Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

It totally depends on the course you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

In other news, my Irish teacher is a toy-dinosaur loving maniac. And it's wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

EvM wrote: »
    In other news, my Irish teacher is a toy-dinosaur loving maniac. And it's wonderful.

Yeah we were shown that a few weeks ago. Weird thing to be doing in Irish....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

My christmas exams are done, now results are being given back. In my history and maths classes about half of people have failed each. German wasn't too bad. In english the teacher made us re-do the poetry question(everyone learned Plath, she didn't come up) cos the answers were shayte. i didn't do it as i thought my answer was fairly good. So yeah, it's gonna be entertaining couple of months..

P.S: Parent-teacher meetings on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I feel so Christmassy!

Toy Show later! Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I feel so Christmassy!

Toy Show later! Can't wait.

The Toy Show is like the official start to Christmas for me :D
    Can't wait to see what sort of jumper Ryan will be wearing this year !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

who cares about the toy show. An Idiot Abroad is on !!!!!!!

Everything we want to watch always ends up on at the same time ( Toy Show, I'm a celeb, ALOTO, An Idiot Abroad) so I've had to rearrange our whole recording schedule because we can only record one thing at a time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Anyone know when the LC timetable is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

On my way to TCD now, ugh why must I live so far from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Anyone at the NCI open day ? Really like the college, definitely my number one choice now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Charlie11 wrote: »
    Thursdays must be horrible so
    Also have an hour and a half Applied Maths Thursday night.
    :eek:

Nothing is that important!
    From 8.10 til 8.50…

Any of ye go to Trinity today? What did ye think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I did. Loved the French talk, way better than UCD. And I really liked the sound of the music course there. Not so much the Irish course and that's what I liked in UCD. I love the TCD campus though, feels so homely or something :)

It was so lovely as a campus :) I really wanna go there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

FUDGE MY LIFE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

It was amazing, the people I was talking to were really nice and I really want to go there now ! The campus was really nice, but in general the college just had a really good vibe coming off it, better than any of the other colleges i've visited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

It was amazing, the people I was talking to were really nice and I really want to go there now ! The campus was really nice, but in general the college just had a really good vibe coming off it, better than any of the other colleges i've visited :)

Out of interest, what other open days did you go to?........I didn't get to go today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Nothing like a change of avatar to get me in the Christmassy mood :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Anyone doing ag science? Have you started on the project yet?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Out of interest, what other open days did you go to?........I didn't get to go today :(

I went to UCC and CIT as well, but i just thought trinity was the best. The people I talked to on the stands(physics mainly) were just way more informative, there was a lot of students on the stands who were really helpful and realistic about doing the degrees, in cork there were only one or two people at the physics stand and i just found it a bit discouraging I could be a little biased because i don't really want to stay in Cork for college, but i just thought trinity made more of an effort.

I went to UCC and CIT as well, but i just thought trinity was the best. The people I talked to on the stands(physics mainly) were just way more informative, there was a lot of students on the stands who were really helpful and realistic about doing the degrees, in cork there were only one or two people at the physics stand and i just found it a bit discouraging I could be a little biased because i don't really want to stay in Cork for college, but i just thought trinity made more of an effort.

Well people who manned the stands in TCD got €100 for the day! While in UCC the most I've heard anyone getting for it was €20 book voucher for the college book shop so I suppose money talks! ;)

Also in other news I've registered for the CAO like a mad bast*rd!

Well people who manned the stands in TCD got €100 for the day! While in UCC the most I've heard anyone getting for it was €20 book voucher for the college book shop so I suppose money talks! ;)

I honestly didn't know that i thought people just volunteered,no wonder there was so many people at the stands so!

I honestly didn't know that i thought people just volunteered,no wonder there was so many people at the stands so!

Yeah I suppose though from their perspective would you be willing to give up your Saturday lie in for that? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Anyone know where I can get good notes online for ordinary level irish especially the oral stuff i.e sraith pictiurs ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hey lads, a few of ye listened in to my "last show" last week. I'm doing a little "encore" from 9-11 tonight if you guys are interested. http://mixlr.com/radiocolm

Also, I also just registered for the CAO. CK401 life.

Colm! wrote: »
    CAO. CK401 life.

*shudder* Send my regards to Mr S for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Amazing that you've already filled in your CAO and I'm still stuck with 6 Level 8s and 1 Level 6/7s :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Colm! wrote: »
    Hey lads, a few of ye listened in to my "last show" last week. I'm doing a little "encore" from 9-11 tonight if you guys are interested. http://mixlr.com/radiocolm

Also, I also just registered for the CAO. CK401 life.

Nice one, I'm going to need something to work to this evening.
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement