Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    People going on facebook and saying "I can't do this anymore.. **** studying." People like this make me cringe.
    Or those attention seeking people who put up statuses and then say they don't want to talk about their many problems.. Facebook is not for your every thought :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Or those attention seeking people who put up statuses and then say they don't want to talk about their many problems.. Facebook is not for your every thought :P
    Aye, it's like "Diarybook" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Honest opinions are the worst thing on facebook or like for meet or pass

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I agree. The Honest Opinions are the worst ever! "Well, I don't know you that well but...you were in my class in primary school" Like that isnt even an opinion...why bother? :rolleyes:

The worst honest opinion is " dont' know you really but you seem nice and sound "
    Random adds are another awful thing about facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I'm not on Facebook.

I'm not on Facebook.
    As you can see you're missing out on so much :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Never had a Facebook page, everyone is always telling me how much I'm missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Actually I think honest opinions are pretty good, especially the longer more meaningful ones :P The real problem is when someone likes the status when they barely know you... that's when you have to go off doing the pointless short ones :pac:

curly135 wrote: »
    Actually I think honest opinions are pretty good, especially the longer more meaningful ones :P The real problem is when someone likes the status when they barely know you... that's when you have to go off doing the pointless short ones :pac:

Most of the time its not even an honest opinion they give,
    they say usually just write a memory they shared together :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

The best is: "I don't know you but you seem sound".

Well that wasnt predictable at all. :cool:

Another terrible thing thing about facebook is when someone writes a sad face as their status
    and someone comments underneath whats wrong and they reply nothing
    Like seriously if theres nothing wrong why bother post anything ??

Another terrible thing thing about facebook is when someone writes a sad face as their status

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

decisions wrote: »
    Never had a Facebook page, everyones always telling me how much I'm missing out.
    The only thing Facebook is good for is to receive invitations to 18th's, and knowing your name will be at the door with the bouncers after you click attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Is it me or is the level of teaching gone to shíte in 6th year? A lot of my teachers don't seem to care anymore. I know it's down to us to do the Leaving so don't give me that lecture lol.

David086 wrote: »
    Is it me or is the level of teaching gone to shíte in 6th year? A lot of my teachers don't seem to care anymore. I know it's down to us to do the Leaving so don't give me that lecture lol.
    well I know in my school in 6th year, they assign the best teachers the higher level classes and the crap teachers the ordinary classes.
    which i think is stupid and unfair, I do ordinary irish and maths
    and the teaches dont seem bothered to teach us very well

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Are you...........me? :eek: I think I'll probably go for science as well, I used to want to do biomed as well but I visited the labs in a hospital and a lot of the work is done by people on their own and I realised I don't want to work by myself all day. The points rise was CRAZY as well IMO. A few of my friends and I put it down to people applying for the course who wanted medicine but didn't get enough hpat points. Oh well

may see you next year so in NUIG! Yeah, I searched a bit online about the course and not sure if i'd be so into it. My number 1 on the cao right now is Science. Would hope to branch off into the pharmacology side in 2nd/3rd or whatever year you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

A house I walk by every morning had their Christmas decorations up this morning...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

A house I walk by every morning had their Christmas decorations up this morning...........tree and everything.

Or when they post a sad face or some status about how awful their life is and when someone asks about it they say they don't want to talk about it.. Don't post on facebook then! Or else they say 'chat me now babe'.. Don't get me started on this!

• Advertisement

One of the worst things on fb are those people who post stuff aimed at someone but don't say who it is like : "can't believe I thought you were my friend! B***h" etc etc seriously it seems that my newsfeed is constantly blocked with crap like that! :eek:

Or when they post a sad face or some status about how awful their life is and when someone asks about it they say they don't want to talk about it.. Don't post on facebook then! Or else they say 'chat me now babe'.. Don't get me started on this!

Or if a girl gets dumped says " hate men, dont need him, just me and my girloos now "
    the word girloos drives me nuts!!!

or the ones who are like ''Cnt Wait 4 Weeknd, Gonna Be Bad :):) Vodka :D:D'' .. drives me mad. especially having every word with a capital letter AHHHHH.

Women who have to use xxx or leave out vowels in every sentence just grind my gears altogether!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Some girl posted recently (in worse spelling of course!) "I'm a people person, but I hate people if you get what I mean!" like the f**k are you on about?! What made you feel the need to post this status in the first place! *rolls eyes*

Some girl posted recently (in worse spelling of course!) "I'm a people person, but I hate people if you get what I mean!" like the f**k are you on about?! What made you feel the need to post this status in the first place! *rolls eyes*

People like that, I will never understand. Some girls are so stupid with what they post on Facebook it's unreal. (Lads aren't in any way nearly as bad.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

ray2012 wrote: »

People like that, I will never understand. Some girls are so stupid with what they post on Facebook it's unreal. (Lads aren't in any way nearly as bad.)

Yeah but I think if a guy posted something as banal as that their friends would only take the piss out of him or give out to him straight out, whereas with a girl, her friends would only comment beneath agree with her or encouraging her!

Yeah but I think if a guy posted something as banal as that their friends would only take the piss out of him or give out to him straight out, whereas with a girl, her friends would only comment beneath agree with her or encouraging her!

Yup, agree with that. Girls are complex creatures, and almost impossible to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

A house I walk by every morning had their Christmas decorations up this morning...........tree and everything.

It's Still November......

• Advertisement

A house I walk by every morning had their Christmas decorations up this morning...........

My friend's next door neighbour has had their decorations up for two weeks now..:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement