Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Heya Im katia and waiting on jc results :D Goin into 5th itereste n Law,Business or Medecine :/ Bring on Tuesdaaaay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

I already said what I was doing earlier but didnt introduce myself, my name is Connie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LaLaLand101

Hi, I'm Louise :) I've been reading boards for a while but never really post so hello :p
    I'm doing chemistry, biology, accounting and French. Yay :rolleyes:
    This is sorta weird but I was wondering if anyone who gets the bus to school could tell me if on the ticket in the bit 'Travel between' is from your address or the place you get picked up.. It's on the side with the valid until date. Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Hi :)

In my school unfortunately they warned us that once we had picked our subjects we would most likely be stuck with them unless the class we wanted to move to had a space or if we could find somebody to switch with. If you were in my school you would have no chance of moving to Biology as all the biology classes had over 25 people in them!

Has everyone managed to get the Active Maths 4 higher level leaving cert book? All the book shops I've went to haven't stocked it yet!

Btw everyone, I'm Martina and I am 16 (I believe I never got around to introducing myself!). I just finished TY and I am looking forward to getting back to doing some work for a change - by the end of next week I'll probably be saying the exact opposite :D

Who should I talk to about changing subjects though?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Who should I talk to about changing subjects though?

You should ask your Year Head first (if you have one!) and then if he/she doesn't let you, you should try asking your Principal or Vice Principal! Good Luck. I hope you get to change. Also, it might help if you say something like "I need Biology for the course I want to do..." even if you just make it up or you could get your mum or dad to go into the school and ask for you! I hope it works out for you!

• Advertisement

You should ask your Year Head first (if you have one!) and then if he/she doesn't let you, you should try asking your Principal or Vice Principal! Good Luck. I hope you get to change. Also, it might help if you say something like "I need Biology for the course I want to do..." even if you just make it up or you could get your mum or dad to go into the school and ask for you! I hope it works out for you!

Actually do need it (or any science subject really) to do most computer/IT courses in college..cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

iLikePiano: Where are you from actually? I stumbled across a book advert in Limerick that you were interested in. I was just wondering, are you from Limerick as well? :P

Actually do need it (or any science subject really) to do most computer/IT courses in college..cheers :)
    If you mention IT though, they may say Physics/Applied Maths would be more relevant and they also count for Science subjects so they may decide lump you into a class which has free spaces that you don't want. You'd be better mentioning a biology based course if it is specifically Biology you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Stupid applied maths homework.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    If you mention IT though, they may say Physics/Applied Maths would be more relevant and they also count for Science subjects so they may decide lump you into a class which has free spaces that you don't want. You'd be better mentioning a biology based course if it is specifically Biology you want.
    Tbh physics would be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

When are the JC results out?? Just wondering because we're not properly streamed into classes until the 3rd years who come straight into 5th get their results

Glee_GG wrote: »
    When are the JC results out?? Just wondering because we're not properly streamed into classes until the 3rd years who come straight into 5th get their results
    Somewhere around the 14th/15th AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Somewhere around the 14th/15th AFAIK.

Excellent, that'll be a week and a half of pointless classes so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conorburke2011

WOAH! 315 posts already! A lil' bit about me since it was discussed earlier: I'm Conor and I started this thread way back in June!I love acting and musical theatre and I've been lucky enough to do some film and tv work too! Actually can't wait to get back to school tomorrow! I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, Business, French, Music and Geography all at higher level with the exception of maths. Dunno why, but I'm dreading Irish! But really can't wait to get back into the swing of things! Anyways I'm off to watch the rest of season 2 of "Glee" I'm a bit behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

WOAH! 315 posts already! A lil' bit about me since it was discussed earlier: I'm Conor and I started this thread way back in June!I love acting and musical theatre and I've been lucky enough to do some film and tv work too! Actually can't wait to get back to school tomorrow! I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, Business, French, Music and Geography all at higher level with the exception of maths. Dunno why, but I'm dreading Irish! But really can't wait to get back into the swing of things! Anyways I'm off to watch the rest of season 2 of "Glee" I'm a bit behind!

Would you be able to name a few movies/ tv shows that you acted in? I'd love to have a look!;)

iLikePiano: Where are you from actually? I stumbled across a book advert in Limerick that you were interested in. I was just wondering, are you from Limerick as well? :P

Nope. I'm from Dublin! Up the Dubs! (sorry couldn't help but put that in there :))

DarkDusk wrote: »
    Would you be able to name a few movies/ tv shows that you acted in? I'd love to have a look!;)

I second that!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I'm dreading getting my timetable tomorrow... I swear if I see double chemistry or english I'll have a fit.

I'm dreading getting my timetable tomorrow... I swear if I see double chemistry or english I'll have a fit.

I think you are almost guaranteed to get Double Chemistry...since that involves experiments...sorry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I think you are almost guaranteed to get Double Chemistry...since that involves experiments...sorry! :)

No I know I will, I had a double every second monday morning first thing last year:/ just saying that if I have it tomorrow I'll have a fit:pac:

• Advertisement

No I know I will, I had a double every second monday morning first thing last year:/ just saying that if I have it tomorrow I'll have a fit:pac:

Well, Good luck anyway! I am dreading getting my timetable too. :eek:

I'd like a Double Chem, always enjoyed experiments, but I don't want to see Double Irish... >.<

I'd like a Double Chem, always enjoyed experiments, but I don't want to see Double Irish... >.<

Double Irish would make me sick! Especially if I get my TY irish teacher cause she was just horrible...if I get the teacher I had up until JC then I won't mind as much... :D

Double Irish would make me sick! Especially if I get my TY irish teacher cause she was just horrible...if I get the teacher I had up until JC then I won't mind as much... :D

Oh, if I get my TY Irish teacher, I think I'd have to shoot myself... :/

Oh, if I get my TY Irish teacher, I think I'd have to shoot myself... :/

I am surprised that after last year, I didn't shoot myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I have Double Chemistry twice a week, and a single! Fun times, although I haven't had a Chemistry class yet so can't really talk, but I feel like I'll like it. :) Tomorrow I have Double Accounting, Double Irish and Double English. Fun fun fun!

Although I think I may love Accounting after just one class so s'not so bad really. :p

Guys, I think I like Fifth Year. Leaving Cert > Junior Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

In Fifth Year,

Subjects:

Maths
    Irish
    English
    Spanish
    Geography
    Chemistry
    DCG

Wanted to do Physics but it clashed

I'm not sure if I've said my subjects yet but here goes anyway.

Irish
    English
    Maths
    Spanish
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Applied Maths*

*will probably do outside school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

I'm not sure if I've said my subjects yet but here goes anyway.

Irish
    English
    Maths
    Spanish
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Applied Maths*

*will probably do outside school.

My God, you're doing the EXACT same subjects as me :D Well, I'm not doing Applied Maths outside school but still, I'm doing it in school :O

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Awww lads, it all starts again tomorrow morning :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement