Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I MUST get the A1 in Spanish

4 days to study for Spanish

I WILL get the A1 in Spanish (hopefully) :p

I am going for an A1 too but Chemistry is on the same day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

David1994 wrote: »
    I am going for an A1 too but Chemistry is on the same day! :(

That was a small reason as to my giving up of Chemistry last year :o
    Man that's going to be a hard day for you though eek :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Why do I deem it to be a necessity to consume my body weight in food before commencing an English essay? At the rate I'm going I'll be rolling to my English exam in June...

Slow Show wrote: »
    Why do I deem it to be a necessity to consume my body weight in food before commencing an English essay? At the rate I'm going I'll be rolling to my English exam in June...

I often find myself doing that.........oh procrastination you are my foe :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

In the war against procrastination, I'd be mistaken for its ally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

In a war against procrastination I would destroy it...after having a cup of tea first, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Glad to know that it's not just me then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm gonna have to be pedantic here and say, surely it would be totally natural to consume your body weight in food in 6 months? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm gonna have to be pedantic here and say, surely it would be totally natural to consume your body weight in food in 6 months? ;)

While I see where you're coming from, I'm going to have to be pedantic here and say, Slow Show said she's consumes her body weight in food before she starts an English essay, not over a period of 6 months. ;)

This isn't right, it's unnatural, no one has posted here all day, I'M BREAKING THE SILENCE!!!!! :P

So what has everyone been up to? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

This isn't right, it's unnatural, no one has posted here all day, I'M BREAKING THE SILENCE!!!!! :P

must be all the studying :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Exams, should be studying now but I give up, whatever happens tomorrow happens. And tis only Xmas exams.

Be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

To tell the truth I've been planning for Eminem in August :o

Anyone on here thinking of going? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Half my year is... :pac:

It's alive, THE THREAD IS ALIVE! :D

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Half my year is... :pac:

Same :D Will be brilliant... aside from the place being full of scum but still :D

Out of interest does anyone else's school not do mocks?

Out of interest does anyone else's school not do mocks?

Ugh, if only

Ugh, if only

When does everyone do them? I was considering maybe ordering them myself in a few subjects. I think they would be more useful than just Christmas exams. Do people get examined by people other than their teachers for mock orals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Just came home from an all you can eat Chinese restaurant. 3 starters, 2 main courses, plenty of craic and the swapping of Kris Kindle presents. I is happy out.

Just came home from an all you can eat Chinese restaurant. 3 starters, 2 main courses, plenty of craic and the swapping of Kris Kindle presents. I is happy out.

JEALOUS :mad:
    Ah no, sounds great! :D You've already done Kris Kindle, I've bought all of 0 presents :o

When does everyone do them? I was considering maybe ordering them myself in a few subjects. I think they would be more useful than just Christmas exams. Do people get examined by people other than their teachers for mock orals?

Mine are starting Jan 30 I think. I always found them really worthwhile :) You don't need to go to the trouble (and expense!) of ordering a mock paper though. Most teachers will be more than happy to correct an exam paper for you so if you do an entire paper out, under exam conditions, it would be as good as a mock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

JEALOUS :mad:
    Ah no, sounds great! :D You've already done Kris Kindle, I've bought all of 0 presents :o
    That was only the first Kris Kindle aswell. Still have to buy the one for school. I plan on doing that this weekend though sometime.

We were a person short though tonight and of course person who was missing had my present. I love the replacement one I got though, a money box in the shape of a piano. Probably more than I would have loved what I was supposed to get, I have no idea where that would have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Don't suppose anyone's going to the Maths Revision Seminar in UCC in January? Got my ticket today, from what I heard from my teacher it's fairly good and it sold out the past 2 years :pac: so I'm hoping it'll be of some benefit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

To tell the truth I've been planning for Eminem in August :o

Hell yeah! It will make SHM look like a tea party, but I still wouldn't miss it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

TGIF! Unfortunately I won't be relaxing too much this weekend, still have to catch up on the work I didn't do last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

curly135 wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone's going to the Maths Revision Seminar in UCC in January? Got my ticket today, from what I heard from my teacher it's fairly good and it sold out the past 2 years :pac: so I'm hoping it'll be of some benefit :p

is that the one George Humphrey is giving, I thought that was February ? I'm thinking about going, it seems like it will be really good. I'm starting to get afraid about maths tbh, i really want an A in it but the way its being marked and the fact that people barely know what is on the paper is freaking me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GoldenPoppy

Random question: Anyone know how many words an English poetry essay has to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Random question: Anyone know how many words an English poetry essay has to be?

it's quality not quantity. :rolleyes:
    But you'd be looking for around 2/3 A4 pages I'd say (not sure how many words)

But then again, a person with 1 page of good and focused material and who answers the question properly, will get higher marks than someone who writes 3 pages of stuff slightly straying off the point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement