Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

David1994 wrote: »
    Are all ye having 18th's or say had 18's? Not sure if I am going to have one yet :L

Probably not, I'll probably just go to the cinema, beingthe mad party animal that I am ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Are all ye having 18th's or say had 18's? Not sure if I am going to have one yet :L
    Definitely want one.. Would love a big house party and then move everyone to town but havnt told the tuismitheori these ideas yet.. Also my bday is only a few days before the LC so I dunno how it'll all pan out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm not 18 until January 2014 heh! At that stage it'll depend on where I am, if I end up in college in Dublin I'd probably just go out, if I'm in Cork, where I am from I might have a house party or have it in a pub. I'm not sure but don't I have plenty of time left to be deciding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Don't really see a point in a big party for my 18th myself, 21st is a big one so more than likely just head into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Yeah not sure yet. Like if you are not having an 18th everyone is like wtf! :L
    I cannot have a house party so anywhere else might not be that great :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

As someone who threw a hell of a house party for my 18th I advise ye to do it.

What I did was pretty simple: no bars, no nightclubs, just keep it classy at home, few friends, few quiet ones, few tunes, a bonfire. it was CLASS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I didn't do anything big for my 18th, I think I went into town that weekend. I feel really old compared to some of you guys. I'll be 19 before the Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm pretty sure I walked by Jackobyte once or twice in Maynooth earlier and several people who looked very like him aswell. I might have also seen him in the corner of easons or that could have been one of his lookalikes.

We never actually went to any of the talks though.....we're such bad students. Still had a really good day though, spent like an hour in the shopping centre and an hour in the park playing tig and on all the slides and stuff.

Did anyone else see the very disturbing huge goblin elf yokes in the shopping centre?

So now that NUI Maynooth's open day is over (which I didn't go to anyway!) who's going to TCD next weekend?

I couldn't convince anyone in my school to come with me, mainly cause most of the courses in TCD an equivalent is available in UCC which is only about 20 minutes down the road, so very few people from my school go anywhere other than CIT or UCC for college. So if you see someone looking particularly lonely next Saturday, it's probably me!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

So now that NUI Maynooth's open day is over (which I didn't go to anyway!) who's going to TCD next weekend?

I couldn't convince anyone in my school to come with me, mainly cause most of the courses in TCD an equivalent is available in UCC which is only about 20 minutes down the road, so very few people from my school go anywhere other than CIT or UCC for college. So if you see someone looking particularly lonely next Saturday, it's probably me!

I'm going, I can't wait! (sad life really) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I can't wait either! I hope it's as good as UCD! :-)

I can't wait either! I hope it's as good as UCD! :-)

I was very impressed by UCD, 'twas very useful! TCD has a lot to live up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Megapost!
    Parent teacher was this evening. Anyone else had theirs yet?

Finally got the last of our test results back aswell and I'm unbelievably amazed at my points total. :D
    Had ours Tuesday. All the teachers were happy but I fell 70 points since Summer tests, though the results were based off averages of tests rather than one offs which I do better in.
    Had 15 people down to a holiday home for a few days. Unsupervised, so we went a bit mad. I may have passed out on one of the nights. >.>
    I'm pretty sure I walked by Jackobyte once or twice in Maynooth earlier and several people who looked very like him aswell. I might have also seen him in the corner of easons or that could have been one of his lookalikes.

We never actually went to any of the talks though.....we're such bad students. Still had a really good day though, spent like an hour in the shopping centre and an hour in the park playing tig and on all the slides and stuff.

Did anyone else see the very disturbing huge goblin elf yokes in the shopping centre?
    I was in Easons. Were you in a group of 4 looking at young adult stuff and I was with 1 guy, in the history section?

Jackobyte wrote: »

I was in Easons. Were you in a group of 4 looking at young adult stuff and I was with 1 guy, in the history section?
    Ahhhhhh so it was you!

So what did ye think of Maynooth anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

anyone thinking of going to NUIG? Feels like I'm the only person on here considering going there! it's the closest to me also. :P

Ahhhhhh so it was you!

So what did you think of Maynooth anyway

I hadn't even considered that it might have been you. :/ Makes sense now though that I think about it. Where else did you think you saw me?

The college and the town were largely unimpressive. Coming from Limerick, Maynooth seemed like a village, and the campus seemed odd, almost like a primary school in design. Really liked the course though.

ray2012 wrote: »
    anyone thinking of going to NUIG? Feels like I'm the only person on here considering going there! it's the closest to me also. :P

I think that I'll probably go there as well, what are you thinking of doing?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I think that I'll probably go there as well, what are you thinking of doing?

I'd love to do biomedical science there, but the points were around 550 in 2012, which is crazy, pretty much impossible for me to get. I'll still have it no.1 on my CAO just in case it HAPPENS to go down by 100 points or so this year :pac: But i'm aiming for undenominated science. what about you? :cool:

Jackobyte wrote: »

I hadn't even considered that it might have been you. :/ Makes sense now though that I think about it. Where else did you think you saw me?

The college and the town were largely unimpressive. Coming from Limerick, Maynooth seemed like a village, and the campus seemed odd, almost like a primary school in design. Really liked the course though.

I'm fairly sure I walked by you earlier on in the Iontas building. I have no clue what time it was though, 12 maybe.

I definately agree with you on the primary school thing, the arts building was horrible and the science building was the same. The science building was deserted for the whole 2 minutes we were in there. The town itself didn't bother me, it's close enough to the same size as Mullingar and its only 40 minutes away on the train. I'd probably stuill move there though.

What course were ya looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Omg I've just seen the mort horrifying video!! These children set this poor innocent puppy on fire! :( anyone else seen it?

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure I walked by you earlier on in the Iontas building. I have no clue what time it was though, 12 maybe.

I definately agree with you about the primary school thing, the arts building was horrible and the science building was the same. The science building was deserted for the whole 2 minutes we were in there. The town itself didn't bother me, it's close enough to the same size as Mullingar and its only 40 minutes away on the train. I'd probably stuill move there though.

What course were ya looking at?
    I was in the Iontais building at that time. Was talking to the Philosophy department but did also walk in and out a handful of times around then as we were waiting for the computing talk and didn't feel like waiting in the cramped area around the stands.

Ya, as a campus, I didn't like it at all.

Was looking at the computational thinking course. That's the only course I'd bother to go to Maynooth for.

My whole year of 40 got our legs waxed today for prostate cancer awareness. Was really painful, but a real laugh!
    But yeah, my legs feel weird now. Really cold.

The army bomb squad were called to our school today, you know typical day…

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

My whole year of 40 got our legs waxed today for prostate cancer awareness. Was really painful, but a real laugh!
    But yeah, my legs feel weird now. Really cold.
    Do you only have 40 in your year :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Were you planning to bomb your school? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Well a dog penetrated our fortress of a school...Highlight of my day :cool:

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Were you planning to bomb your school? :P

If only it was that interesting! One of the chemicals in the chemistry store room was found to be unstable, this is definitely gonna look good 2 weeks before the Chemistry inspector comes! Which BTW is the bane of my life, like I've to write up all the experiments I didn't write up in 5th year :(

I'd love to do biomedical science there, but the points were around 550 in 2012, which is crazy, pretty much impossible for me to get. I'll still have it no.1 on my CAO just in case it HAPPENS to go down by 100 points or so this year :pac: But i'm aiming for undenominated science. what about you? :cool:

Are you...........me? :eek: I think I'll probably go for science as well, I used to want to do biomed as well but I visited the labs in a hospital and a lot of the work is done by people on their own and I realised I don't want to work by myself all day. The points rise was CRAZY as well IMO. A few of my friends and I put it down to people applying for the course who wanted medicine but didn't get enough hpat points. Oh well

Our school was 3 degrees today.

It was 5 degrees outside.

A fridge is 4 degrees.

Freezing isn't the word.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

People going on facebook and saying "I can't do this anymore.. **** studying." People like this make me cringe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement