Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Colm! wrote: »
    And that's taking post 3000 deservedly :L

Couldn't think of a better 3000th post. Just goes to show this thread is SO off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Arghhh I was lying in wait and I missed it!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Stupid Maths test tomorrow... D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Stupid Maths test tomorrow... D:

What's it on? I've one on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

anyone heading to the DCU/UCD opening days Friday/Saturday ... ? Think I'm heading to the UCD one Friday, have to find my own way up though cause school aren't going..

• Advertisement

just was on the UCD website there and it's only saying it's on the Saturday? :O I was sure I heard it was on the Friday too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

ray2012 wrote: »
    just was on the UCD website there and it's only saying it's on the Saturday? :O I was sure I heard it was on the Friday too ?
    No DCU is Friday and Saturday, UCD is just Saturday.

I'm heading to the UCD one, up early to get there, ROADTRIP!

No DCU is Friday and Saturday, UCD is just Saturday.

I'm heading to the UCD one, up early to get there, ROADTRIP!

Yeah, hate them BOTH on the same weekend, like come on.. Would it be possible to get to both in the same day anyone think ? Yeah, think I'm going to the DCU one but I want to go to UCD too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Colm! wrote: »
    And that's taking post 3000 deservedly :L

DAMN I MISSED IT!:mad:

Oh well, there's always 4000th :rolleyes:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    DAMN I MISSED IT!:mad:

Oh well, there's always 4000th :rolleyes:

At this rate that will be the night before we get our results :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

At this rate that will be the night before we get our results :pac:
    You obviously don't know how we love to waste our precious precious time on the interwebz. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

ray2012 wrote: »
    anyone heading to the DCU/UCD opening days Friday/Saturday ... ? Think I'm heading to the UCD one Friday, have to find my own way up though cause school aren't going..

I'll be going to the UCD one, I've only been there once before for a few minutes so it'll be nice to get a good
    look at what it's like.
    Hopefully they'll have some tours around the accommodation as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Had the weirdest dream last night but felt soooo realistic?? I was in a plane crash and was the only person to survive?? :/ bit random but do ye ever have weird dreams..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

0mega wrote: »
    I hate the feeling of going to bed feeling like you haven't done enough today.

:(

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Had the weirdest dream last night but felt soooo realistic?? I was in a plane crash and was the only person to survive?? :/ bit random but do ye ever have weird dreams..
    Yeh, one time I had such a vivid dream that I was in a train crash. Like I could feel the crash! I wouldn't be surprised if I screamed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I love that when you go to sleep have a dream and don't remember it in the morning.The like a few days later you randomly stop and go "Oh...That's what it was"! :P
    Happens me all the time :cool:

David1994 wrote: »
    I love that when you go to sleep have a dream and don't remember it in the morning.The like a few days later you randomly stop and go "Oh...That's what it was"! :P
    Happens me all the time :cool:

I hate when you dream about achieving your life dream and then you wake up feeling delighted for a few seconds before it hits you and you realise that it was all a dream. Worst feeling ever! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Yeh, one time I had such a vivid dream that I was in a train crash. Like I could feel the crash! I wouldn't be surprised if I screamed :P
    Ya one time I had jumped out of bed and was standing at the door screaming and pointing to the roof that there was spiders and my dad and sister were just like wtf and couldn't wait to tell me the next day :/ I now have the biggest phobia of spiders :(

This is a bit random, but does anyone have any tips on how to look older? I'm just turned 17 and want to go out to a local over 18s nightclub in a few weeks time. I know a lot of ye are in the same position and it will be my first time so any tips appreciated!

EDIT: Mods if this isn't acceptable you can delete it, I'm fairly sure its okay though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

This is a bit random, but does anyone have any tips on how to look older? I'm just turned 17 and want to go out to a local over 18s nightclub in a few weeks time. I know a lot of ye are in the same position and it will be my first time so any tips appreciated!

EDIT: Mods if this isn't acceptable you can delete it, I'm fairly sure its okay though

I'd help you if I could but I'm sure you wouldnt want any advice from someone who is mistaken for a 15 year old :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

David1994 wrote: »
    I'd help you if I could but I'm sure you wouldnt want any advice from someone who is mistaken for a 15 year old :L

You cant beat this, a week before my 18th birthday i was thoroughly questioned when trying to get into a 16's film at the cinema, the guy at the cinema didnt even think i was 16, let alone nearly 18 !

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭orriray59

Wow, History for the LC is goddamn tough.

And I really, really suck at Irish.

Also, (forgive me for the double post) how come whenever I log in I can't see any of your avatars? I can see them fine when I'm not logged in, but once I am, they seem to have disappeared. Meh.

Anyone help me out?

orriray59 wrote: »
    Also, (forgive me for the double post) how come whenever I log in I can't see any of your avatars? I can see them fine when I'm not logged in, but once I am, they seem to have disappeared. Meh.

Anyone help me out?

Go into your settings and there will be an option somewhere to show avatars or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

You'll need some sort of ID, doesn't matter how old you look.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Go into your settings and there will be an option somewhere to show avatars or not.

Thanks mate. Silly of me, probably should've checked there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Bitta stubble maybe? :P
    (dear please god let my guess that you're a boy be right. If not I am truly sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Wear maybe a proper shirt, not some Topman v-neck etc, leave the stubble out to grow for a bit, but at the end of the day, the more confident you appear approaching the bouncer is the key.

Bitta stubble maybe? :P
    (dear please god let my guess that you're a boy be right. If not I am truly sorry)

Yes don't worry I am a boy!

Cheers for the help lads, yep ill have I'd, the key I guess is to look confident! Fingers crossed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Yes don't worry I am a boy!

Cheers for the help lads, yep ill have I'd, the key I guess is to look confident! Fingers crossed :pac:
    Buy a refill jacket and a gangster hat, and your sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement