Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

I am doing

English
    Maths
    Applied Maths
    Bio
    Physics
    Business
    Economics

Should be fun. Being an UK person living in Ireland allowed me to dodge Irish and doing another language :D

Should be fun new school and new country

GLHF everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My God, you're doing the EXACT same subjects as me :D Well, I'm not doing Applied Maths outside school but still, I'm doing it in school :O
    Are you allowed do 8 subjects in school? I'm the only one doing the 3 core sciences in my school.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Awww lads, it all starts again tomorrow morning :(
    Tuesday morning... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Are you allowed do 8 subjects in school? I'm the only one doing the 3 core sciences in my school.

We pick 4 then we can pick either study class, LCVP, Computers or App. Maths. There's a few more than me doing all three sciences, hopefully I'll be able for them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

TY OT is better :p

*runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

MarkD09 wrote: »
    TY OT is better :p

*runs*

Blasphemy!

*chases with pitchfork*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Had my first day of fifth year today! The entire start-of-year assembly consisted of our Year Head repeating the lines "the leaving cert doesnt start in 6th year...it starts now, NOW! So make yourself a study timetable blah blah blah..." And then my english teacher started our first class telling us about paper 1 and paper 2...she said that only one person has ever gotten an A1 in her honors class and that was this year...so I dont know whether thats a good thing or a bad thing! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Teachers are crazy for streaming classes...
    One example, French: We're using your junior cert marks to determine which class is right for you.
    Example 2, Maths: Anyone who would like to do higher level, please follow me this way! :L

Irish is kinda fecked up though, Im in the "lower honours class" so they say but that class is gonna turn into pass, they always do, but I refuse point blank to do pass Irish for 5th year, whatever about the middle of th year if Im not able, not now! And even though we have a good teacher, shes preggerz and leaving in October, and subs never work in our school tbh..

Tl;dr I want my summer back.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'm the only one doing the 3 core sciences in my school.

HIGH FIVE! Me too :') Well actually I'm doing 4, with Applied Maths as well *science nerds ftw*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Glee_GG wrote: »
    HIGH FIVE! Me too :') Well actually I'm doing 4, with Applied Maths as well *science nerds ftw*
    I couldn't do App. Maths in school as it clashed with the others. Yay, other nerds! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." - Bill Gates

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    "Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one." - Bill Gates

So true! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

This is quite possibly the most insignificant post ever but we're doing pass Project Maths questions until someone finally gets round to printing a book for honours. So we got some for homework, and I was just there doing them, having a bit of fun because most of it isn't exactly rocket science. Then I stumbled across the very last question in the section. And I can't do it. I can't do a pass question on what has been described by many (not me, DON'T KILL ME) as a ridiculously dumbed down course. I'm meant to be good at maths. And now my mathematical confidence is in tatters.

First world problems indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I'm back tomorrow...:(

Really just want to get my locker, timetable and classes sorted at this stage. Don't know if I'll get it all sorted tomorrow though, because my class tutor is a legend but he's very unorganised...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Slow Show wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the most insignificant post ever but we're doing pass Project Maths questions until someone finally gets round to printing a book for honours. So we got some for homework, and I was just there doing them, having a bit of fun because most of it isn't exactly rocket science. Then I stumbled across the very last question in the section. And I can't do it. I can't do a pass question on what has been described by many (not me, DON'T KILL ME) as a ridiculously dumbed down course. I'm meant to be good at maths. And now my mathematical confidence is in tatters.

You've 2 years to be able to do that one question! Plenty of time! :P Plus, you're only after starting the LC course (and this section). It'll all be fine! :)

You've 2 years to be able to do that one question! Plenty of time! :P Plus, you're only after starting the LC course (and this section). It'll all be fine! :)

BUT IT'S PASS. I'M DOING HONOURS. AAAAAHHHHHH NO.

If anyone wants me I'll be playing my harmonica in an alley...

As a matter of interest, do YOU think that the project maths course is significantly easier than the old course? Have you seen the new course...cause you did the old course, right? or is that just rumours about project maths being really simple?

BUT IT'S PASS. I'M DOING HONOURS. AAAAAHHHHHH NO.

If anyone wants me I'll be playing my harmonica in an alley...

So, there were often times my friends in pass asked me for help and I was stumped! In less than 2 years time I promise you'll be here posting about your A1 in HL maths! :pac:

As a matter of interest, do YOU think that the project maths course is significantly easier than the old course? Have you seen the new course...cause you did the old course, right? or is that just rumours about project maths being really simple?

Is this aimed at me?!

I haven't seen much of the new course (except I know the new course books are all colourful compared to ours. :pac:) so I can't really have a proper opinion on it.

I do however believe that the changes are for the better, but I highly doubt the course is any easier than ours, it's just different. Some bits of our course were cut, like vectors - and that was a beautiful section.

The bonus points coming in the same year as the new course is unfair though. They should have either kept the old course and brought in the bonus points or brought the new course and kept the old points.

I'll say again though that I know very little about the content of the new course, so I hope no one attacks me! :P

So, there were often times my friends in pass asked me for help and I was stumped! In less than 2 years time I promise you'll be here posting about your A1 in HL maths! :pac:

Haha thanks, I have a habit of making things a lot more stressful than they need to be. And I'm fatigued. Oh so tired...:(

Is this aimed at me?!

I haven't seen much of the new course (except I know the new course books are all colourful compared to ours. :pac:) so I can't really have a proper opinion on it.

I do however believe that the changes are for the better, but I highly doubt the course is any easier than ours, it's just different. Some bits of our course were cut, like vectors - and that was a beautiful section.

The bonus points coming in the same year as the new course is unfair though. They should have either kept the old course and brought in the bonus points or brought the new course and kept the old points.

I'll say again though that I know very little about the content of the new course, so I hope no one attacks me! :P

Yeah, it was aimed at you :) Thanks for the reply! I agree with the whole extra points thing btw...even though I amn't exactly "upset" over getting the extra but still, it really doesn't make sense getting the extra points right after they bring out a new course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Hmm... Not a bad first day overall, spent biology drawing the male reproductive system, of COURSE one of the lads had to ask when the practicals for this chapter were! Bitta double P.E. Which had the new Spanish babe in it and then hockey, grand oul day.

Feels like I've been back forever though :/

Its so wrong isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Its so wrong isnt it.

Disgustingly so

Homework finally done :D

Homework finally done :D

I didn't get any since I was only in for like 2 hours! Did you get much? Tomorrow I am in for a full day with a grand total of 6 subjects all on Tuesday so I expect bucket loads of Homework... :eek:

:( 3 hours worth including a fúck load of Maths and English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

\o

This where the party at? Starting 5th tomorrow.

I did my homework in fifteen minutes while eating dinner...>.>

:( 3 hours worth including a fúck load of Maths and English.

Woah!! I hope my teachers will be kinder than that... I have English, Irish, Maths, double biology and french tomorrow so I really doubt my teachers will be letting me off lightly :(

• Advertisement

Irish - 20 sentences
    English - 1 A4 page on Functional Writing and the Language of info.
    Ap. Maths - 15 Vector Diagrams
    Maths - 12 Geometry incl. diagrams
    French - 3 LC HL comps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement