Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

It's Still November......

My point exactly. I'm going to feel christmassy every morning now on my way by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Does anybody know how many SRP's are in each of the sample answers in the Sue Honan Book for Geography. Is there just the bare minimum or are there any extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

It's Still November......
    Christmas FM launches tomorrow, excited already! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Omg the most annoying thing on facebook is when someone says "like for a like.. Only doing some' and then they only get about 5 likes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Omg the most annoying thing on facebook is when someone says "like for a like.. Only doing some' and then they only get about 5 likes
    Aye makes me chuckle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

In New Ross we've got lights up already in town. Wonder what's the story in Waterford?

I'm doing O.L maths and our teacher is great. Even though sometimes she makes silly mistakes she's always there to help and holds extra classes during mass and after school.

Oh, and I don't have Facebook. I hate the idea of it. I don't want to live my life on-line as many do now-a-days.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

mixery wrote: »
    Oh, and I don't have Facebook. I hate the idea of it. I don't want to live my life on-line as many do now-a-days.

Each to there own. I couldn't bear to live my life up on a high horse.

Sorry, I had to :D I set up a fb account there recently, because the cost of texts is too damn high! Using IRC or MSN for the same purpose does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Does anybody know how many SRP's are in each of the sample answers in the Sue Honan Book for Geography. Is there just the bare minimum or are there any extra?

There's too many. Our teacher seems to think so anyway as he often shortens them down when reading them out

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I swear this year is gonna destroy me. Already much more irritable and self hating than before and nothing can just be grand. Too many extremes.

Going to be the longest 7 months of my life if I can even keep it going.. Dont even want to think of what it'll all be like if I have to repeat for whatever reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

deise_girl wrote: »
    I swear this year is gonna destroy me. Already much more irritable and self hating than before and nothing can just be grand. Too many extremes.

Going to be the longest 7 months of my life if I can even keep it going.. Dont even want to think of what it'll all be like if I have to repeat for whatever reason...

I am the same and so are most people. But at the end of the day all you should focus on is getting the work done. Think of that feeling of finishing and knowing that you have done your utmost to achieve what you wanted to achieve. If you do that then you should have no worries. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Rihanna is playing the Aviva the day I finish my last exam next June, tempting …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Wow, that's the least subtle attempt at spamming I've seen in ages.

Say, have you guys ever heard of RadioColm? I hear it's amazing. Not that I have anything to do with it. He sure knows his radio. I'll make two posts about it in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Sean M. wrote: »
    Sean M. wrote: »

I wouldn't buy any educational material from an organisation who think that this horrific shilling attempt would work. Everyone at walsh printing should be fairly embarrassed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

StumbleUpon + 8tracks throws up some cool stuff: Reclaim Your Mind

Colm! wrote: »
    Wow, that's the least subtle attempt at spamming I've seen in ages.

Say, have you guys ever heard of RadioColm? I hear it's amazing. Not that I have anything to do with it. He sure knows his radio. I'll make two posts about it in a row.
    Hey colm .. What time do u do it at and what do ya talk about? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Does anyone know what to put into your calculator to work out 1.8 x 10^-5 x 0.01 ?
    I have a chem test tomorrow and when I put it into the calcualtor it isnt the right answer :/

Are you using the x10 button on your calculator? That tends to be my mistake.

I mean the one in the middle, bottom row.

4971850185093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Starting to think having Christmas tests would have been better than the continuous assessment for our report, averaging about five tests a week now, slightly overwhelming.
    Can't wait for the toy show on Friday though :)

We're starting an extra 45 minute maths class after school every Thursday from tomorrow. I dont mind the extra maths really but it's just the thought of having to stay in for longer that's killing me. :(

Are any of ye doing extra classes in anything? Both of our HL and 1 of out OL maths classed are at them now.

decisions wrote: »
    Are you using the x10 button on your calculator? That tends to be my mistake.

I mean the one in the middle, bottom row.

4971850185093.jpg

I have a sharp calculator(the white one) and it doesnt have the x10 button.
    Is there an alternative button maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

David1994 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what to put into your calculator to work out 1.8 x 10^-5 x 0.01 ?
    I have a chem test tomorrow and when I put it into the calcualtor it isnt the right answer :/

Make sure your doing things step by step, use brackets to clarify it for you calculator. Find 1.8 x 10^-5 first, then multiply by 0.01. If its a sharp calculator you input (1.8 Exp -5 ) x 0.01. Hope it works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I have a black Sharp calculator, but there should be a button y^x on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

On the Sharp, the x 10 button is the EXP button directly above the number 7 :)

Thanks a million lads. Found it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

E stands for exponential, so it E counts as "*10" so you do like 4E10 for 4x10^10.

you already got it so forget this ;D

We're starting an extra 45 minute maths class after school every Thursday from tomorrow. I dont mind the extra maths really but it's just the thought of having to stay in for longer that's killing me. :(

Are any of ye doing extra classes in anything? Both of our HL and 1 of out OL maths classed are at them now.
    We have extra maths at lunch .. How many maths classes do j have a week so? :)

We have extra maths at lunch .. How many maths classes do j have a week so? :)
    6 during normal school hours: 3 40 minute ones and 3 35 minute ones and now this extra onr aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I wouldn't buy any educational material from an organisation who think that this horrific shilling attempt would work.
    Guys, please don't quote spammers / shills, it means that even when an admin nukes them their message is still preserved in quoted posts. Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

this leaving cert is taking over my life so badly. I either want to join the fire brigade or the army
    but I need to be really fit to join either but I dont have time to go gym cause I get too much homework.
    Anyone here thinking of joining the military, fire brigade, gardai etc. ?

• Advertisement

You don't need a gym to be fit, check out this blog.

My only non lc related goal atm is to get back into some kind of shape, when I get in the first thing I do is some exercise. It breaks up the day nicely.

I also have half an eye on going into the PDF as a Cadet, but before that I need a degree. Right now the DF is spoiled for choice, they have so many applicants with so few places.

EDIT: No wonder people mistake me for a dude on de interwebs. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement