Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

How much sleep would you get each night? I know it's a random question but I'm just curious. I'd get between 3-5 on weekdays, I have problems sleeping and I honestly cannot remember the last time I fell asleep before 3 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

MUST.STOP.PROCRASINATING.MUST.STUDY.

AAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

How much sleep would you get each night? I know it's a random question but I'm just curious. I'd get between 3-5 on weekdays, I have problems sleeping and I honestly cannot remember the last time I fell asleep before 3 am.

I usually dont get to sleep until 12:30 but keep waking up at 5, its getting really annoying and i cant get back to sleep after that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Usually go around 11:30 but lately its been 12:30 and I read until 12:00 or 1:00. Dunno how some of ye get only 3- 5 hrs sleep. I'm dead tired the next day with my 6 !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Around 6 hours on average as I am usually up until 2AM as I don't start my homework until very late because I am an idiot.

However, from tonight I have decided that I will get into bed and settle down by midnight every night. My lack of sleep is affecting (effecting?) me as I constantly feel tired during the week, particularly after school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Always seven/eightish hours but I only got six last night and I'm so tired I feel almost physically sick. But I'm reading a really good book at the moment. It's a hard life...

Good morning fellow boardsies! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Morning. Why are you up so early?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

God 6 hours and less.. I get 8 hours(on average) and still feel dead the next morning :pac:
    Might look into diet and exercise plans..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just added up the points based on the results home , Got 365 , looking for 400

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Morning. Why are you up so early?

I was up since 5 studying for Christmas exams, going on online is one of my favourite methods of procrastination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i am wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got my ridiculously bad christmas exam results home today. Studied a lot for chemistry(2 and a half hours a day for the week before the tests, just on chemistry.. pretty huge amount of study for me) which I got 22% in and the comment "Darren didn't study at all for this test." That's a bit ****.

Did get highest in Tech, second highest in physics, second highest in English though.

300 points. I really need to learn how to study and start doing it frequently. I left my house for school at 7 this morning and I got home at 6 too. How are some of you only getting 5 hours sleep? Even when I'm up at half 6 to go to the gym before school I still get at least 7 hours!

How are some of you only getting 5 hours sleep?!
    Coffee, lots of coffee.

Just filled out my CAO. Feels weird but so so good :D

I still don't know what to do next year. Can't think of anything. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

6 hours sleep!? Are ye mad! I'd never survive. I'm usually fairly good at sleeping, 11.30 or so until 7. 30 so 8 hours give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I usually sleep for 7-8 hours. The thing is that if I wake up on my own I feel extremely tired. If the alarm wakes me up I'm fine. Or maybe it's "all in your head". :D

Anyway, my christmas results are not amazingly good, I'm waiting for p-t meeting tomorrow to find out my English result. Our teacher says he prefers to give it to parents first. I really hope I do well. Otherwise I hope my parents won't go crazy with the results, I know that the reports will be good, it's just that all the 50's may scare them. I'm kinda pissed off with ag. sc. the teacher marked it very unfairly. I need to develop a better excuse for tomorrow evening though :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Usually get 7-8 hours sleep apart from Sunday nights when I usually get 6, for some reason I just cannot get to sleep early on Sunday nights.

Happy with my Christmas results, 535 points and I need 470 so just have to keep that up.

I found out today that my Spanish oral for the mocks is on this Friday. :eek: Not looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

So the word on the stret is that we could have our lc hoodies by the end of the week! Aaaaahhhhh excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I tend to go to sleep at 12 and I generally wake around 6:55 so I get around 7 hours or so! I can cope well enough on that without resorting to copious amounts of coffee!

I'm delighted with my Christmas results, I got 575 altogether, I thought though that some of mine were marked a bit too easy, like there were exams that I got blatantly wrong while the teacher gave menthe majority or even all the marks, while I'll definitely take it, but I'm just worried I'll get a slight bit complacent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Wow.. the majority of you are extreme caffine fans. I take coffee an odd day but not as much as you guys :P

I normally get a fair 7 hours sleep and when I wake in the morning I rely on my Dad to tear off the sheet. He had his father pour a bucket of water over him to get wake him up so I'm lucky I don't have to experience that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I'm in 5th year but I thought I'd ask here as you guys would know better. For my English Christmas test, we are getting a poetry question and my teacher wants us to write 4 pages. The question will either be on Seamus Heaney or Emily Dickinson.

I am just wondering how I should go about this? We have notes on each of the 12 poems we've studied in class, but I don't know how to turn it into a 4 page answer. I think the question is going to be about Emily Dickinson and how she is "unique" or else has a "unique style of writing" or something similar. Do I just take one poem at a time and discuss her style, etc. and give each poem a full paragraph?

Help would be appreciated. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

007driver wrote: »
    I still don't know what to do next year. Can't think of anything. :confused:
    same here :/

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year but I thought I'd ask here as you guys would know better. For my English Christmas test, we are getting a poetry question and my teacher wants us to write 4 pages. The question will either be on Seamus Heaney or Emily Dickinson.

I am just wondering how I should go about this? We have notes on each of the 12 poems we've studied in class, but I don't know how to turn it into a 4 page answer. I think the question is going to be about Emily Dickinson and how she is "unique" or else has a "unique style of writing" or something similar. Do I just take one poem at a time and discuss her style, etc. and give each poem a full paragraph?

Help would be appreciated. :o

I would start of with a small paragraph on the poets background. Then write about five poems with a paragraph each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Seven hours minimum for me, I needs me my sleeps :o

I'm delighted with my Christmas results, I got 575 altogether

...........nerd.
    Ah no, seriously congratulations on the fantastic result. :)

Dónde está todo el mundo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Dónde está todo el mundo?

Estoy aqui.

• Advertisement

Ich verstehe nicht.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement