Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Finally got my edco maths exam papers :) so exciting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Es como piensan que todos de nosotros dominamos la lengua.

dominar = to dominate/to be fluent in/have mastery of.
    Gracias! I couldnt remember that phrase actually :P
    kevin12345 wrote: »
    Just going to reply in English. :p Oral went really, really well. I got asked the basic questions, myself, family, mi casa, mi pueblo, mi instituto, and then some questions about the school show I was in, what are the teachers like, uniform, social problems in my area, etc. I GOT ROLEPLAY 5, really wanted 1/2/3. :p I got 27/30 for that though.

Going by a quick glance of the sheet I THINK I got 22/25%. I would be delighted with that seeing as it's only for my mock.

Glad to hear it went so well :D Yeah they seem to stick to the basic questions which is nice.Wow well done 22% out of a possible 25 is really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Cool, I haven't gotten mine yet! Do they come with solutions/answers by any chance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Anyone here do accountancy by any chance? I do it and I'm not good at it .. AT ALL. Just can't get my head around the concepts of where the money is coming from, where it's going or anything.. what way do you study accounting? Just learn everything off by heart, do a load of exam questions? Want to try and get better at it but nothing is working :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

ray2012 wrote: »
    Anyone here do accountancy by any chance? I do it and I'm not good at it .. AT ALL. Just can't get my head around the concepts of where the money is coming from, where it's going or anything.. what way do you study accounting? Just learn everything off by heart, do a load of exam questions? Want to try and get better at it but nothing is working :|
    Yep and I love it! I think it's a subject you can do very well in once you get used to it. I recommend te Revise Wise book, it explains everything really well and do loads of questions from the book and papers. It will come with practice! And if you need any help or have any questions I can help :)

• Advertisement

Yep and I love it! I think it's a subject you can do very well in once you get used to it. I recommend te Revise Wise book, it explains everything really well and do loads of questions from the book and papers. It will come with practice! And if you need any help or have any questions I can help :)

yeah, i agree, it'd be easy to do well in if you're good at the subject. There is 4 in my class and 2 of the people are like brilliant at the subject, always getting A's. Then there is me and this other lad who get around 50/60% most times, rarely higher. I have the revise wise book, and find it really helpful. It's just that I can't learn off the material cause I find it impossible to understand ! like all the double entry and all that, drives me insane! I suppose I just need to keep on doing questions over and over ; they are seriously repetitive. Thanks! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

You have no idea how incredibly jealous I am right now!

QUOTE=ray2012;82128751]Anyone here do accountancy by any chance? I do it and I'm not good at it .. AT ALL. Just can't get my head around the concepts of where the money is coming from, where it's going or anything.. what way do you study accounting? Just learn everything off by heart, do a load of exam questions? Want to try and get better at it but nothing is working :|[/QUOTE]

My teacher gives us sheets on the layout of each account and all the possible transactions that can occur in the account. If you know the basics of how to do workings for a P+L, then you know how to do bits of a lot of questions! When trying to study for a question i write the layout out a few times, look at the theory behind it them practise some questions. The good thing about accounting is you dont lose that many marks if one figure is wrong so if you can get the basics of each account your doing well :)

Cool, I haven't gotten mine yet! Do they come with solutions/answers by any chance? :)
    Ya they have the answers at the back and then the codes for the examit thing on the Internet .. They are HUGE !! But loads of new questions to do :) yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

I cant even sleep on weekends anymore :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

007driver wrote: »

Same.Had to get at 7.30 to have a shower and then study.
    Fun.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Could you enlighten me to why you used the subjunctive in the above places? :P
    I'm not all the sure about the subjunctive..

It's not definite, I am not sure I will or won't get the results I want nor am I sure if there is anyone that hates Spanish or loves Irish, then again I just learned the subjuctive last week so I am not sure if that's right, I'm just using my (current) understanding of the subjunctive, it all could be very wrong. I am trying to use it as much as possible atm so I can be sure I learn it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Also have my maths exam papers :D

The analysis chart has :) on it :confused:

decisions wrote: »
    Also have my maths exam papers :D

The analysis chart has :) on it :confused:
    Ya haha strange :) what do u think of them

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

007driver wrote: »

all week i cant wait for the weekend so i can have a great sleep but i always end up staying up watching a film even if its crap:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When are yere mocks starting? Ours are 30th of January

I think ours are the 28th or 29th of January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

HugsiePie wrote: »
    It's not definite, I am not sure I will or won't get the results I want nor am I sure if there is anyone that hates Spanish or loves Irish, then again I just learned the subjuctive last week so I am not sure if that's right, I'm just using my (current) understanding of the subjunctive, it all could be very wrong. I am trying to use it as much as possible atm so I can be sure I learn it. :)

Hmm, I'm just going on what my teacher said, but when people use the subjunctive they tend to overuse it, it's just there so much, it looks a bit wrong (not saying it is). Just be careful, as incorrect overuse looks worse than correct under-use. :P(apparently)

Never............MWAHAHAHAHAHA :D

18th February, Seems kinda late, so i really hope they dont get spoiled on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

18th February, Seems kinda late, so i really hope they dont get spoiled on me :(

30th for us as well, so like 8 weeks? Ugh

Same, I'm determined not to cheat them so gonna just stay off boards for the whole two weeks they're on

• Advertisement

30th for us as well, so like 8 weeks? Ugh

Same, I'm determined not to cheat them so gonna just stay off boards for the whole two weeks they're on

My plan as well, I want to go into them and get a real result, not cheat. You wont know what's coming up on the leaving cert so why bother cheating in the mocks, you'll just end up with an unrealistic result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Ours will probably start around then too, can't believe they are so close. Year is going too fast. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

My mocks were like in March. Relax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

just happened to find myself on the junior cert place on here, and saw a thread for Junior Cert grinds... it's actually crazy to think that parents would send their sons and daughters for grinds in JC. Leaving cert is a different story cause the results actually mean something, unlike the junior cert..

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Stress! Stress! Stress! I haven't even started studying properly yet!... Oh God :( The longer I leave it, the more daunting it becomes :O

just happened to find myself on the junior cert place on here, and saw a thread for Junior Cert grinds... it's actually crazy to think that parents would send their sons and daughters for grinds in JC. Leaving cert is a different story cause the results actually mean something, unlike the junior cert..

I know people who were getting grinds in TY! I kind of resent a friend of mine though, she has been getting grinds in a certain subject since 5th year and has been getting them more often and in more subjects ever since, she won't admit it but I've seen her notes. Her parents can afford them and mine can't, it's kind of disheartening. Oh well, sure what can ya do :)

I know people who were getting grinds in TY! I kind of resent a friend of mine though, she has been getting grinds in a certain subject since 5th year and has been getting them more often and in more subjects ever since, she won't admit it but I've seen her notes. Her parents can afford them and mine can't, it's kind of disheartening. Oh well, sure what can ya do :)

That's crazy, and kind of sad tbh. The recession isn't hitting some families at all I don't think! I wouldn't be able to afford them either. :pac: and even if I could, i wouldn't bother with them, really wouldn't be bothered.

I understand people going for over 500 points for a course they really want or something getting grinds in 1 subject, 2 MAX maybe (even that's crazy), but more than 2 subjects? bleh.

I know the leaving cert is important and all that, but I wouldn't take it that serious as to spend all that money on grinds seeing as they charge a hell of a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

it's actually crazy to think that parents would send their sons and daughters for grinds in JC.
    I know people who were getting grinds in TY!
    I understand people going for over 500 points for a course they really want or something getting grinds in 1 subject, 2 MAX maybe (even that's crazy), but more than 2 subjects? bleh.

As a 1st Year student in college who got a good Leaving Cert, I say thank God that these people exist and may there be more of them. It's a very handy source of revenue for students who are able to give grinds for a subject. LC is very profitable. And students don't charge as much as teachers, some are happy teaching for a tenner an hour.

• Advertisement

subz3r0 wrote: »
    As a 1st Year student in college who got a good Leaving Cert, I say thank God that these people exist and may there be more of them. It's a very handy source of revenue for students who are able to give grinds for a subject. LC is very profitable. And students don't charge as much as teachers, some are happy teaching for a tenner an hour.

Ah but there are some of us who can afford to spend €0 on grinds and others who have both parents working in jobs with ridiculously high salaries who can afford to pay thousands on grinds. Little unfair on the student who has no money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement