Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I can't wait for the carol service :D the day it's on is usually really fun and festive with only around 3 classes.. So exciting! And sad that it's my last one.. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

HugsiePie wrote: »

Do you go to my school? ;)
    Can't believe it took you this long to figure it out. ;)

In 5th year we had choose to PE, computers (which has now transformed into a double free class or careers) or choir so for me it was no doubt going to be choir everytime. It's practically the highlight of my week that double class on a Friday, apart from the ridiculously high notes like Fs and Gs. Seriously though, 3 part harmony is unbelievable and dont even get me started on the 4 part barbershop ones........

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ours is starting to look really christmassy aswell. We've got a crib, the SVP giving tree, another Christmas tree, a snowman, a reindeer, an elf and another cardboard Christmas tree, a big present and a gingerbread man. Everytime I go by the gingerbread man all I can think of is "Not the gum drops!"

Carol service is this Friday aswell. I never really care a whole lot about the religion but I have a serious soft spot for Christmas carols.
    Word on the street is that confessions are tomorrow which I'll be avoiding like the plague for sure.

And "Friendship" week starts on Thursday. Yea you heard me: "Friendship Week". I can see where they're coming from but seriously, we're not 8 years old anymore. I hated it last year.
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    Yee get a school tree, aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww.
    Ya, in the central part of my school around which all the corridors are based, we've a crib with 3 foot high characters as well as a 20ft Christmas tree with decorations and lights.

School does have a carol service but I'm not going. It's not awful, had to go last year as a prefect, but once was enough. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Not sure if ye have seen it or not but its the timetable! http://www.examinations.ie/exam/2013_LC_Written_EV.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Not sure if ye have seen it or not but its the timetable! http://www.examinations.ie/exam/2013_LC_Written_EV.pdf

Four subjects in the last week, ouch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Finished on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Flabangav wrote: »

Only have 1! 5 Days to study for Economics :cool:

Flabangav wrote: »

Me too, Why do physics and accounting have to be on the same day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I have physics, then spanish and chemistry the next day :( wah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Irish and Biology on the same day ......yuck, that's super demanding, going to be WRECKED by the end of that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Day of on my 18th birthday and the day after my birthday during leaving cert... one tiny silver lining

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

no sign of the lcvp exam?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

you do that in like april

just seen it there, start of may

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I finish the 13th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

just seen it there, start of may

see it now, thanks

finish on the 18th, only 2 full days, 1 or two days before exams, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I had that last year. I was dreading it from the moment I saw the timetable. Just try and block all the accounting out of your head while your doing the physics exam. If you worry about the accounting you'll only pressurise yourself more during physics. Keep a clear head, get the physics out of the way and then concentrate on accounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anyone else find the Spanish exams a bit demanding? It seems like the vocab you need to know is endless and I also think that they are almost expecting near fluency to get an A1 in it. The emphasis on vocab is huugeee :P
    Is that the same with French and German?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I was 90% sure of when I'd be finished already but seeing it there makes it more real...bring on the 18th! :p Not too bad for me, in a good bit at the start like everyone, and the days with two exams aren't too horrible thankfully (I pity anyone who does Physics and Accounting), then after Biology five days to study for Accounting and Chemistry. :) I have a feeling most of my Accounting will be done then tbh. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Has anyone elses workload went crazy recently? I've been working 5pm-1am solid for the last few days and yet still I'm not getting enough done and what I am doing is very rushed and of a poor quality :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Biology and Irish paper 2 on the same day is horrible. bleh. I pity any of the people doing history and French! From the 13th-16th June I'll be literally flat-out studying for accounting, chemistry and economics which are all on the day after each other :| Suppose it's better than being on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Has anyone elses workload went crazy recently? I've been working 5pm-1am solid for the last few days and yet still I'm not getting enough done and what I am doing is very rushed and of a poor quality :(
    No I haven't been getting as much homework lately so I'm going to bed now :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I guess I couldnt ask for much more with it.. Happy Ive only 2 days with 2 exams, although Irish and Maths on the same day makes me want to cry..

Hate how economics is always so late though, if it wasnt for that id have been finished the week before! I guess I can go over the whole course in those extra days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

deise_girl wrote: »
    I guess I couldnt ask for much more with it.. Happy Ive only 2 days with 2 exams, although Irish and Maths on the same day makes me want to cry..

Hate how economics is always so late though, if it wasnt for that id have been finished the week before! I guess I can go over the whole course in those extra days though.
    It's better than having economics in a tight schedule like the rest of the exams. I prefer to some sort of break inbetween exams to study and prepare better.

deise_girl wrote: »

I have applied maths on the very last day of the leaving cert, At least you'll be finished two days before that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I MUST get the A1 in Spanish

4 days to study for Spanish

I WILL get the A1 in Spanish (hopefully) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

I have applied maths on the very last day of the leaving cert, At least you'll be finished two days before that :/

Same for me! A lot of my friends finish with either Business on the 13th, or Physics on the 17th.. yet I'm not done until the 21st. Oh-well, not complaining about those extra days to study. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I have like no break other than the two days after French (the Thursday, Friday + weekend). I then have accounting, chem and economics the last week -__-

Saying that, only 2 full days. The majority of mine are on the days after each other.

• Advertisement

Leahxo wrote: »
    Same for me! A lot of my friends finish with either Business on the 13th, or Physics on the 17th.. yet I'm not done until the 21st. Oh-well, not complaining about those extra days to study. :)

A lot of my friends have music the day before so it's not too bad in comparison with them. I have 4 study days between french and physics and two between chemisty and applied maths so it's not too bad:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement