Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Started Plath today, can't really see what all the fuss was about so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Ich verstehe nicht.

Was verstehen Sie nicht? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Started Plath today, can't really see what all the fuss was about so far!

I'm the same here. I think everyone finds her the easiest to engage with(the whole struggling with depression and all). I much prefer the likes of Kinsella and Larkin(Did him last year :P )

Also do not really like Bishop either....I think I just prefer the male poets! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Gonna take the plunge and fill in the CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

David1994 wrote: »
    I'm the same here. I think everyone finds her the easiest to engage with(the whole struggling with depression and all). I much prefer the likes of Kinsella and Larkin(Did him last year :P )

Also do not really like Bishop either....I think I just prefer the male poets! :rolleyes:

I don't like any of them :D
    In fairness Plath is the Poet whose poems I understand the most, but at that I still just.don't.get.poetry.
    Oh well :D

• Advertisement

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Gonna take the plunge and fill in the CAO

Ooooh good luck, what you putting on it?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ooooh good luck, what you putting on it?

1-5. Medicine
    6. Radiation Therapy
    7. Medicinal Chemistry
    8. Food Science
    9-10. Science

All done :D

1-5. Medicine
    6. Radiation Therapy
    7. Medicinal Chemistry
    8. Food Science
    9-10. Science

Whoop whoop, go you, fUture Dr.Glee_GG ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We've just put up our Christmas tree.

*waits for angry mob to chase me down with flaming pitchforks*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

1-5. Medicine
    6. Radiation Therapy
    7. Medicinal Chemistry
    8. Food Science
    9-10. Science

Waheeeyyy Radiotherapy is up there on my list also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

curly135 wrote: »

Was verstehen Sie nicht? :pac:

Sie haben aus Spanisch gesprochen.

Sie haben aus Spanisch gesprochen.

No entiendo alemán pero me parece incredíble que la gente habla espanol en los consejos. :D
    No pensé que muchos colegios ensene espanol.
    (Mi intento fatal de espanol)

Ní thuigim.
    (Mo ghaelige uafasach ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

bonjour, c'est la vie !

007driver wrote: »
    bonjour, c'est la vie !

Bonjour, ca va bien. un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf dix, cuisine de france, bananana un fuq moi twa

MY FABULOUS KNOWLEDGE OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE! :D

HugsiePie wrote: »

Bonjour, ca va bien. un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf dix, cuisine de france, bananana un fuq moi twa

MY FABULOUS KNOWLEDGE OF THE FRENCH LANGUAGE! :D

Croissant baguette

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Recemment, j'adore la francais. Il y a quelques annees je la detestais parce que je pensais qu'elle etait une langue difficile. Mais actuellement, je trouve qu'elle facile. Elle est une belle langue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fecking languages, down with that sort of thing!

Fecking languages, down with that sort of thing!

Nein, du bist ein Arsch.

Spent the whole evening designing a concept lectern for my DCG project only to thwarted on the little things! :( If I ever see Solidworks ever again after January 18th it'll be a million years too early!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

How are some of you only getting 5 hours sleep? Even when I'm up at half 6 to go to the gym before school I still get at least 7 hours!
    During 5th year, my sleeping pattern was horrible, where there were times I might have gotten 8-9 hours collectively over 2 nights. It's gotten better this year, with me being in bed for 1am most nights to wake at 8, though usually not sleeping til 1.30 to 2ish.
    I'm delighted with my Christmas results, I got 575 altogether, I thought though that some of mine were marked a bit too easy, like there were exams that I got blatantly wrong while the teacher gave menthe majority or even all the marks, while I'll definitely take it, but I'm just worried I'll get a slight bit complacent!
    Very well done Eurovisionmad! I was a little bit disappointed with mine. I fell from 615 at summer to 545. Some of the results were continuous assessment though, and as the tests were so frequent, I wouldn't always be prepared for them, so I'll take them with a pinch of salt. I also didn't sit an Applied Maths one yet, which was one of the subjects I had counted at summer, though I don't hold much hope for it knocking my B2 off the bottom place in my results.

• Advertisement

Nein, du bist ein Arsch.

Oui! De acuerdo! Encanto espanol! Vivan las lenguas! :D

Jackobyte wrote: »
    During 5th year, my sleeping pattern was horrible, where there were times I might have gotten 8-9 hours collectively over 2 nights. It's gotten better this year, with me being in bed for 1am most nights to wake at 8, though usually not sleeping til 1.30 to 2ish.

I did about 15 all-nighters during 5th year and normally didn't get 4 hours sleep, still was continuously disappointed with my results . :(

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Very well done Eurovisionmad! I was a little bit disappointed with mine. I fell from 615 at summer to 545. Some of the results were continuous assessment though, and as the tests were so frequent, I wouldn't always be prepared for them, so I'll take them with a pinch of salt. I also didn't sit an Applied Maths one yet, which was one of the subjects I had counted at summer, though I don't hold much hope for it knocking my B2 off the bottom place in my results.
    Yeah definitely no time for complacency, in a lot of them I really thing it was just an exam that suited me rather than anything else!

Yeah I've still got Applied Maths to include, like you I'm not sure if it will be included though! What questions do you reckon you'll do?

How do all of ye on here survive on going to bed at 2 and 3, I went to bed at midnight last night and am like death this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Can anyone here outline how exactly do the attempt marks work in Project Maths at OL?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Can anyone here outline how exactly do the attempt marks work in Project Maths at OL?
    There no set way that they work, Maths is the subject that the SEC try to get the most resembling a normal distribution, in plain English that means that a certain amount get A's a certain amount get B's and so on. If one year it's a particularly easy exam then in attempt to bring down the amount of A's and B's the SEC will give maybe 2 out of 10 for attempt marks, if the exam was particularly hard, like last year, they gave up to 8 out of 10 in attempt marks.

So in short nobody knows how many attempt marks you get for each question!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Yeah definitely no time for complacency, in a lot of them I really thing it was just an exam that suited me rather than anything else!

Yeah I've still got Applied Maths to include, like you I'm not sure if it will be included though! What questions do you reckon you'll do?

How do all of ye on here survive on going to bed at 2 and 3, I went to bed at midnight last night and am like death this morning!
    Haven't lent it a whole lot of thought, but I'd imagine Statics, Projectiles, Circular Motion/SHM, Newtons Laws and maybe Linear Motion/Relative Velocity.

Anyone get any Christmas work?

Waheeeyyy Radiotherapy is up there on my list also!

Went to the talk on it at the Trinity open day and I have to say she made the course sound amazing and I think its an extremely interesting field of work! Tough going but seems worth it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Wow it seems that on boards we have the crème de la crème of L.C students, all getting crazy points(congrats anyway). I got a B1 in my christmas english exam. Extremely happy with that.

Allgemeine Frage ftw! Was mochten Sie nach dem L.C machen?
    Oh, and of course, deutsch ist mein lieblingsfach :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

mixery wrote: »
    Allgemeine Frage ftw! Was mochten Sie nach dem L.C machen?
    Oh, and of course, deutsch ist mein lieblingsfach :D .

Ich will Musik in UCC studieren! :D Und Sie? Deutsch ist nicht mein lieblingsfach, aber es ist sehr nützlich :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement