'll be on your consciense when Fulham are relegated next year :(

No it won't. If fulham sell these players at a price they agree upon it will not be Villa nor anyone elses fault, and if after that fulham then fail to reinvest the transfer fees on decent players resulting in delegation it will again not be villa,s fault.

Villa don't want to sell A.Young but if he joins united I won't blame them for any misfortune that befalls us.

I'd like to see fulham get Steve mcclaren but he may think he can do better (no offense)

I'd like to see fulham get Steve mcclaren but he may think he can do better (no offense)

Oh come on! You're saying the wolly with the brolly is better than Fulham! That's an incredulous statement to be making.

Anyway my choice for Fulham manger:

Quie Flores Sanchez
    Maybe a bit of Bilic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Quie Flores Sanchez
    Maybe a bit of Bilic?

Can't see him being interested, think he just signed up to do a new season of 'House'

"Are also reporting that sources at Villa Park and those close to Hughes believe he will indeed walk away from Fulham and could be manager within the next 2 weeks."

From a Fulham forum

The man knows his stuff about Fulham:

FULHAM are desperately trying to thrash out a new deal today that keeps Mark Hughes as manager – even though the Whites boss is on holiday.

Sparky’s representatives are hopeful of negotiating a lucrative new contract for the 47-year-old at Craven Cottage, and Chronicle Sport understands Aston Villa – 11/10 favourites to make Hughes their next manager – have yet to make their move, officially or unofficially.

The man who took the club to a heady eighth in the Premiership in his first season, became a free agent this week as part of his rolling contract arrangement that further muddies the waters.

But the Whites are willing to go the extra mile over a new package and avoid Europa League plans being thrown into disarray when the squad report back for early duty in just over two weeks.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/06/02/fulham-make-desperate-attempt-to-keep-aston-villa-target-mark-hughes-82029-28809154/#ixzz1O7Mjy7V4

Hughes is now 1/3 to be Villa manager.

I think you should accept he's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Robbed again fulhamfan, I'd say you're raging are you?

Carlo wouldnt have to move house

flahavaj wrote: »
    Robbed again fulhamfan, I'd say you're raging are you?

I know that is said in jest but yes I am feeling robbed. Of course you wouldn't know because when's the last time United had a manager/player stolen?
    amiable wrote: »
    I think you should accept he's gone
    Ain't over till the fat lady sings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Was it Hughes or Fulham who wanted the rolling contract in the first place?

• Advertisement

I know that is said in jest but yes I am feeling robbed. Of course you wouldn't know because when's the last time United had a manager/player stolen?

I don't think any club has ever had a player stolen in the history of football. Sure you'd never get away with it like, someone would notice that they were missing sooner or later.

Maybe in South America, they're mad hoors down there I'd say they'd be up for a bit of kidnapping in the Colombian league or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ain't over till the fat ladystatue out front sings.

:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Oh come on! You're saying the wolly with the brolly is better than Fulham! That's an incredulous statement to be making.

Anyway my choice for Fulham manger:

Quie Flores Sanchez
    Maybe a bit of Bilic?

I said he may think hes better than fulham not that I do.. Sad thing for Fulham fans is that preperation for next year could be ruined as they obviously dont have a replacement lined up if they are frantically trying to get Sparky to stay.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Was it Hughes or Fulham who wanted the rolling contract in the first place?

I do belive it was Hughes, might be mistaken though. Fulham gave into the deman because we were desperate.

I do belive it was Hughes, might be mistaken though. Fulham gave into the deman because we were desperate.

Once again proving what mugs the club are in such matters! Do you get angry with your own club at any stage or is it always everyone else who's to blame when ye lose your best talent? Seems to me ye do yourselves no favours whetsoever. You can't blame clubs recruiting talent for the smallest fee possible. Why would they want to pay more than they have to???

flahavaj wrote: »
    Once again proving what mugs the club are in such matters! Do you get angry with your own club at any stage or is it always everyone else who's to blame when ye lose your best talent? Seems to me ye do yourselves no favours whetsoever. You can't blame clubs recruiting talent for the smallest fee possible. Why would they want to pay more than they have to???

No, because we were put in that posititon because Liverpool robbed Hodgson!

If we didn't agree to Hughes demands, we wouldn't have had a manager for the start of the season!

And I notice no, United or Liverpool fan has adressed my first post this morning, because ye know I'm right.

Stolen... :rolleyes: There's that poxy word again.

The reason why Man United haven't had players "stolen" in recent times is because they have pulling power. When one top player goes, another top player replaces that player and so on. Clubs of that calibre can attract nearly any player because they can promise yearly stints in Europe/title claims.

Clubs like Newcastle/Fulham etc can't promise that at all.

Is it that hard to fathom?

If we didn't agree to Hughes demands, we wouldn't have had a manager for the start of the season!

And I notice no, United or Liverpool fan has adressed my first post this morning, because ye know I'm right.
    If you want to discuss Liverpool or Man United feel free to drop into their respective threads and discuss them.

We can arrange for your toys to be put back in your pram:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This one.........?

My last point about both United and Liverpool, because after all this is a Fulham thread for Fulham talk, is how hypocritical you fans are.

For instance Uniteds "We'll do what we want" song. How angry that makes me, it's indicative of the obnoxious, thingk ye can do anything ye want attitude United have. Well lads ye didn't do the one thing you wanted which is to win the champions league, sorry. Unfortunately I am fearing the wrath of an unhappy Fergus and am worried he'll buy all Fulhams players in retaliation :mad:

As for Liverpool, "You'll never walk alone". You'll never walk alone is it? Is it? Ye feckin robbed Roy and left him out to dry asap. Ye ruined Paul Koncheskys career. And yet you still have the audacity to sing that song. Hypocrites.

Anyway I could type a thesis on what is wrong with football but I won't as I know it won't be taken seriously, perhaps I'm too much of a forward thinker for my generation...who knows?

Anyway back to Fulham.

Twitter, reliable as ever, suggests Ancelloti is going to Villa and that Hughes is talking to mo today.

I'll address that............

wtf_blog.jpg

• Advertisement

LOL. Keep playing th Blame Game there boss. So ye lost your last manager to a bigger club so the solution is to give the next guy a a contract that means he can walk away for absolutely nothong at the end of any given season. A regular bunch of masterminds running Fulham. Probably the same crowd that thought putting a statue of a guy accused of kiddy fiddling outside the ground was a good idea.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ferguson did actually steal Berbatov. Black sack over his head at the airport.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Ferguson did actually steal Berbatov. Black sack over his head at the airport.

So that's how Man United do their transfer dealings.

"Sign on the dotted line or we'll get Evra to tea bag you"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

For instance Uniteds "We'll do what we want" song. How angry that makes me, it's indicative of the obnoxious, thingk ye can do anything ye want attitude United have. Well lads ye didn't do the one thing you wanted which is to win the champions league, sorry. Unfortunately I am fearing the wrath of an unhappy Fergus and am worried he'll buy all Fulhams players in retaliation

Anyway back to Fulham.

left out the Liverpool bit as I have no interest in talking about them.

Fergie has higher aspirations than mid-table, he wont buy all Fulhams players :pac:

Your first line leads me to think that you have been taking the piss with us all along. This whole conspiracy against Fulham when United have signed 1 player from them in the last 4 or 5 years is ridiculous and I'm a bit tired of it now.

United sing 'we do what we want' more as a sleight on the FA who have punished United unfairly on a number of occasions. Oh, and they tend to beat all the lower teams who park the bus like Fulham ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Quie Flores Sanchez

Are you for cereal? this thread is unbelievable Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That_Guy wrote: »
    So that's how Man United do their transfer dealings.

"Sign on the dotted line or we'll get Evra to tea bag you"

:pac:

Like that Simpsons episode.

"You don't love Mr. Levy, you love Alex and Malcom!"

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    left out the Liverpool bit as I have no interest in talking about them.

Fergie has higher aspirations than mid-table, he wont buy all Fulhams players :pac:

Your first line leads me to think that you have been taking the piss with us all along. This whole conspiracy against Fulham when United have signed 1 player from them in the last 4 or 5 years is ridiculous and I'm a bit tired of it now.

United sing 'we do what we want' more as a sleight on the FA who have punished United unfairly on a number of occasions. Oh, and they tend to beat all the lower teams who park the bus like Fulham ;)
    Believe what you want but I'm not taking the piss, why would I waste my time?

As for your last line, it just shows how ignorant, obnoxious, oblivious United fans are to other clubs. Fulham are unbeaten against ye in the last three years in the premier league at the cottage. Park the bus? yeah right.

YES!

2pm bulletin on Radio five reported that AV have contacted FFC to say that they are not interested in taking Mark hughes as their manager.

:D

YES!

2pm bulletin on Radio five reported that AV have contacted FFC to say that they are not interested in taking Mark hughes as their manager.

:D

thats VERY bizarre, coz hughes has been top of the list since april

ancelotti must have agreed to take it

thats VERY bizarre, coz hughes has been top of the list since april

ancelotti must have agreed to take it

Which works out for everyone because lets face it, Ancelotti is a world class manager whilst Hughes only has aspirations to be a world class manager.

i have concerns about ancelotti tbh. he'll be operating in a completely different bracket of the transfer market to the one he's used to

• Advertisement
Advertisement