Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Principal kept us back in assembly yesterday to talk about the debs :o
    At least 6 times he said "its an absolute ripoff"

How much is it usually?

usually around 50/60 euro per ticket. Last year in my school it was only 30 euro though, which is really cheap.. Majority of people who went to that grad/debs got food poisoning though.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

We got information on our debs today, just under 90 euro and an hour and a half bus ride to the venue and back. Really not sure if I wanna go now!

I've gotten some of my christmas results back... 100% in Biology, A2 in Irish (yet to do an oral so hopefully that'll bring me up), and 81 in Maths HL which was the highest in the class and B3 in English (kind of disappointed with that). So far so good! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

We got information on our debs today, just under 90 euro and an hour and a half bus ride to the venue and back. Really not sure if I wanna go now!

I've gotten some of my christmas results back... 100% in Biology, A2 in Irish (yet to do an oral so hopefully that'll bring me up), and 81 in Maths HL which was the highest in the class and B3 in English (kind of disappointed with that). So far so good! :-)

Nice work. Jealous of those. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I've got 3 results back so far. My A1 in Biology is the only result I've been happy with. Did poorly in the others and hopefully it will act as a wake up call, I haven't been doing much study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Our first instalment is €40! So I expect it to be a good bit dearer.
    Wow well done ilikepiano!! Those are amazing results!!
    And bluejaymraz - good luck tomorrow! It will go much better than you expect, especially if you have a nice examiner! I remember I thought I had failed or at least gotten a low merit (not in piano) and just gave up in my 2nd piece and then came out with 87 so even if you make mistakes or feel flustered or feel like giving up just stay calm because you will get good marks :) good luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Principal kept us back in assembly yesterday to talk about the debs :o
    At least 6 times he said "its an absolute ripoff"

How much is it usually?

I'm on our Debs committee and we're hoping to bring it in at €70 per person,which is largely in line with other years, however what I seem to notice is country schools and the ones out in you know small enough towns have cheaper debs than schools near large cities like Cork and Dublin!

I have gotten 4 results back so far, I got 91% in HL Maths :D 92% in DCG, 86% in Chemistry and 68% in English which I happy out with as I've zero intention of ever counting English regardless and consequently I didn't touch an English book in the weeks before my exam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I think the last few years our debs has been run by an external company. 85 euro a ticket in think. When is an appropriate time to ask someone? Is easter break too early if its usually on the week of the Results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Piano exam wasn't overly bad, even though I always convince myself it wasn't that good. Seriously messed up the sight singing and the intervals but at least its over :)

Our debs is €70 a ticket so a good few people are only getting the one ticket. Last years was 65 but the committee organised it themselves and it was nothing special. They"re getting Debs Ireland to do this years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Piano exam wasn't overly bad, even though I always convince myself it wasn't that good. Seriously messed up the sight singing and the intervals but at least its over :)

Our debs is €70 a ticket so a good few people are only getting the one ticket. Last years was 65 but the committee organised it themselves and it was nothing special. They"re getting Debs Ireland to do this years.

I'm sure you did great :)

Our grads last year was like 100 in total and it seems to always be the same in our school :L

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

ray2012 wrote: »
    what poets are ye doing for English.. ? trying to study Hopkins now and finding him really tough to even understand. -.-

We've done everyone except Kinsella and Rich.

Major love for Wordsworth, Mahon and Shakespeare <3

• Advertisement

Any of ye going to Maynooth on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm going on Friday, might go on Saturday too, if I have nothing better to do.

decisions wrote: »
    I'm going on Friday, might go on Saturday too, if I have nothing better to do.
    I'm guessing you live close enough for it to be worth going both days then?

Dart to town, train to NUIM. Not exactly close but I know a few people going Saturday that I haven't seen for a while.

I still have to convince someone to get the train with me........or else I'll be on my lonesome on it :( I was offered a lift by a friend but they'd have to go out of their way to collect me and I have a strange urge to get the train.......

I doubt you will be the only loner on the train. I'll be a loner going on Friday and probably going on Saturday too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Going on Saturday :)
    /Buzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

this is weird but i like reading over the 'Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions' thread and seeing if topics/questions people on here predicted came up in the real thing, or if they were completely screwed altogether. :P

Prison and the Paranormal Forums are the best when you are bored.

Prison and the Paranormal Forums are the best when you are bored.
    There's a prison forum!??

• Advertisement

I forgot about that.

When you said prison I thought you meant like actual real life prison.

I forgot about that.

When you said prison I thought you meant like actual real life prison.

:P

:P

And I thought it was just the exams that had made me lose my mind.....looks like I lost my marbles for good a long time ago.

acid_picdump_90.jpg

Weird unrelated question but has anyone gotten slightly emotionally attached to their calculator? I've had mine since first year and it started malfunctioning recently and I feel so sad at the thought of it breaking :( :L

I've had about 20 calculators, they all broke.

I've had about 20 calculators, they all broke.

Exactly see I've only ever had one, it serves me well!

Is it one of these?
    casio_fx_82es.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Weird unrelated question but has anyone gotten slightly emotionally attached to their calculator? I've had mine since first year and it started malfunctioning recently and I feel so sad at the thought of it breaking :( :L

I've had the same pencil case since the start of 6th class, after 6 years its finally starting to look its age and tear along the inside... but hoping it'll last until the end of June, when it can officially retire :D I'd actually feel terrible using a different pencil case for the rest of 6th year after all this time :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement