Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

My teacher got a letter from the department earlier about the changes to the Irish course this week but from my understanding of what she said the debates and story will be left alone, and it's the alt/iris thing(part C- I think) that will be merged with part A, the essays. So there will be now 3 parts A (5 topic choices and you can do either an essay or an article) B (the scéal) and C (the debate). She also said the marking scheme for the essay/debate/scéal/alt will be changed so that 80 marks will go for grammar/spelling(same as before) but now there will be 15 marks for content/ideas(used to be 20 marks) and 5 marks for style of writing(it wasn't exactly called that but I think that's what it implied). Basically you'll get docked marks for not writing the proper introduction/conclusion for the debate.

Yeah you're right, the person who told me yesterday was wrong, it is that, our Irish teacher told us today.

Really I think this is a great development, as it gives you more choice in your essay titles! (or if you're one of those rare who freaks who does Alt's! ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

After a bit of searching on the examinations.ie website I found this about the changes to Irish P1:
    http://examinations.ie/schools/S100_12_JC_&_LC_Irish_Higher_Level_Exam_for_2013_and_Thereafter.pdf

Not sure if that link will work or not, it's what the Irish teachers were sent though I'd assume. It's basically the same as what I said in my post though in case the link doesn't work or if someone's reading this on a phone.

Nice one! Cheers for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Yeah you're right, the person who told me yesterday was wrong, it is that, our Irish teacher told us today.

Really I think this is a great development, as it gives you more choice in your essay titles! (or if you're one of those rare who freaks who does Alt's! ;) )

I don't know ANYBODY who does the Alt's ......... anyone?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Christmas holidays how are ya? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Christmas holidays how are ya? ;)

One test morrow then finished!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anybody wanna help me? just incase any1 didn't know I'm female .. Bug anyway in school there is a girl that I really don't like and she won't leave me alone .. She thinks she's best friends with me and my friend .. She waits at the door every morning when I come in .. It's so annoying :( how to I get rid of her

Anybody wanna help me? just incase any1 didn't know I'm female .. Bug anyway in school there is a girl that I really don't like and she won't leave me alone .. She thinks she's best friends with me and my friend .. She waits at the door every morning when I come in .. It's so annoying :( how to I get rid of her

Ah be nice to her, ya should be flattered she wants to be your friend :)

Ah be nice to her, ya should be flattered she wants to be your friend :)
    Oh god no .. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I really don't like her .. She is the kind of person that talks about the weather all day and we have nothing in common .. She is the kind of person that seems very organised but yet she is still doing all pass subjects ?

Oh god no .. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I really don't like her .. She is the kind of person that talks about the weather all day and we have nothing in common .. She is the kind of person that seems very organised but yet she is still doing all pass subjects ?

She seems harmless, what harm is it if she tags in with you and your friend :) She must think well of you if she wants to be your friend :)

She seems harmless, what harm is it if she tags in with you and your friend :) She must think well of you if she wants to be your friend :)
    No she seems like someone that has an evil streak in her .. I probably sound crazy right now but it's true .. She does and says things that make u feel as if your going mad?? I really sound crazy now

• Advertisement

No she seems like someone that has an evil streak in her .. I probably sound crazy right now but it's true .. She does and says things that make u feel as if your going mad?? I really sound crazy now

Haha nah, I get ya :pac: We've all had the creepy stalker friend before :rolleyes: Don't worry she'll probably get the message before long but like I said, try and be nice to her at the same time. She'll realise eventually when she doesn't get calls and stuff from ya outside school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

What sort of things does she do?

What sort of things does she do?
    One day she was sitting beside my friend and asked her if she could have her book and she said that she could look in but then two minutes later she had her own book? That sounds pretty normal but the the very next day the person I sit beside and the person she sits beside we're out so she asked if she could have mine and I was like no cause I need it? Then I see her taking it out of her bag? I was thinkning maybe she didn't know she had it so after class I was like to her did u find your book and she said she got it off the person at the table across from her bit I clearly saw her take it out of her bag?

Also two of my other friends were friends with her two years ago and say how she made up stories about each other trying to get them to fight with each other which of course happened! Even now I can see her trying to seperate me and my friend! She just is really creepy and annoying and I'm getting sick of her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

One day she was sitting beside my friend and asked her if she could have her book and she said that she could look in but then two minutes later she had her own book? That sounds pretty normal but the the very next day the person I sit beside and the person she sits beside we're out so she asked if she could have mine and I was like no cause I need it? Then I see her taking it out of her bag? I was thinkning maybe she didn't know she had it so after class I was like to her did u find your book and she said she got it off the person at the table across from her bit I clearly saw her take it out of her bag?

Also two of my other friends were friends with her two years ago and say how she made up stories about each other trying to get them to fight with each other which of course happened! Even now I can see her trying to seperate me and my friend! She just is really creepy and annoying and I'm getting sick of her!

That does sound pretty weird alright. It's only another 6 months though, so not all bad. Unless she ends up going to the same college as you! :pac:

That does sound pretty weird alright. It's only another 6 months though, so not all bad. Unless she ends up going to the same college as you! :pac:
    Ya I doubt we will be in the same college for some reason :) every morning she is waiting at the door and all I think about is when I leave school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

It may be harsh but I'd just straight up tell her that you don't like her and to leave you alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've eaten so much crap today. It started with the Big Sister Little Sister party that involved popcorn, lollipops and candycanes while watching Elf (<3). This was then followed by the exchange of Kris Kindle presents. We all brought in cake and had ourselves a bit of a Christmas party in the locker room: multiple chocolate cakes, swiss roll, yule log, mince pies, biscuits, pink lemonde. There were like 3 different little parties going on in the locker room at once. Best day I've had in ages. Even if the whole year practically got the head ate of us for leaving the locker room in such a mess.
    All topped off with the delivery of the hoodies. <3<3

Don't ya just love Christmas.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    It may be harsh but I'd just straight up tell her that you don't like her and to leave you alone.
    To make it worse one teacher moved us up the front and sitting beside each other :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You still have assigned seats? We re arrange the desks in most of our classrooms now.

decisions wrote: »
    You still have assigned seats? We re arrange the desks in most of our classrooms now.
    Yup in some classes :(

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    We don't have arranged seats, but now we've been sitting in the same places for almost 2 years now, if anyone were to change places the whole balance would be out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

We don't have arranged seats, but now we've been sitting in the same places for almost 2 years now, if anyone were to change places the whole balance would be out ;)

Nothing worse than when someone messes with the unspoken seating arraignments!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Two weeks off woop

Ahhhh last "last day before the Christmas holidays today!", the Carol Service in our school was amazing, I had goosebumps from listening to them :) in a really Christmassy mood now, putting up the outside lights cause nobody else wanted to before this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

This week has been the most unproductive week's studying I've done all year

I was the opposite, doing more work this week than I had at any other time of the year.

I had a full Maths P2 test, a Biology test on the green section of the book, an Applied Maths test on 3 topics and a big Physics test in the space of 3 days, and had done no preparation for any of them before Sunday afternoon, so was kinda forced into working. Did relatively well in all of them I think, though I haven't gotten back the Applied Maths or Biology yet. Biology shouldn't be a bother, but the App. Maths wasn't my best exam.

It's Christmas finally though!

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I was the opposite, doing more work this week than I had at any other time of the year.

I had a full Maths P2 test, a Biology test on the green section of the book, an Applied Maths test on 3 topics and a big Physics test in the space of 3 days, and had done no preparation for any of them before Sunday afternoon, so was kinda forced into working. Did relatively well in all of them I think, though I haven't gotten back the Applied Maths or Biology yet. Biology shouldn't be a bother, but the App. Maths wasn't my best exam.

It's Christmas finally though!

Fair play! Jealous of your workrate :o My "study" this week has consisted of tidying my study room and organising notes. I've hit the study wall and hit it hard :pac: Nothin' a good break can't put right though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yeah please tell me all of you are planning on not doing anything until at least after Christmas day so my relaxation time isn't marred by any guilt.

So good to be off. :D One term down.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Does anyone else study and study hut still feel like you're going nowhere? :( I'm so stressed right now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Fair play! Jealous of your workrate :o My "study" this week has consisted of tidying my study room and organising notes. I've hit the study wall and hit it hard :pac: Nothin' a good break can't put right though
    You really shouldn't be jealous of my workrate. I do sweet f all most of the time. I knew about all these tests for weeks, months with the maths and biology tests, and I still left all the work til the night before the exams.

The maths was on Monday so did all my work for it Sunday. The Biology and Physics were on Wednesday, and left all the work, which involved covering about 240 textbook pages, until Tuesday night. The applied maths test was Thursday night, so started Wednesday night, and continued after school on Thursday, til it started at 7.30

It truly was last-minute stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Jacko, that is exactly how my xmas exams went.

I havnt done a tap of work since Monday so I'm probably going to get started on homework later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement