Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Just to get a bit of cheer going, what are we all getting for Christmas? :')

Ahhh I was just thinking about that :D I think I'm just going to get money though. What about you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Flabangav wrote: »
    Ahhh I was just thinking about that :D I think I'm just going to get money though. What about you? :)

I'm not sure at all... I have everything I need really :p Money seems a good idea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I just bought myself a new iPod, might ask for some decent headphones for Xmas or something.

In unrelated news I made a new video for my Facebook page: Colm vs. Cáca Milis (in one minute)

Colm! wrote: »
    I just bought myself a new iPod, might ask for some decent headphones for Xmas or something.

In unrelated news I made a new video for my Facebook page: Colm vs. Cáca Milis (in one minute)

Avoid Beats. That is all

I've found a new favourite modified sraith... It's the concert one from no.2 :D Very entertaining have to say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am going to an 18th tomorrow night and was contemplating going to St.Pats open day the next day. Don't think thats going to happen if I have to get up at like 6:30 :P :L

• Advertisement

Avoid Beats. That is all
    Ah but of course, got my eye on a nice pair of Sennheisers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

so persuaded to buy the new COD from watching all the videos online... but I know if i buy it, my homework/study (how ever much I do) will suffer.... I've a feeling I'm gonna give in and buy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Cant decide whether to get an amazon kindle or not, the instant access to books is really appealing but then again, its just not the same as a real book :(

Ah it's the same as an MP3 player vs. a CD. Sure, CDs are nicer, but I listen to a lot more music and can in a lot more places by having an MP3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Hopefully a new iPod, the one that I'm currently using is one of the old 2nd gen ones so it's really pushing on now! A certain part of the screen doesn't respond to touch, it crashes every 5 minutes, can't handle any taxing applications and has had a trip down the toilet on top of being dropped more times than I could count, so I suppose it's certainly served me well but I think it's time to retire the old girl to some nice farm out in the country ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BroBeans353

Haven't done much work all week, I've been waiting for Saturday for ages its going to be my first time getting locked in 3 months, Naggin and 6 cans of Fosters shall help me get over the whole leaving cert craic, peace...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

No clue what to get for christmas :L A surprise it is so..... .

Feck it actually I might tell the 'rents I want a surprise too. They're generally good with surprises :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im such a girl, all I want are clothes, make up and shoes >.<
    Like if its soft and/or pink I want |:

I'm actually in a very christmasy mood today. 40 days to go! I think it's because the exams are usually before christmas.........

Seriously looking forward to having a lie in in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I'm actually in a very christmasy mood today. 40 days to go! I think it's because the exams are usually before christmas.........

Seriously looking forward to having a lie in in the morning.

SO NOT IN A CHRISTMAS MOOD!I still have all my Christmas exams to do :(

HoweverI decided back in June what I wanted for Christmas, an ipod (it will be my first ever ipod! :D)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    SO NOT IN A CHRISTMAS MOOD!I still have all my Christmas exams to do :(

HoweverI decided back in June what I wanted for Christmas, an ipod (it will be my first ever ipod! :D)

Wow thats a milestone, i could not have made it to sixth year without my ipod! I'm looking forward to the christmas songs on the radio, they are one of my favourite parts of christmas :D

Wow thats a milestone, i could not have made it to sixth year without my ipod! I'm looking forward to the christmas songs on the radio, they are one of my favourite parts of christmas :D
    Ah I just love christmas sings too!

Yeah I figured it would just be weird getting into college and still not having a clue about music :P , and I got sick of tired answering people's questions of "what sort of music are you into?" with " I don't really listen to music :o " Massive conversation stopper ;)

My iPod (3rd gen nano) is practically part of me now.<3

• Advertisement

I've seen the nanos, how do you not loose it, they're tiny! :p

Me too, I'd be lost with out it! i have a playlist dedicated to Christmas song, It's maybe a week early to break it out yet, but soon :D I'm that person that will still be singing christmas songs in March, they just make me feel so happy :p

My 3rd gen is bigger than the most recent ones, it's about the size of the palm of your hand and the case makes it slightly bigger aswell. I'm so attached to it I'd never lose it!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I LOVE Christmas songs! They make me feel so happy :)

I'll hopefully be getting the new iPod touch for Christmas. A word of wisdom to all you prospective buyers : I heard HMV have a deal where you can trade in your old iPod for a discount on the new one, so I'll probably do that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I have an iPod Classic now, but before that I had this one, in that attractive colour :cool:

$T2eC16J,!zoE9s5nd0hVBQUrMI6+lw~~60_35.JPG

I'm getting my 32gb iPod Touch in from the USA this Tuesday. My brother text me from the Apple store saying "Those Apple stores with their cult like employees and followers are worse than any scientology".
    Still, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than here, and my 16gb Zen has suffered a lot in the last three years; won't take any more new songs now. It served me well.

as for Christmas songs, I've resolved I'm going to try to listen through all of Sufjan Stevens' Christmas albums this year. and that guy REALLY likes Christmas.

Mine's pink even though I've never been hugely into pink. I'm not an overly girly girl. I'm more of a blue kinda gal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I've hit a brick wall with regards to study. :( Might be getting a phone for Christmas! :D

My ipods only 8GB and its full so now anytime i want to put new music on it, i have to delete some thing, and its getting really hard to decide what music to delete :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Avoid Beats. That is all.
    Colm! wrote: »
    Ah but of course, got my eye on a nice pair of Sennheisers now.
    How high up the product line are you going? HD-25-II standard or higher?
    I have a 6th gen (just a screen) but I usually carry it in a case with earphones so it is sizeable. CD for scale
    QFNem.jpg
    Might be getting a phone for Christmas! :D
    I'm hoping to get a Nexus 4 but we'll see how things go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement