Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Sure, I don't know who any of those artists are bar David Bowie (80s singer, correct me if I'm wrong), but I'll give them a listen :)

You appear to be into very 70s music (although I do recognise changes from Shrek 2 :P)

Funny you should say that, lately I've been getting into 70's R&B, you know, Al Green, The O'Jays, that sort of thing. I sort of go through phases, but I like all types of music.

Also, to add to smurfs5's suggestions, you should have a look at the What are you listening to thread. Some daecent suggestions on there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055197995&goto=newpost&zxf=1355265051

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Friday better hurry up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Friday better hurry up!!!

well said!! im wrecked and i havent done a tap all weekend :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Finished tomorrow!

\o/

decisions wrote: »
    Finished tomorrow!

\o/

Lucky. Although kind of stupid that they made you come in on a Monday for last day

• Advertisement

Lucky. Although kind of stupid that they made you come in on a Monday for last day
    Tomorrow is my last exam, most people aren't finished until Wednesday.

Tomorrow is my last exam, most people aren't finished until Wednesday.
    Ah thought it was just school. :)

The school is open on Thursday too but we have been given the day off because none of the 6th years ever turn up on the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

What's everyone getting for Xmas? :D
    Was looking to get a phone but couldn't pick up the Nexus 4 so got a watch instead, and will buy the phone myself after Christmas
    How have u lived without an iPod :O are u getting an iPod touch? :)
    I was going to say that people didn't have to own an iPod, and that there were many other, often better brands available. I had presumed the HugsiePie had meant his/her first Apple branded mp3 player but no. :P Either way, I only got my first iPod over the summer (6th gen nano when Tesco were selling them for €87). I did have a Creative Zen and a Sony one beforehand though, both of which I preferred to Apple's offering but meh... :pac:
    Dunno, I didn't grow up around much music, we didn't get a radio until I was 8 and even with the radio my dad would only listen to show band music and no offensive to anyone who likes it, but I hate it. Obviously when I hear certain songs I generally know if I like it or not and I favour some songs over others but I'm not a fan, I don't look up music on line or follow charts, I only know of the most famous artists and songs out there, my friends knew I didn't know much music but when they played some of the music they had on their phones they were actually shocked at the tiny amount of songs/singers I know. :o
    When you do find artists you like, sites like tastekid.com can then be used to find similar artists which you may also like. Heck, you can even put in books you like and get recommendations on music based on the tastes of others who liked the same books, though that can sometimes give odd results.

Also, in terms of chart music, signing up to a service like Spotify, and using built in apps like Billboard Top 100, can allow you to keep on top of a lot of mainstream music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

And so Monday rolls around again.

Just 5 more days. Just 5 more days.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Love/Hate
    They killed Darren!!!

Spoiler stuff like that please ;) - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

They killed Darren!!!
    This is all over facebook! :) does any1 else here not watch love/hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

To baby Santa !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

This is all over facebook! :) does any1 else here not watch love/hate

I don't... but I still know what happens in it every week because of Facebook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

From what I can gather Love/Hate is about a gangster called Elmo causing havoc in Dublin.
    gangster-elmo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Love/Hate
    They killed Darren!!!
    FFS, not everyone watches it live. I've it recorded for tomorrow night, for when I don't have a big maths test the next day, and you've just ruined it. I've stayed off facebook all night so not to hear what the twist was. Spoiler that shit up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

They tickled Elmo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Was looking to get a phone but couldn't pick up the Nexus 4 so got a watch instead, and will buy the phone myself after Christmas

I was going to say that people didn't have to own an iPod, and that there were many other, often better brands available. I had presumed the HugsiePie had meant his/her first Apple branded mp3 player but no. :P Either way, I only got my first iPod over the summer (6th gen nano when Tesco were selling them for €87). I did have a Creative Zen and a Sony one beforehand though, both of which I preferred to Apple's offering but meh... :pac:

When you do find artists you like, sites like tastekid.com can then be used to find similar artists which you may also like. Heck, you can even put in books you like and get recommendations on music based on the tastes of others who liked the same books, though that can sometimes give odd results.

Also, in terms of chart music, signing up to a service like Spotify, and using built in apps like Billboard Top 100, can allow you to keep on top of a lot of mainstream music.

I tried it out, VERY COOL :cool:

Anyone think this Christmas will be the most satisfying ever?

Well today was heaven. So Id say the next 3 weeks will be similar, this is the most relaxed I have been in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Anyone think this Christmas will be the most satisfying ever?
    Yes! I can't wait to sleep and actually get some work done (as weird as this may sound :P).

Yes! I can't wait to sleep and actually get some work done (as weird as this may sound :P).

I actually made up some notes today, it's nice to be able to do some work with out any pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

This is the least excited I've ever been for Christmas. I find that Christmas just isn't the same as it was when I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Well today was heaven. So Id say the next 3 weeks will be similar, this is the most relaxed I have been in ages.

Jealous :(

LC kinda kills the whole Christmas buzz. Roll on next year I say :pac:

1983-Bah-humbug-scrooge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Talent show was on today. Conor Quinn was the judge <3<3

Not going to do much until the day after st Stephens day. I appreciate Christmas more this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm really looking forward to Christmas now, the idea of sleeping in has become so alien to me at this stage!

The weekend after Christmas, I'm hiking the Galtee Mountains for the weekend, :D carrying tent, food clothes sleeping bag everything! ;) I hope there'll be snow on the mountains cause that would just make it, or else it's gonna be REALLY cold for nothing!

Hopefully I'll have the back broken on the study I need to do for the pres by the time I head back, or so goes the plan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

The weekend after Christmas, I'm hiking the Galtee Mountains for the weekend, :D carrying tent, food clothes sleeping bag everything! ;) I hope there'll be snow on the mountains cause that would just make it, or else it's gonna be REALLY cold for nothing!

That is my idea of hell, I think I'd rather study :o

• Advertisement

That is my idea of hell, I think I'd rather study :o

On another note just realised your name is hugsiepie and not hugsispie. Think I'm a bit tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement