Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

This is a bit random, but does anyone have any tips on how to look older? I'm just turned 17 and want to go out to a local over 18s nightclub in a few weeks time. I know a lot of ye are in the same position and it will be my first time so any tips appreciated!

EDIT: Mods if this isn't acceptable you can delete it, I'm fairly sure its okay though

my main tip has to be to get into the nightclub BEFORE a load of people start heading in (at around 11:30/12 or whatever). The bouncers will more than likely let you in if you're there before the big crowd, and when nobody else other than your friends can see you getting into the nightclub, cause if they let one person into it without ID, they'd need to let everyone in. :P
    Head into the nightclub at around 11:30 . Act confident when trying to get in also, try and make them believe you're 18.. When they say ''ID?'' pretend to look in your wallet for your ID, and search desperately, and just be like ''sh*t, must have lift it at home..'' (worked for me last weekend!) :P
    Make sure you have a DOB ready to say, one where you're 18 obviously lol.

But yeah, main tip is to beat the crowd and the queues and get into it when it's almost empty! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

You cant beat this, a week before my 18th birthday i was thoroughly questioned when trying to get into a 16's film at the cinema, the guy at the cinema didnt even think i was 16, let alone nearly 18 !

When I was 17 and starting 5th year, I got asked if I was finished Primary School yet :(

And I have no tips! When I was buying vodka a week or two ago the woman told me to carry ID with me for the next ten years :P so I apparently look...eight? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

This is a bit random, but does anyone have any tips on how to look older? I'm just turned 17 and want to go out to a local over 18s nightclub in a few weeks time. I know a lot of ye are in the same position and it will be my first time so any tips appreciated!

EDIT: Mods if this isn't acceptable you can delete it, I'm fairly sure its okay though

My solution is that I don't even bother going to pubs or clubs I always just go to house parties instead always cheaper if you're drinking (€5 for a nagin sorted!) and you know most of the people there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Flabangav wrote: »
    When I was 17 and starting 5th year, I got asked if I was finished Primary School yet :(

And I have no tips! When I was buying vodka a week or two ago the woman told me to carry ID with me for the next ten years :P so I apparently look...eight? :pac:

What a bitch! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

If you are a girl thats not too bad :) But if you're a boy that would be soo bad... Sorry not sure if you are girl or boy :P I genuinely never know for definite if the poster is male or female so I am not trying to be offensive :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Does anybody know what question on the 2012 paper is the trigonometry question?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

0mega wrote: »
    What a bitch! :pac:

To be fair, I don't look 18 :P
    David1994 wrote: »
    If you are a girl thats not too bad :) But if you're a boy that would be soo bad... Sorry not sure if you are girl or boy :P I genuinely never know for definite if the poster is male or female so I am not trying to be offensive :L

I'm a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Anyone going to the UCD open day on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... so I apparently look...eight? :pac:
    Someone is gonna get his leg pulled, that's all I'm saying! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Had the weirdest dream last night but felt soooo realistic?? I was in a plane crash and was the only person to survive?? :/ bit random but do ye ever have weird dreams..
    I had the exact same dream the night before last!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Anyone going to the UCD open day on Saturday?

Well Dublin in general if that counts? I'm going to Pats and Marino :)

Anyone able to fill me in on what exactly foes on at an open day? I'm a complete open day virgin :o

Well Dublin in general if that counts? I'm going to Pats and Marino :)

Anyone able to fill me in on what exactly foes on at an open day? I'm a complete open day virgin :o

I might be going to Pats too :D

just putting a random question on there.. Do any of ye get grinds for any subject?
    I don't get any grinds and won't be either.. I personally think they're a waste of money, but I understand people who have a horrible teacher for a certain subject and if they want to do really well in that subject why they get grinds.. But some people in my class get grinds in a subject that we have a real decent teacher, and I don't see why they should need grinds. I know another lad who is getting grinds in 3/4 subjects. It's crazy IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

ray2012 wrote: »
    just putting a random question on there.. Do any of ye get grinds for any subject?
    I don't get any grinds and won't be either.. I personally think they're a waste of money, but I understand people who have a horrible teacher for a certain subject and if they want to do really well in that subject why they get grinds.. But some people in my class get grinds in a subject that we have a real decent teacher, and I don't see why they should need grinds. I know another lad who is getting grinds in 3/4 subjects. It's crazy IMO!
    I don't see the point the point either bug like i understand for maths maybe but other subjects I think you have to just sit down and learn it ?? :)

David1994 wrote: »
    I might be going to Pats too :D

See ya there :p

Really shows hoes much I've given up on English as a subject when my teache asked me a question of who said what in Macbeth and I started saying "OH YOU KNOW! YOUR MAN! ROMEO'S FRIEND" :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Tests finished, some didn't go so well. Gonna spend the evening playing FIFA! Need a break after all them tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

One day of exams down. One to go. The only thing that's getting me through is the thoughts of having no school on Friday.

What happened to all the talking everyone, barren as a f**king nun 'round here these days.

What happened to all the talking everyone, barren as a f**king nun 'round here these days.

I have never seen a bunch so enthusiastic about the LC! :pac:

• Advertisement

Major exam cramming sessions.

But from tomorrow evening/Friday I'm all yours again.

*just* 3 exams left until freedom!

Until Monday morning again :(

WOOO Free from school until Monday cause I'm going to the DCU opening day tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Finally, finished my exams! Longest week of my life. Now, for a major "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here" catch up session. :)

Exams finished. They were only a day and a half seeing as they were only an hour long each but thank the lord! Most of them went grand apart from the french reading comprehension that I completely misunderstood half of. Even my accounting balance sheet balanced, I sat there grinning away to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Why does everyone suddenly have exams?

Why does everyone suddenly have exams

We always have November exams. They used to be the week before christmas but since last year they're a week or 2 after midterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

We always have November exams. They used to be the week before christmas but since last year they're a week or 2 after midterm.

Ah, would hate that. Love that feeling of finishing exams the week before Christmas, makes the holidays better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Why does everyone suddenly have exams?

Same as bluejaymraz. We have November exams instead of Christmas, which is a pain but at the same time I can look forward to Christmas now! :)

• Advertisement

Just to get a bit of cheer going, what are we all getting for Christmas? :')

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement