Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

curly135 wrote: »
    I've had the same pencil case since the start of 6th class, after 6 years its finally starting to look its age and tear along the inside... but hoping it'll last until the end of June, when it can officially retire :D I'd actually feel terrible using a different pencil case for the rest of 6th year after all this time :(

I've had the same pencil case since I was 4 :D

I know its a bit of an over reaction but I would probaly cry if I ever lost it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I really don't get you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I know its a bit of an over reaction but I would probaly cry if I ever lost it :P

Sure it's understandable, if you've had something for that long you're bound to get attached to it xD

decisions wrote: »
    I really don't get you people.

I'm just a weirdo, that's all ;)

However when it comes to calculators there is no attachment, I had 3 calculators stolen on me in 1st year, my next 1 broke, now I've had the same calculator since 2nd year but it ended up dropped on a tile floor so all the ink inside the calculator spilled inside the screen and the numbers are super faint now, I think I'll need a new one by June

Thats my random post for the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

decisions wrote: »
    Is it one of these?
    casio_fx_82es.jpg
    That's the one :) much better than the curved new ones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Going to see Des Bishop tonight! Can't wait for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Copperpipe wrote: »
    Principal kept us back in assembly today to talk about the debs :o
    At least 6 times he said "its an absolute ripoff"

How much is it usually?
    Ours is working out 70 a ticket apparently and we are meant to decide by tomorrow whether we want 1 or 2 tickets (ie. bringing someone from within the year/school or not). Loads of discussion about it over the last few days.
    Any of ye going to Maynooth on Saturday?
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Going on Saturday :)
    /Buzzzz
    I'm heading up with a friend anyway on Saturday.

Any of ye going to Maynooth on Saturday?

No................STUPID CHRISTMAS TESTS! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'm going to see Ireland vs. Argentina in Dublin this Saturday actually due to some free tickets just appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Parent teacher was this evening. Anyone else had theirs yet?

Finally got the last of our test results back aswell and I'm unbelievably amazed at my points total. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Finally got the last of our test results back aswell and I'm unbelievably amazed at my points total. :D

Yep we had ours like 2 weeks ago.

In other news my Geography teacher seems to have plucked a grade out of mid air and shlapped it down on my results sheet :L I worked out what I should have got and it was an A1. #Fairlyconfused

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Fell off my bike today and smacked my head off a path, now I finally remembered I have a history essay due tomorrow on the NICRA that I just kept putting off. It's not my day.

Is anybody else in a battle to pass honours maths? I'm barely passing by the skin of my teeth, but I need the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else find integration impossible?

I had my parent teacher meeting at the start of October. Oh and congrats on the test results :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

That's the one :) much better than the curved new ones :)

If you have had it that long it's probably the battery. Take the back off it and just buy a new battery.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Fell off my bike today and smacked my head off a path, now I finally remembered I have a history essay due tomorrow on the NICRA that I just kept putting off. It's not my day.

Is anybody else in a battle to pass honours maths? I'm barely passing by the skin of my teeth, but I need the points.

Yeah for the first time ever in our school there's still 2 HL classes in November of 6th year, but quite a few people failed their November test, the teachers want them to move down but they're insistent on staying up for the moment. I think you should weigh the advantages against the disadvantages, like the extra points are fantastic if you pass it, but it's a total disaster if you fail it because you won't be allowed into any University or College.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Unlucky. Yeah I'm hating maths at the moment. Just waiting for it all to click into place!! (Hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I don't think I'm at risk of failing maths exactly but I'm at the point of wondering whether these bonus points will even make much of an impact tbh. Also, if we're gonna get thrown sh*t like q6 on the sample paper 1 I just...I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I love maths (although I used to like it a lot more) but I am doing ok at the moment to e honest. I think nearly everyone in my class is getting grinds except me and even with that people still fail every test. The class was a lot bigger but a few dropped this year although there are still people who don't even own a book who are still in the class! I don't think I've gotten less than a b in tests so far but they are only class tests so I suppose I'll see when I start doing papers but I would be hoping for at least a b anyway. I'd say I could get an A but I don't know if I have the time to spend on it!
    For anyone struggling, keep doing questions and you'll get the hang of the same style questions. I know a girl who has gotten 0% and 9% in tests and is still in honours..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Maths takes up far too much time and effort for the required results compared to everything else, especially with 6 other higher level subjects. I'm not actually doing that badly in maths, I'm probably on of the highest in the class so I'm determined to stay if if kills me! I'm getting those bonus points damn it!

• Advertisement

I dropped Irish because we started on Paper 2 last year for maths, so I figured it'd be grand and I hated Irish, in particular my teacher. Can't really afford to be doing two pass subjects, particularly if I get a D3 in maths I'd be getting 70 points, and the only requirement for my course is an honours D3 or a pass B3.

Just hoping that the points for Computer Science stay where they are in September, that 50 point jump this year screwed over so many people.

I dropped Irish because we started on Paper 2 last year for maths, so I figured it'd be grand and I hated Irish, in particular my teacher. Can't really afford to be doing two pass subjects, particularly if I get a D3 in maths I'd be getting 70 points, and the only requirement for my course is an honours D3 or a pass B3.

Just hoping that the points for Computer Science stay where they are in September, that 50 point jump this year screwed over so many people.

it will most likely go up by about 35 points average max IMO. Depends on where you are doing it too. Most places you need a C3 in maths and I thought that was for every course across the board

I don't imagine it going up by 50 points in one year again, last year was an exceptional mixture of rising interest in Computer Science itself and the 25 points for HL Maths, I'd say a 25 point rise max!

it will most likely go up by about 35 points average max IMO. Depends on where you are doing it too. Most places you need a C3 in maths and I thought that was for every course across the board

UCD only requires a D3. DIT only requires a C3 in Ordinary and a D3 in Honours.

Computer Science and a Language shot up to 490 this year in Trinity. Madness.

UCD only requires a D3. DIT only requires a C3 in Ordinary and a D3 in Honours.

Computer Science and a Language shot up to 490 this year in Trinity. Madness.

Was considering doing CS but the focus on maths has really put me off. Looking at BIS now which isn't just computer focused. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

have my English paper 2 Christmas exam tomorrow.. 3 hours 20 minutes after school :( it's like a real leaving cert paper 2, she's getting all the questions from mock papers and it'll be the exact same layout as the real thing... PREDICTING PLATH AND HEANEY!

ray2012 wrote: »
    have my English paper 2 Christmas exam tomorrow.. 3 hours 20 minutes after school :( it's like a real leaving cert paper 2, she's getting all the questions from mock papers and it'll be the exact same layout as the real thing... PREDICTING PLATH AND HEANEY!

Woah. That's a tad bit much ain't it?

Woah. That's a tad bit much ain't it?

Yeah it was, like a pre-mock paper! prepares us for the real thing though I suppose. The 3 hours and 20 mins were horrible though. Hand felt broke after it. Had over a 9 hour day in school :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Are all ye having 18th's or say had 18's? Not sure if I am going to have one yet :L

• Advertisement

I'm not 18 until the end of July... and I DID Transition Year... But yeah, for my 18th then, i'll just go out in town with a few of my friends like a normal night out. Drink more than the usual though! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement